Back on the 'bent

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Back on the 'bent

Postby WestcoastPete » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I rode the recumbent in today (simple old TW). I haven't ridden it anywhere for a while, other than post-service testing, but was a bit inspired by this journal on CGOAB.

It's so much fun to ride! It's weird though after not riding it for ages and it gets a lot of stares. I'll have to make sure I get it out more often...
WestcoastPete

by BNA » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:59 pm

BNA

Re: Back on the 'bent

Postby Riggsbie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Good work...

I am always a little apprehensive riding my two wheeler Musashi (I rude my trike all the time) but once on it and 20 minutes into the ride I am relaxed and really enjoy it !

Must ride my Moose more often !
Riggsbie

Postby cherock » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Hello there, I've been lurking on the BNA recumbent forum on and off. Couldn't resist posting here as the CGOAB journal you referred to is written by me. I'm glad it made you feel inspired and get out there on your 'bent :D

That Greenspeed GT3 was the first recumbent I rode. I now ride a Bacchetta Corsa 700c for weekend rides and a Bike E CT for commuting. I'm loving recumbents more with every ride and hope to see more people riding them. Seeing a fellow recumbent on the street always makes me smile :)

Melvyn
cherock

Postby Phil » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

Melvyn - Great journal. Looked like an awesome trip.

As to the smile, well I pretty much smile all the time on mine, its a nice counterpoint to everybody on DFs grimacing as they ride to/from work. The big grin and wave is reserved for other recumbent riders though ;-)
Phil

Postby panda1971 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:20 pm

holy crap thats an epic tale, currently up to page 45, man i need to find the time to do this type of ride
panda1971

Return to Recumbents