Gathering of Bents Brisbane?

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Postby vonhazza » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:36 am

Jonathan wrote:Hi guys, just thought I would let you know there is another 'bent in Toowoomba, me!

I ride a Trice QNT from FF in Canberra (of course) and commute a bit in 'Woombieland, but carefully, ... the drivers here can see white lines on the road, but not anything else!!!

We plan to move to Canberra before the end of the year though, so I guess I am a temporary resident here.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathon welcome to the group, had a look at your trike on the net, interesting bit of gear.
Uba Tracker is up in Toowoomba, have to see if you can prise him out of his cosy house for a ride.

I have ridden the Lions CCIA 5 day ride through the Downs the last 2 years and had overnight stops in Oakey,Crows Nest & Highfields.
There is some nice riding to the west of T/BA but quite hilly near the edge of the Downs.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

by BNA » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

BNA

Postby vonhazza » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

vonhazza wrote:Hi all,
anyone interested in getting together for a bent group ride at the Brisbane to Goldcoast meet in front of the Neapalese Temple next to river at south bank before the start,

Any Starters put your name on this post.

Steve,
Cruzbike,

Hi all after trying to get others to join the ride I thought I had better enter myself so I've dusted off the visa and done the deed.

here's the link http://www.bq.org.au/b2gc100/ see you there Sunday October 12th at southbank.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby Jonathan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 am

Thanks for the welcome.
Yep, I love my trike. 'Precious' is her name. I generally do about 20 k per day here and there but Toowoomba is not particularly bike friendly, in my experience. And you are either going uphill at 6kph or down the other side at 60! Good for fine tuning the engine, in my case 50 y.o. and in need of some panel beating.
I was considering the Gold Coast run ... but will have to see what my schedule says ... she generally says quite a lot.
Cheers
Jonathan
Jonathan

Postby vonhazza » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:29 am

Jonathan wrote:Thanks for the welcome.
Yep, I love my trike. 'Precious' is her name. I generally do about 20 k per day here and there but Toowoomba is not particularly bike friendly, in my experience. And you are either going uphill at 6kph or down the other side at 60! Good for fine tuning the engine, in my case 50 y.o. and in need of some panel beating.
I was considering the Gold Coast run ... but will have to see what my schedule says ... she generally says quite a lot.
Cheers
Jonathan

The closest my bike has to a name is being refered to as the Beast, I ride on average 20k during the week but thats about every 2nd day, on the weekend usually a 50k plus ride.
I see we have the same vintage engines and my bodywork could do with some downsizing.
At the moment I have a small network of country roads out here on the edge of Brisbane but that is due to change with the area marked for residentual development.
Having said that I should get out and enjoy it while I can
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Count me in to Steve.

Cheers

PP44

Steve
PEDALPOWER44

Postby vonhazza » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 pm

PEDALPOWER44 wrote:Count me in to Steve.

Cheers

PP44

Steve

Excellent. :D
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby Uba Tracker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:00 pm

PEDALPOWER44 wrote:Count me in to Steve.

Cheers

PP44

Steve

Fantastic, see you there champ.

H
A bad day's riding beats a good day's work everytime
Uba Tracker

Postby Uba Tracker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Jonathan wrote:Hi guys, just thought I would let you know there is another 'bent in Toowoomba, me!

I ride a Trice QNT from FF in Canberra (of course) and commute a bit in 'Woombieland, but carefully, ... the drivers here can see white lines on the road, but not anything else!!!

We plan to move to Canberra before the end of the year though, so I guess I am a temporary resident here.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathon, hey welcome to the fiveum, great to see that there is another fringe dweller in Woomba Woomba. Yes only having ONE EYE does mean that the drivers here have difficulty with depth perception, I don't know about you but I reckon the young tradies here are the biggest threat. You know the type, Hilux or Triton ute, builders trailer and the back chock full of stuff plus the obligatory dog trying to see how quick they can blast through a roundabout whilst guzzling an iced coffee at 6:00 in the morning. Anyway might see you out one day, we're over Centenary Hts way.

cheers

Harry
Uba Tracker

Postby Jonathan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:54 pm

Gidday Uba

Small world, we are near the bird habitat!

