Brief report on the M5 CHR

Low Racer

Re:Colnago sold

Postby Low Racer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Low Racer wrote:
Freddyflatfoot wrote:When are selling the DF?
Hi Rob,
Looks like I will be offloading the DF. It is a good ride but not my type of ride. I feel unsafe on it and riding in the pack is very unsafe. When I am on my M5, either I hang at the back or jump to the front and let the chase begin. Much more fun and in better control. Several buddies had already offerred to take it off me for the same price I paid. Good huh!! Looking for N+1, maybe a raptobike frameset :lol: or save up for a Trisled Avatar :shock:
Sold the Colnago. Just the M5 for now. Toying with the idea of a velomobile - an Avatar or Glyde??

lemmiwinks

Re: Re:Colnago sold

Postby lemmiwinks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Low Racer wrote:Sold the Colnago. Just the M5 for now. Toying with the idea of a velomobile - an Avatar or Glyde??
I'd really like an Alleweder, they look so cool, kind of like an aircraft cockpit. Though from some angles it looks more like a high heeled shoe :oops:
"...for many people your life is not worth the effort it takes to pay attention or the extra few seconds they may need to wait before they can safely get around you."-BikeSnobNYC

Low Racer

Alleweder

Postby Low Racer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm

lemmiwinks wrote:I'd really like an Alleweder, they look so cool, kind of like an aircraft cockpit. Though from some angles it looks more like a high heeled shoe :oops:
The Alleweder can be ordered as a kit which is very appealing. It's a design either you like it or don't. I find the new model's rear end a tad ugly. More practical perhap i.e. easier to change the rear tyre than partially enclosed old model.

Gregory_carroll

Re: Brief report on the M5 CHR

Postby Gregory_carroll » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm

I'd go for the Avatar......very nice looking bit of kit up close. I reckon it'd go pretty quick too!
Lovin the Challenge!!

Low Racer

Postby Low Racer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 pm

Gregory_carroll wrote:I'd go for the Avatar......very nice looking bit of kit up close. I reckon it'd go pretty quick too!
You have seen one in flesh, Greg? The monocoque body looks great on Trisled website. I bet it would be very fiddly to fix a punctured tyre. I would love to test ride one and see how it handles. The only gripe I have with the Avatar is the not so generous ground clearance compare to other VM.

Gregory_carroll

Postby Gregory_carroll » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:03 am

Hi Lowracer,

I've seen it a couple of times, I reckon I could probably have had a go in it, but it was pretty new at the time and putting a scratch in it would have been more than my life was worth. I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing a tyre, they manage to do it fairly quickly when racing, but it could be pretty fiddly. The body is great, its made out of kevlar composite I think and its pretty light and a bit bendy (which I reckon is better than the straight fiberglass which always seems a bit brittle to me). The last time I saw it it had cool little indicators on. I think Ben is working on the ground clearance, but its not likely to aver be as good as the alweder though, pros and cons I suppose. If you ever find your way down to Melbourne the Trisled race team often train on a weekend and have a load of velos out around their local track.....its pretty cool to watch.

Take it easy

Greg
(If I ever get a go, I'll give a proper report)
Lovin the Challenge!!