Gathering of Bents Brisbane?

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Postby vonhazza » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:23 pm

william wrote:Hi Guys,

Have you had any issues relating to recumbent bikes and where you should start as with the Bike Victorian promoters of Around The Bay?
(Recumbents should start from rear).

William.

Hi William have been reading about your issues down there but no problems here just nominate your avg speed and off you go. (as it should be)

An issue I find disturbing in ATB is most recumbent riders would be very experienced and starting at the back means having to pass all the least experienced riders which is making a dangerous situation.
Makes it seem more like a handicap race.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

by BNA » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:57 pm

BNA

Postby vonhazza » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:57 pm

PEDALPOWER44 wrote:Hi Griffo,

I am sure we will all meet up somewhere along the route??

I guess that if we meet infront of the( Nepalese pagoda) we could all sort of start together you guys could start in the blue group & I will start " well you know" in the green group :shock:

(Steve Vonhazza) did mention this as a starting point some time back which I feel is a great place to meet before the start.

Griffo do you know where the pagoda is?????

Cheers

Steve :D

(PP44)

I think all this worry of speed groups and colours is a non issue,
As far as I am aware the numbers are all black on a white back ground and all the wrist straps are green.
The colours are just a reference to start areas, so all we need to do is meet up before the start and line up together.
Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Yeah your right Steve lets all just have a great day.

Now let me think!!!

Will I go with the red group,amber group,blue group or green group on Sunday :P

Only teasing :lol:

Cheers

Steve

(PP44)
PEDALPOWER44

Postby Uba Tracker » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi to the Steve (PP44), Steve (Vonhazza), Griffo, Deb and Dennis, I must say it was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you all and only bettered by the outstanding company you provided on today's B2GC ride. Full credit must go to the organisers, the army of volunteers and the Qld Police Service who collectively provided a safe, fun and very rewarding ride Thanks to you all and I hope to catch up with all or any of you for another ride sooner rather than later.

cheers

Harry :D :D
A bad day's riding beats a good day's work everytime
Uba Tracker

Postby Jonathan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Bugger, Bugger, Bugger!

Good to hear it was a good day.

Pictures, lots, and hurry up.

I'm a sick, querrulous old man, rapidly turning bitter and twisted... I haven't ridden for 2 weeks now,

Bah, humbug

Jonathan
Jonathan

Postby griffo1962 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:25 am

Yes, it was great to meet you guys. I must thank all of you for waiting for us at the start so we could go back to our motel for our forgotten stuff. We had a great ride and next year we'll see if we can keep up with you..

griffo
griffo1962

RE B2GC RIDE

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 am

I second that Harry, thanks for your kind words it was a pleasure to ride with such a nice group of people.

As for the organisers they make the event run so smoothly who could ask for more.

And I also must thank you all for waiting up along the way for when I was dragging the chain.

Cheers

Steve :D

(PP44)
PEDALPOWER44

Postby vonhazza » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi guys it was fantastic to meet you all, I had a great day despite 1 dead tyre and mirror.
Sorry I was not able to socialize at the end, Denis & I got our Bus tickets for the trip back to Brisbane only to find out it was leaving in 15 mins.
I had intended to take more pic's and grab a burger and sit on somthing that was'nt moving.
I thought the orgainization was exellent and the start was much improved over last year.
look forward to next year.

Steve Cruzbike FWD.
vonhazza

Postby william » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 am

Fantastic to see the photos Steve.
Its good to get the bent riders together for such an event.

William.
william

Postby John Lewis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Sounds like a great day had by all. Lucky buggers.

Great to see the bent pictures. Might I ask what the yellow bike is in the first two pics? It looks a lot like my Bentech. Probably because it too is yellow. So I'm curious.

John Lewis
John Lewis

Bentech

Postby griffo1962 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 pm

John Lewis wrote:Sounds like a great day had by all. Lucky buggers.

Great to see the bent pictures. Might I ask what the yellow bike is in the first two pics? It looks a lot like my Bentech. Probably because it too is yellow. So I'm curious.

John Lewis

John

It is a Bentech. I built it up 3yrs ago from a raw frame kit I bought from Dom. I didn't have faith in my brazing skills to make the whole frame at that point so I cheated. I did a lot a finishing off (braze ons etc) and then a yr later had it powder coated. (it was supposed to be orange, that'll teach me to wear my sunglasses to choose paint colours.....) I have read most of your posts on the bentech list and seen the photos you posted. Mine has very twitchy handling, is yours the same? :roll:

Paul
griffo1962

Re: Bentech

Postby John Lewis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 pm

griffo1962 wrote:
John

It is a Bentech. I built it up 3yrs ago from a raw frame kit I bought from Dom. ....... Mine has very twitchy handling, is yours the same?

Paul

Yes mine is fairly twitchy but not too bad now I'm used to it. I think they could do with a bit more trail. It's good at speed though and no twitch problem then. I have to be careful with the rear brake. If I skid it it becomes very hairy.

I'm making a Euromesh clone seat for mine and lowering the seat a bit too as its currently a bit high for my short legs.

John Lewis
John Lewis

Postby griffo1962 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:03 pm

[/quote]

I'm making a Euromesh clone seat for mine and lowering the seat a bit too as its currently a bit high for my short legs.

John Lewis[/quote]

I lowered my seat by redrilling the mounting holes. It's about 40mm lower than std. I would now actually like to raise it back up but I need to remake the rear struts which I cut down. What does the Euromesh look like?

Paul
griffo1962

Postby John Lewis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 pm

griffo1962 wrote:

John Lewis[/quote]

I lowered my seat by redrilling the mounting holes. It's about 40mm lower than std. I would now actually like to raise it back up but I need to remake the rear struts which I cut down. What does the Euromesh look like?

Paul[/quote]

This is a Euromesh clone I made for a trike. It has an aircon foam pad over the mesh but is quite comfortable without it.

John Lewis

John Lewis

Postby griffo1962 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:15 pm

very nice looking seat. It takes the same idea as my bentech that bit further. On a 2 wheeler does the front rail get in the way of putting your feet down?
griffo1962

Postby John Lewis » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:12 pm

griffo1962 wrote:very nice looking seat. It takes the same idea as my bentech that bit further. On a 2 wheeler does the front rail get in the way of putting your feet down?

Haven't tried it on SWB yet but its fine on the LWB so I see no problem.

It's the same seat I used on my Bentech and LWB. All I did was to make it a lot narrower and turn the top and bottom in towards the centre and join them.

John Lewis
John Lewis

Previous

Return to Recumbents