Recumbent Trike Hire?

WMoss

Recumbent Trike Hire?

Postby WMoss » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:49 am

Hi everyone.

At fifty years of age, completely unfit and with some back issues, I'm thinking of a recumbent trike for some fitness and adventure. But with a new trike being a considerable investment for me, I was hoping to rent or hire one for a couple of weeks to gauge whether it's suitable for my needs and how my back might respond to the seated position for extended periods.

Could anyone advise me as to where I could possibly rent a trike for a couple of weeks?

Thanks so much to anyone who might be able to offer any advice.

Wayne

}SkOrPn--7

Re: Recumbent Trike Hire?

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:08 am

What's your location?

Ricky

WMoss

Postby WMoss » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:49 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:What's your location?

Ricky
Ha, a rather important bit of information, sorry.

I'm in Perth.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Garland Cycleworks
18/87 Canning Hwy.,
SOUTH PERTH 6151
Ph - (08) 9470 1990
Fax - (08) 9472 1819
shop@garlandcycleworks.com.au garlandcycleworks.com.au
Contact - Nick Garland

Not sure about hire but they might be able to help out Wayne or put you in touch with someone who could help there a agent for Greenspeed.

Cheers Ricky

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Just a thought Wayne if you can't find someone maybe as a last resort a gym that has recumbent exercise bikes there not the same really for feel but might give you an idea knowing that a true recumbent bike is more comfortable.

Ricky

WMoss

Postby WMoss » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:07 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Garland Cycleworks
18/87 Canning Hwy.,
SOUTH PERTH 6151
Ph - (08) 9470 1990
Fax - (08) 9472 1819
Contact - Nick Garland

Not sure about hire but they might be able to help out Wayne or put you in touch with someone who could help there a agent for Greenspeed.

Cheers Ricky
}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Just a thought Wayne if you can't find someone maybe as a last resort a gym that has recumbent exercise bikes there not the same really for feel but might give you an idea knowing that a true recumbent bike is more comfortable.

Ricky
Thanks Ricky. I'm actually considering a Greenspeed Magnum due to its adjustable seat, among other things, so Nick might be on the cards for a visit this week.

The gym idea is a good one as well, I hadn't thought of it.

Thanks again.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:27 pm

WMoss wrote:
}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Garland Cycleworks
18/87 Canning Hwy.,
SOUTH PERTH 6151
Ph - (08) 9470 1990
Fax - (08) 9472 1819
Contact - Nick Garland

Cheers Ricky
}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Just a thought Wayne if you can't find someone maybe as a last resort a gym that has recumbent exercise bikes there not the same really for feel but might give you an idea knowing that a true recumbent bike is more comfortable.

Ricky
Thanks Ricky. I'm actually considering a Greenspeed Magnum due to its adjustable seat, among other things, so Nick might be on the cards for a visit this week.

The gym idea is a good one as well, I hadn't thought of it.

Thanks again.
Your welcome Wayne and as another idea http://recumbent.net.au has many recumbent brands in stock and Craig is a great guy. Since you want to test ride by renting which maybe difficult to do maybe telephone Craig and make a weekend flight to Sydney and see him at least you could test ride different brands as well as test out the various seats. Small price of an airfare and accommodation may give you your answers if Nick Garland can't satisfied all your needs.

http://recumbent.net.au

I too have a knackered back and recumbents have given me more freedom with riding and allowed me to continue touring. Where a fit wasn't perfect I have been able to make and adjust things to better suit my needs that is one thing recumbents are better for than a standard diamond frame bike so I think what ever trike you choose more than likely you will be back on the saddle enjoying your time pretty much pain free. There are so many things to do to a trike to make it fit you plus options and accessories to better aid your condition.

Best of all there is plenty of help and folks willing to share hear at BNA.

Ricky