Demise of the Green Rocket

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:03 am

To quote the newsreel footage of the destruction of the Hindenberg,,,,,

"oh the Humanity!" :cry:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=83043
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 pm

recumbenteer wrote:To quote the newsreel footage of the destruction of the Hindenberg,,,,,

"oh the Humanity!" :cry:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=83043


Current update at the link above
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Mon May 25, 2015 9:06 pm

recumbenteer wrote:
recumbenteer wrote:To quote the newsreel footage of the destruction of the Hindenberg,,,,,

"oh the Humanity!" :cry:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=83043


Current update at the link above



Bump..... for the latest
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:18 pm

recumbenteer wrote:
recumbenteer wrote:
recumbenteer wrote:To quote the newsreel footage of the destruction of the Hindenberg,,,,,

"oh the Humanity!" :cry:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=83043


Current update at the link above



Bump..... for the latest


...& more of the saga at the above link
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 am

.... reboot!! *sigh*, still going
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:36 am

bump..... but a bit of good news, my baby is coming home after repairs...LOL
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

User avatar
rheicel
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby rheicel » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:34 am

Good news Mark :)
Image

OldBloke
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby OldBloke » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:42 am

Good to hear Mark. What repairs did they have to do?

OB

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:24 pm

OldBloke wrote:Good to hear Mark. What repairs did they have to do?

OB


Replaced with new....

All 3 wheels,
All axles,
Steering king pins etc.,
All cables & outers,
Front & rear derailleurs,
9sp. cassette,
LH tiller assy.

I'm sooo looking forward to piloting it again :mrgreen:

Many thanks to Trisled, & GMK Logisitcs
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

OldBloke
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby OldBloke » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Good as a bought one. Go well.


OB

If I'm wrong blame Tapatalk!

Rhubarb
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby Rhubarb » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Nice to hear :-)

zebee
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:37 am

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby zebee » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:59 am

recumbenteer wrote:
I'm sooo looking forward to piloting it again :mrgreen:

Many thanks to Trisled, & GMK Logisitcs


I bet you are!

How did you repair the shell? Plastic welding?

I guess this means we may see the Rocket on the OzHPV ride on the 12th.

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby recumbenteer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:33 pm

zebee wrote:
recumbenteer wrote:
I'm sooo looking forward to piloting it again :mrgreen:

Many thanks to Trisled, & GMK Logisitcs


I bet you are!

How did you repair the shell? Plastic welding?

I guess this means we may see the Rocket on the OzHPV ride on the 12th.

The shell wasn't too badly damaged. ...Nothing a heat gun & a bit of manipulation could sort out.
Yes. I'll have it out for the OzHPV ride.
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

Arakasy
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 am

Re: Demise of the Green Rocket

Postby Arakasy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:02 am

Glad to hear you and your Green Rocket are back up and running, awesome news on the repair and just think, he should still be getting chased around by a 300 pound nazi gorilla for fun fun for a little while yet. :mrgreen:
Don't Panic
And I don't know
Ride casual... Not to casual
They might snap out it's comfortable !!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]