Recumbent eBay Thread

Aushiker

Recumbent eBay Thread

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:08 pm

In the touring section there is a touring ebay thread where details of tourings for sale on ebay etc are posted. I thought something similar might be handy here as (a) I am selling my Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT :) and (b) it is interesting to see what is around the place and what they are selling for. Please do add your contributions if interested.

Bacchetta Giro 26 - New South Wales - $1,800

Andrew

rangersac

Re: Recumbent eBay Thread

Postby rangersac » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:33 am

The everything but the kitchen sink bent can be found here.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:15 am

Greenspeed - $510 at the moment - Sydney

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:52 pm

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Surely good value
Even if it needs a lot of work.

Cheers,

Cameron

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:21 pm

So cheap that it can't afford a name. Anyone know what brand/model that is?

Edit: Had a think about it, might be a Vision R40 from the '90's. The one for sale is underseat steering but they can convert to above-seat, from SWB to LWB as well.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:37 am

Here's one, the MR1 made by MR Components and using a Greenspeed frame. Just a little unfortunate that the seller is advertising it as a Greenspeed and not MR trike.
That's a big battery on the back. Looks like 4 lights off old video cameras bolted around the frame.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:49 am

ironhanglider wrote:Surely good value
Even if it needs a lot of work.

Cheers,

Cameron
I want another $100 off for the misspelling of recumbent...

This one's a tempting prospect. I'm currently bent-less after selling my barely used Performer.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Here's a bargain Greenspeed trike from the mid-naugthies, for only $450. With the money you save you could grow a decent beard or aerogut to complement the new purchase.

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

The Mars Rover of Recumbent Trikes!!

$8,900.00 Negotiable
Replacement value $16,960

How can you spend 16 grand on a recumbent?

Custom colour / High seat / Head rest / Rohloff 500 drive train / 3 speed bottom bracket / Chain ring protector / Park brake / Full SON dynohub with 2 x lights / 2nd hub for charging iphone etc / rear rack / full mud guards / clippless pedals / 2 x mirrors / Wind wrap / 2 x ORTLIBEB side bags / 2 x ORTLIBEB handle bar bags / map holders / Custom alloy trailer / Sun shade.

:mrgreen:
Go!Run!GAH!

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 pm

rare that something like this makes it to australian shores and reasonably priced too

Tandum Pino Tour
$1,900.00
(new around $5000)
Go!Run!GAH!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:18 pm

I have put my LoGo [Lightning] P-38 on the market. Details in the member market place.

Andrew

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Mon May 04, 2015 3:29 am

Cheesewheel wrote:Image
The Mars Rover of Recumbent Trikes!!
$8,900.00 Negotiable
It is interesting that the guy selling this has started to try to sell bits off it (one of the Ortlieb handlebar bags and the set of Ortlieb recumbent panniers) though still at top dollar for those bits and no adjustment to the original ad. Keep watching, things may get cheaper especially as he's been trying to sell the trike since September.

That sunshade, I want it.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Mon May 04, 2015 11:51 pm

An interesting trike has just popped up on OzHPV for sale: A Greenspeed racing trike.
I tried a Greenspeed racing trike at the HPV Challenge in Canberra in '98, back then this model didn't have the crossed steering rods that give the centerpoint ackerman steering that Greenspeed was so famous for getting right with their trikes, in fact if you steered too hard in either direction one of the front tyres would rub on your knuckles. And you'd be off the road in a blink. There was a brake lever only on the left hand, the right was steering and required concentration but once you got it worked out that trike could go, really lightweight frame, fast wheels, no bells and whistles, very very low to the ground, very unroadworthy. One speedhump and the ride ends.

That was a race trike. In 1999 Greenspeed teamed with Ian Humphries (of Flying Furniture) to make a more roadworthy and mainstream racing trike, the GLR, tested the trike in Europe and the PBP. You got hub brakes on both front wheels, centrepoint steering, a higher ground clearance, still very low and laid back but something that could survive riding over a carpark speedbump. Not really a race trike, just a fast trike.

What's for sale looks like a GLR but with a twist, Greenspeed has a history of adapting their trikes to disability needs and maybe they've widened the crossmembers to put the wheels a mile apart for stability more than manoeuvrabilty. Looks like a homemade trike that I saw at that '98 HPV Challenge, the wheels were so far apart I called it 'the combine harvester', agricultural. Definitely not a race trike. You'd really need space in the garage for this one, length and width. And forget the fun of lifting a wheel on corners.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:44 pm

This Metaphysic highracer has popped up on Ebay for $1800. It was until recently being advertised on the OzHPV 'for sale' page as a frameset and that's just been changed to the fully built up machine. Pity for anyone looking for a project, he was selling the frameset with extras like a spare fork.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:54 pm

