GoPro & Dashware & Vortex

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:27 am

Had a quick go with my neighbours GoPro and Dashware software on my ICE Vortex FS.....

After a 90km ride I had to go past one of my favourite spots - Bells/Southside valley, so did a little speed run. The bike is in commute mode with the seat as most upright as it goes and a rack and rear mudguard, not exactly in a speedy mode.....nonetheless my Garmin hit a Vmax of 70.5 kph.

Obviously when you descend, you have to ascend as well, so speeded up that bit......this video editing malarkey is hard.....

Anyway, 70.5 kph on a recumbent trike.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3BaqgtwlrI

Phil

Re: GoPro & Dashware & Vortex

Postby Phil » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Nice work - must admit I just touched 70kmh last year at the Byford Cyclo-Sportive on my Roubaix, and I was both excilerated and nervous at the same time.

Waiting on my Vortex to arrive - hopefully next week. You have just put a case forward for me to buy a Video Cam (that and a few close calls with cars not giving way at roundabouts this morning).

Nice riding country you have.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Now if only you had a Velomobile :) You would have loved the speed out of that one. I've touched 81.1kph going down Jarrahdale Rd, now if that was a trike/velo it would be 100km and speeding as well...
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes a velo would be awesome......

It is on order :D

How stable are Mango's on twisty subsidy roads, you'll notice there's a bit of a moment when the rear suspension loads up halfway through that first descent......

It's exciting and scary at the same time.....

:shock:

william

Postby william » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:16 pm

A nice bit of video work there Riggsbie.
I like your trike very much and the roads seem quiet enough. Does your trike have suspension? I thought the Vortex had non or was I looking at the latest really go fast Vortex?
I think you should also reconsider your 100k Audax ride too, but then again you would know your riding better, but, If you can do nearly 100k for that ride, 150 with a bunch of like minded riders will be relative if you pace yourself (read holding the reigns).

Fellow BNA member, nitramluap, could give you better advice about the Mango handling and from all accounts he's "Luvin' it". You can tell from his vid's.

william.

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Yes, mine is one of the last full suspension Vortexes.....

So it has leading link front suspension and the rear suspension as well, with 20" wheels all around.....

I think I could do the 150km Audax but just thought it would be best to start out at 100km for my first one.... How hilly is it from Kennet River to Apollo Bay ? If it's mostly flat I think I could do it with some reserve, if it's really hilly it might be pushing it a bit......

It certainly would be easier to ride with a bunch, the Kay's pass a lot easier......

William, you are a good salesman !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

william

Postby william » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:39 am

I hope this shows...
The profile of the 200K route. For the 150/100K riders the profile after the big blob is all you do. Just a lot of rollers really. Enjoy the downhills cruise (or race) uphills. If you pace yourself you will be fine with the 150 I'm sure.

regards,

william.

william

Postby william » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 am

Not trying to be a salesman, just selfish.
I start 7:30 doing the 200 and Will be in Lorne about 11ish. You'll be back from your 50K turnaround before I get there and may not get to meet each other (sigh).
Anyway... Don't let me sway you to something you're not comfortable with.

Your checkpoint in Lorne is Ma Sheils Bakery near the big resort.

See you soon...

william