Best way to lock and secure your bent trike

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Best way to lock and secure your bent trike

Postby gudism » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 am

Hi all
Looking for people's opinion on the best way to lock and secure your bent trike?
I have a U lock type bicycle lock, with about 3 feet of looped cable that I used on a upright delta trike, however it all seems a little different on a bent tadpole....
Thanks
Craig
gudism

by BNA » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm

BNA

Re: Best way to lock and secure your bent trike

Postby missinglink » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm

I normally just use a U Lock through one of the front wheels and around a suitable thin pole if available at my destination. If there is no suitable thin pole then I use the U Lock through the one of the front wheels and the king pin to prevent wheel rotation, as well as a steel cable / padlock combination with the cable around a lamp post (or similar) and through one of the front wheels and around the frame.

If I’m just popping into the shops for a sec I will just park in the middle of a car park with the U Lock through the front wheel. This stops an opportunist from just riding off on the trike. The trike is not secured to a fixed object, but a potential thief would have to have a ute/trailer/truck to put it into.
missinglink

Postby Mbike23 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:01 am

I use a U lock with a cable which loops that go on the u lock. I place the u lock thru the back wheel and frame work/carrier then pass the cable around suitable pole.
Mbike23

Postby gudism » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks guys for your input
gudism

Return to Recumbents