Performer Trike X hardcore steering pull

Arakasy

Performer Trike X hardcore steering pull

Postby Arakasy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:55 am

Hi guys, so I'm busy trying to tweak dads trike X... The damn thing pulls to the right really badly. (Could incorrect toe in do this ?)
Have re seated the front disc brakes, (front right was rubbing), back wheel/frame looks dead straight. The outrigger is nice and straight at the bolts... We are about to completely remove the whole front end and rebuild it.lol 2nd time might be the charm.
Don't Panic
And I don't know
Ride casual... Not to casual
They might snap out it's comfortable !!

OldBloke

Re: Performer Trike X hardcore steering pull

Postby OldBloke » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:43 am

Could do. Can you measure the distance from the left and right rims to the frame and check that they are equal? You made need to use a couple of straps to hold the handle bar at right angles to the frame.
Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Arakasy

Postby Arakasy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:37 am

Due to angle of frame and camber it starts to measure camber which totally destroys accurate measurement for toe in. We pulled it apart and just tried this and now the right wheel as epic toe (uck knows)

We are about to bring the damn thing inside and put the middle of the trike down a tile line... Then we might have better luck... Or something.
Don't Panic
And I don't know

Arakasy

Postby Arakasy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Ok so I sorta lost my patience with the whole accurate measurement thing and strapped the Handelbar in place... Removed problem tie rod...held good tyre in place with bricks... Forced the problem wheel into place (using the ahh Phuket that's looking good technique), screwed the end of the tie rod out till it would sit in the right spot, locked down the nuts and guess what.

ITS WORKING. :P 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

Upon closer inspection we believe that the Performer tie rods are randomish and I don't know.
Don't Panic
And I don't know

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Arakasy wrote: ITS WORKING. :P 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

Upon closer inspection we believe that the Performer tie rods are randomish and I don't know.
Ah, very good that its working.

I have tried to convince Performer that their tie rods haven't been manufactured properly. Both ends are RH threaded. One end should be RH and the other LH threaded but they just don't seem to get it. :(