Catrike bearings

}SkOrPn--7

Catrike bearings

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:16 am

Catrike have a Teflon bearing in the top of there head tubes now my question for those in the know is it really just a bushing made of Teflon or is it a real bearing made from Teflon? Mine is being made so I have no way to Check myself until it arrives at my door. My next question is can that Teflon bearing be replaced with a real bearing and I believe they use FSA zero stack. Does anyone know why they use a Teflon bearing?

Ricky

geebee

Re: Catrike bearings

Postby geebee » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Catrike have a Teflon bearing in the top of there head tubes now my question for those in the know is it really just a bushing made of Teflon or is it a real bearing made from Teflon? Mine is being made so I have no way to Check myself until it arrives at my door. My next question is can that Teflon bearing be replaced with a real bearing and I believe they use FSA zero stack. Does anyone know why they use a Teflon bearing?

Ricky
I recall when they first went to the teflon bushing it was in response to a large number of reports of front wheel shimmy, the slight drag of the bushing dampened it out.
If you do a search on http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you should be able to find the extensive discussions and I think pictures as well.

}SkOrPn--7

Re: Catrike bearings

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks GB so it is a bushing not a bearing in the sense that you and I would call a bearing.... I will do some digging

Ricky