I usually leave for work at 5.15 am, so all I get to see are BIG HEADLIGHTS bearing down on me, then swerving just before I am about to bail out. And yes, they are tradies.

Haven't seen you around, but I suppose the same can be said for you seeing me!

I am looking at buying a set of AyUps for the candle department. DiNottes seem too expensive. But I could be persuaded. I like light. Lots and lots.
Cheers
Jonathan
Jonathan

Postby Uba Tracker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Jonathon, I think I may have seen you one evening up near Geddes St, I spotted a trike with a healthy smattering of blinking LED's adorning the back, does that sound like you?
I checked out the AyUps, they are a mighty fine looking kit, you certainly get your money's worth, I recently bought a NiteRider MiNewt which is great, but buck for buck I reckon the AyUp rig looks better. :wink:

cheers

Harry
Uba Tracker

Postby Jonathan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 pm

I think I might be guilty of a bit of a thread hijack here! Oh, well.
:lol:

I was tracked (or was that stalked?) by Uba Tracker today on my commute at 5.15am. Nice to meet you, Harry. Sorry I didn't stop and we had to talk while we cruised ... I get a bit single minded sometimes, and I thought I was going to be late for work. Dumb.

Yeah, I think I will get the AyUps, compact, light weight and well built, not to mention Australian made, specifically Brisbane. I was looking into building some myself, I tend to do that from time to time, but the all up cost was similar for what I had planned. And I don't have much spare time at the 'mo. And the AyUps look much better than a homebuild.

Beware everyone, Uba may pounce when you least expect.

He lurks in the shadows!

Cheers
Jonathan
Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:52 pm

PS. I now have suitable days off for the Brisvegas - Gold Coast run ... should be a goer for me and my eldest son (but he will be on a mountain bike (Norco Rival). Not the right ambience.

At least I got the thread back on track.

Cheers
Jonathan
Jonathan

Postby Uba Tracker » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Jonathan wrote:I think I might be guilty of a bit of a thread hijack here! Oh, well.
:lol:

I was tracked (or was that stalked?) by Uba Tracker today on my commute at 5.15am. Nice to meet you, Harry. Sorry I didn't stop and we had to talk while we cruised ... I get a bit single minded sometimes, and I thought I was going to be late for work. Dumb.
Beware everyone, Uba may pounce when you least expect.

He lurks in the shadows!

Cheers
Jonathan

"In the shadows to the left."............Which will make absolutely no sense unless you are familiar with Toy Story 2, sorry, a legacy of having kids under eight. Anyway, nice to catch up Jonathon, albeit at 5:15am, still what better way to converse than rolling along. Be great to see you and your lad at the Bris to GC, we're starting to amass quite the following, another friend of mine on a DF from Bris has threatened to join our merry troupe so it's looking good.

cheers

H
Uba Tracker

bris to GC ride

Postby vonhazza » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi thought we should have an update on the Bris to Goldcoast ride.
official start time 5:30 to 6:45.
I thought we should try to gather about 6:00 to 6:15 at the Nepalese Temple which is on the riverwalk directly behind last years start.

Starters so far.

Vonhazza, Cruzbike
Uba Tracker, Lynxx
Griffo 1962, Bentec
Jonathan, Trice QNT
Pedelpower 44, TW Bent.

plus Friends/Partners/Family.

Any thoughts?
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Steve,

Sounds like a plan 6:00am-6:15am suits me.

Is Denis joining us????

And what plans have you got on this Saturday maybe we can meet up &
go for a ride.

Cheers

Steve :D

(PP44)
PEDALPOWER44

Postby vonhazza » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm

PEDALPOWER44 wrote:Hi Steve,

Sounds like a plan 6:00am-6:15am suits me.

Is Denis joining us????

And what plans have you got on this Saturday maybe we can meet up &
go for a ride.

