I'm selling the Lynxx

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Postby Uba Tracker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:22 am

Paulw wrote:That's excellent news because it shows us that the Lynxx can be made a 'comfort' bike.

Apparently you had no trouble buying the seat, even though Bacchetta have a little disclaimer on their web site?

Who made the brackets?
Will the rear rack still fit?
So many questions! ;)

Hi Paul, I just organised the seat through Ian at Flying Furniture, no hassle what-so-ever. Ian even offered to manufacture the hardware to adapt it to the Lynxx but I was keen to do that myself. I am more than happy to help in any way I can if you choose to do the same fitout, I can forward you the plans for the brackets if you like. The rack still fits no probs at all, in fact there is probably a little more room between the frame spine and the new seat versus the original.

cheers

Harry
A bad day's riding beats a good day's work everytime
Uba Tracker

by BNA » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 pm

BNA

Postby Uba Tracker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Leigh_caines wrote:Good one Harry
looks comfortable
8)

Thanks Leigh, as you've no doubt gathered I am very happy with the result. It's really a case of horses for courses though, most riders who try the Euromesh are very satisfied with the comfort and support and that's fair enough but it just wasn't me.

cheers

Harry
Uba Tracker

Numbness in feet

Postby prinzjussuf » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Are you still the owner of the Lynxx? While reading through the thread I noticed that nearly all your problems have been solved. Just the numbness in your feet were of concern. Just wondering whether this numbness is caused by having the wrong pair of bike shoes. The comfortable position of a recumbent enables you to put quite a bit of pressure on the click pedals. If the soles of your shoes are not stiff enough the pressure on your foot is quite concentrated on the point of the clicks which could cause the numbness.

Cheers

Prinz Jussuf

Uba Tracker wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm, some very thought provoking comments there fellas, and very much appreciated too.
The main reason I began to look at different models was to try and alleviate some new found aches. My ride frequency/distance has risen sharply in the last 3 or so months and some new unwelcome side effects have surfaced, pain across my lower back and tingling to numb feet. In the early days I didn't notice it due to short ride times but now I'm doing two to three hour rides every second day and it always starts the same way, first the aching back then the tingle in the feet which will change to numbness and then a burning sensation if I persist. When I first started riding the Lynxx I put the seat in the most upright position which assisted me in feeling comfortable and getting used to the new riding style. However the seat remains in the upright position and I noted only today that this is effectively causing my hips to roll forward. The Lynxx seat (like many other), is, by default, set up in quite a reclined position which no doubt is where it best supports the torso, so it may well be that I have inflicted this on myself. Ian at Flying Furniture has jumped all over the issue and has offered all sorts of advice to remedy the problem, right up to seeing if a Bacchetta ReCurve seat can be retro-fitted to the Lynxx, many many thanks to Ian, what a lad. Anyway that's the unabridged version of events, so it goes without saying that if you, my fellow bent riders, have any advice, suggestions or ideas please let 'em loose. I would rather not sell the Lynxx but if I can't remedy the situation then it's the likely step.

cheers

H
prinzjussuf

Postby Uba Tracker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Prinz, my shoes are Louis Garneau (spelling?) and they feel very comfy. I think the numbness might have been associated with the old seat, it's early days yet but so far since the new seat has been fitted the only sensation in my feet is a slight tingling. So I hoping that the majority if not all my discomfort has been relieved by virtue of the new Bacchetta Lounge. Thanks for taking an interest, much appreciated.

cheers

Harry
Uba Tracker

Previous

Return to Recumbents