Brand new to this!

For Australian Cyclists travelling and touring OS

Brand new to this!

Postby Zane » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

My name is Zane, I am 19 years old and hail from Tasmania. For the past few years it has been my dream to jump on a bike and ride around Europe for a few years. My plan is to do this in a few years time. So, as stated in the subject of this thread, I am brand new to bicycle touring. I have road around a bit of Tassie with a backpack, camping here and there, but I am aiming big. I am an outdoors guy, love bushwalking and cycling in general. I guess my reason for signing up to this forum is to get an idea of the best brands out there for the kind of touring I want to do. To start off with, I'm really looking into bike and pannier brands.

I'm very open to suggestions and am really looking forward to making my dream turn to a reality. Any advice or help would be great! Thank you!
Zane

by BNA » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 pm

BNA

Re: Brand new to this!

Postby RonK » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Zane wrote:I'm very open to suggestions and am really looking forward to making my dream turn to a reality. Any advice or help would be great! Thank you!

Hi Zane - we have been having this very discussion on the Touring Australia forum. There is much to be gleaned from a reading of some of the recent threads, which have covered bikes, tents, cooking and camping gear, first aid kits and the like.

Tassie is a great place to tour - you may find useful information in my Giro Tasmania journal.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Return to Touring Overseas