Open Cell Seat Pad

PEDALPOWER44

Open Cell Seat Pad

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi all, well having the new bent for 2 weeks the first thing I will be changing is the standard seat pad for a open cell seat pad the former is just like sitting on the concrete with a plank of wood for the back in other words it's HORRIBLE :x I have contacted Ian from Flying Furniture to see if he can supply the OCSP has anyone else had any experience with the OCSP???

Cheers

PP44

Steve

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Drop into your nearest commercial air conditioner supplier and ask for some 1.5" or 2" filter foam. That's what they mainly use.

You can also get it from aquarium suppliers.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

PEDALPOWER44

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks Graeme,I believe that the OCSP price is around $70.00 from Flying Furniture I will have to investigate a bit more I think :D

Cheers

PP44

Steve

Uba Tracker

Postby Uba Tracker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi Steve, it might be worthwhile seeing what Clark Rubber has to offer if other avenues fail, I'm almost certain they have a comparitive product.

cheers

Harry
A bad day's riding beats a good day's work everytime

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:59 am

Might be a bit late to help the OP but this article appeared on the Velovision
(velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=755) website a few years ago, helps explain that not all OCSP are suitable. Basically airconditioning foam tends to crush under body weight and therefore loses breathability. Some foams also do not come back to shape well after being sat on a few times. So check for these qualities when shopping.

The supplier is Dutch Speed Bicycle (dutchbikes.nl/uk) and they appear to still sell the stuff, for about 21 Euros (thats the EC currency, not the little furry marsupial).

I would think that Ian at Flying Furniture is selling is foam from one of the recumbent manufacturers he imports from, such as M5 or Bacchetta, not some general hardware supplier.