Magnetic Home Trainer

harrmarrsuperstar

Magnetic Home Trainer

Postby harrmarrsuperstar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:33 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have already read some fantastic posts. As a Dad to a young family, I'm finding it difficult to get out on my bike - an Orang P7 MTB - in the evenings. I'm looking at purchasing a magnetic home trainer, but don't know which one to buy. Also, I believe I'd need slicks to use the trainer. Anyone got any advice on which model of trainer to buy and whther slicks are definitely needed for its operation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

NotTim

Re: Magnetic Home Trainer

Postby NotTim » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:15 pm

harrmarrsuperstar wrote:Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have already read some fantastic posts. As a Dad to a young family, I'm finding it difficult to get out on my bike - an Orang P7 MTB - in the evenings. I'm looking at purchasing a magnetic home trainer, but don't know which one to buy. Also, I believe I'd need slicks to use the trainer. Anyone got any advice on which model of trainer to buy and whther slicks are definitely needed for its operation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
I can't offer a huge amount of advice on which trainer to get, but I've just ordered a Tacx Satori from c r c, I looked at the $89 ones that T7 and annaconda are selling, but I decided I'd be better off spending a bit more and getting a good one.

If you're using one that works on the tyre then yeah you will need slicks, at least I wouldn't imagine they'd work very well with knobbies. There are some that press onto the rim rather then the tyres, but I'm not sure how well they work.