Cheers

(PP44)

Hi Steve, I'm pretty sure Denis is riding with us but his David son is riding also and planning to take 2 of his kids in a trailer as far as Beenleigh, which might just slow him down to our speed, last year David left us for dust but had our food waiting for us at the rest stops.

I should be ready for a ride Saturday, I had stripped my front front suspention down Monday then over tightened a bolt and broke one of the drop outs (choice words were used), picked up a 2nd hand fork from Bicycle Revolution at West End today and will (carefully) attempt to fit tommorow.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:45 am

Hi Steve,

Hope you sort it out if you need a hand let me know.

Bicycle revolution Is just up the road from where I work, I think you can just about get anything there???

Good to hear Denis is coming & his son also I'm sure I won't be setting any speed records thats for sure. :oops:

As for the ride this Saturday let me know where & when I'll work in with you.

Cheers

(PP44)
PEDALPOWER44

Postby vonhazza » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 pm

PEDALPOWER44 wrote:Hi Steve,

Hope you sort it out if you need a hand let me know.

Bicycle revolution Is just up the road from where I work, I think you can just about get anything there???

Good to hear Denis is coming & his son also I'm sure I won't be setting any speed records thats for sure. :oops:

As for the ride this Saturday let me know where & when I'll work in with you.

Cheers

(PP44)

Huston we have a problem.
Got my nice new 2nd hand fork fitted on the bike but when I went to put the wheel on found the fork is for a 24" wheel not a 26"(sh#(AT) B@#ger)
So must keep looking for 26" fork with 1" threaded steerer tube. :oops: :? :shock:
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:59 pm

As Homer would say DOH!!!!!! :oops:

I contacted BR and they told me they had heaps of 26" forks laying around, the guy in the workshop said to bring the old fork in and have a scout around for one.

If you need anymore help let me know.

Cheers

(PP44)
PEDALPOWER44

Postby vonhazza » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:14 pm

PEDALPOWER44 wrote:As Homer would say DOH!!!!!! :oops:

I contacted BR and they told me they had heaps of 26" forks laying around, the guy in the workshop said to bring the old fork in and have a scout around for one.

If you need anymore help let me know.

Cheers

(PP44)

Thanks Steve,
When I went to BR they only had 2 suspension forks that I could see, one I bought and the other was seized.
They had lots of rigid forks but the FWD works better with suspension.
I'll give them a call in the morning.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby vonhazza » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Finally got to ride with another bent in Brisbane, met up with Steve Pedalpower 44 for a good ride out through Slacks Creek, Waterford & Marsden.
We let Denis come with us on his DF but told him he could'nt be in the pictures until he gets a proper bike.

[img][img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/vonhazza/marsdenloop029.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby vonhazza » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi all had a good ride with denis & stevePP44 down part of the Bris to GC route then through Beenleigh and back through Waterford.
I felt a bit used today Steve & Denis left me out in front, pathfinder they called it but I think I was put there as Magpie bait.
Only 1 maggie today did'nt even come close must have been a jnr.

Only 2 weeks to go for Bris to Gold Coast are we ready?

Denis desperate to be included in pictures of bents.

StevePP44 arrives for the ride.

Steve & Denis hanging back waiting for the magpies to get me.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Had a great ride today Steve & Denis & your right Steve Denis & me did hang back a bit to see the dive bombing spectacular :wink: once again thanks for the time that we spend together riding it was another great ride I would not have done it on my own you guys are like the (Leyland brothers)

Cheers

(PP44)
PEDALPOWER44

Postby Uba Tracker » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:19 pm

G'day boys, sounds like you had a great ride, how many k's did you rack up today?

cheers

Harry
Uba Tracker

Postby vonhazza » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Uba Tracker wrote:G'day boys, sounds like you had a great ride, how many k's did you rack up today?

cheers

Harry

Hi Harry it was a good ride with of course a coffee pit stop, I racked up an even 50k with StevePP44 & Denis about 40k as I had further to ride to our meet up point.
Next week end last chance for a long ride before the big one, I just have to fit it around my anniversary next Saturday.
good to hear from you look forward to meeting you in 2 weeks.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

PreviousNext

Return to Recumbents