There's a Trisled Rotovelo in blue on the OzHPV 'for sale' page, for $3500 in Melbourne. Anyone want a velomobile?
All this just so that you can use the drive-thru at Maccas.
And a few other interesting beasties for sale.

geebee

Postby geebee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 pm

just4tehhalibut wrote:An interesting trike has just popped up on OzHPV for sale: A Greenspeed racing trike.
I tried a Greenspeed racing trike at the HPV Challenge in Canberra in '98, back then this model didn't have the crossed steering rods that give the centerpoint ackerman steering that Greenspeed was so famous for getting right with their trikes, in fact if you steered too hard in either direction one of the front tyres would rub on your knuckles. And you'd be off the road in a blink. There was a brake lever only on the left hand, the right was steering and required concentration but once you got it worked out that trike could go, really lightweight frame, fast wheels, no bells and whistles, very very low to the ground, very unroadworthy. One speedhump and the ride ends.

That was a race trike. In 1999 Greenspeed teamed with Ian Humphries (of Flying Furniture) to make a more roadworthy and mainstream racing trike, the GLR, tested the trike in Europe and the PBP. You got hub brakes on both front wheels, centrepoint steering, a higher ground clearance, still very low and laid back but something that could survive riding over a carpark speedbump. Not really a race trike, just a fast trike.

What's for sale looks like a GLR but with a twist, Greenspeed has a history of adapting their trikes to disability needs and maybe they've widened the crossmembers to put the wheels a mile apart for stability more than manoeuvrabilty. Looks like a homemade trike that I saw at that '98 HPV Challenge, the wheels were so far apart I called it 'the combine harvester', agricultural. Definitely not a race trike. You'd really need space in the garage for this one, length and width. And forget the fun of lifting a wheel on corners.
I dont think much of it is a GLR, I ride one and the seat "maybe" off a GLR, nothing else looks right or close except it has 3 wheels :)
A GLR is a great fun everyday very fast trike, the GLR was designed for audax racing, the GLX was the sports version of it.

"SLR Race trike: We’ve started cutting out
the tubing for a brand new prototype racing
trike. This will be an evolutionary step beyond
the GLR Low Racer. The GTX sports trike has
now taken its place as a more practical and
fast tourer."
http://stevebriggs.netfirms.com/rcn/RCN_084.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Testing386

Postby Testing386 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 pm

just4tehhalibut wrote:There's a Trisled Rotovelo in blue on the OzHPV 'for sale' page, for $3500 in Melbourne. Anyone want a velomobile?
Wow - that looks the goods! This coming from an ex-Messerschmitt KR200 owner...

No way I would get that investment / purchase / frivolous expenditure through the Finance Ministry :oops:

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Testing386 wrote:
just4tehhalibut wrote:There's a Trisled Rotovelo in blue on the OzHPV 'for sale' page, for $3500 in Melbourne. Anyone want a velomobile?

No way I would get that investment / purchase / frivolous expenditure through the Finance Ministry :oops:
I do!! I do!!..... it's mine..... get your grubby hands off it!! :mrgreen:

But I'll need a crowd funding page to buy it :cry: Anyone got a few spare $$$$$$????

Still waiting for the results of my Civil action against the drunk driver that hit me 'n wrote off The Green Rocket....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

One day I'll get to fundraise for Legacy again....Darwin to Hobart, planning underway.....just need the Rocket replaced.... :| :|
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2
Rotovelo Across Australia

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:39 am

Testing386 wrote:

SOLD :cry: :cry:
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2

burnt

Postby burnt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Headed for Brisbane-that will be about 8 velos now- Australia's Velomobile Capital!

We just need the infrastructure to catch up :(

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:14 pm

burnt wrote:Headed for Brisbane-that will be about 8 velos now- Australia's Velomobile Capital!

*grumble**grumble**grumble*.....Damn Queenslanders... :evil: . I'm getting lonelier & lonelier here in Sydney :( .... especially as mine is still in the morgue :cry: :cry:
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2

petie

Postby petie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:56 pm

burnt wrote:Headed for Brisbane-that will be about 8 velos now- Australia's Velomobile Capital!

It's quite an interesting phenomenon from my perspective. All those people that don't know, would say a velo in Brisbane weather would be too hot/heavy/whatever. But they are breeding like rabbits [emoji1] [emoji195]

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:12 am

petie wrote:

It's quite an interesting phenomenon from my perspective. All those people that don't know, would say a velo in Brisbane weather would be too hot/heavy/whatever. But they are breeding like rabbits [emoji1] [emoji195]
Yep.... that's got me stumped too. :?
..I've done a couple of Velo summers,& it's as humid as blazes in Sydney over summer.... you've gotta be nuts to ride one in Qld

but then again.... Velo riders are " 'bent " :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2