Microshift bar end shifters for MTB derailleurs

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Microshift bar end shifters for MTB derailleurs

Postby OldBloke » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 pm

I thought there might be someone who is interested in a few thoughts on these new shifters. I managed to get hold of the new Microshift BS-M10 bar end shifters for our two trikes and have been using them for a few weeks now. The trikes are fitted with a Deore RD-M593 rear derailleur and a 10 speed 11-36T cassette. The BS-M10 shifters have the longer pull that is required for a MTB RD. The shifters seem to me to work well, but note that I am new to trikes and to bar end shifters. I get clean shifts up and down and the indexing appears to be spot on.

If anyone is interested the product announcement from March is here: http://www.taipeicycle.com.tw/en_US/pro ... 4AF4DCF427 . Microshift also have some info here: http://www.microshift.com.tw/BS-M10.html

Cheers
OB
OldBloke

by BNA » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 pm

BNA

Re: Microshift bar end shifters for MTB derailleurs

Postby find_bruce » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Any indications as to price ? I was quite interested in the thumbies until I saw how much they wanted for them
find_bruce

Re: Microshift bar end shifters for MTB derailleurs

Postby OldBloke » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 am

Sorry, I don't know what the price is. I've seen the road bike version for a bit over the $70-$75 mark on Ebay so I'd think the MTB version should be similar.

OB

Sent from my Windows 8 Phone using Tapatalk
OldBloke

Return to Recumbents