An Azub for my aching joints...

RonK

An Azub for my aching joints...

Postby RonK » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:21 pm

I've never had more than a passing interest in recumbents, and particularly in recumbent trikes. The low seating position and apparently poor visibility to motorists has always been a concern to me. As has the overall bulk and weight, from the touring perspective. I've run a beady eye over various HP Velotechnik offerings in the past but they were never really a serious consideration.

Then I saw the new Azub Ti-Fly. Fold-able and separable frame, 20/20/26 or 20/20/20 inch wheels, fully-suspended - a multitude of transmission options including Pinion, Syntace X12 through axle to stiffen up the rear end, a more upright, visible seating position, optional hydraulic disc brakes, dynamo hub - you name it.

And the build quality must be seen to be believed, the whole thing reeks of quality.

I think I love it...

You would expect a severe case of sticker shock for a machine of this calibre, but it is not quite as bad as I had anticipated. The most expensive version (with Pinion transmission) starts at €6000. Not cheap, but you are getting a lot for your money. You can see the price list here.

Bentrider review here.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...