Aussie at Giro d'Italia (Tarvisio)

For Australian Cyclists travelling and touring OS

Aussie at Giro d'Italia (Tarvisio)

Postby baghwan » Thu May 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Met another Aussie in Tarvisio yesterday while touring Italy, he told me he cycles most of the grand tour stages, gave me some advise and information on his website to look up. Problem has I completely forgot most of it, I was mostly distracted by the the Astana camp across the road, no view of Nibali tho. Was going to meet him again at the start line but I had a 80km day the other way and needed to knock most of that out before the road closed for the Giro. He seemed fairly involved with cycling in Australia so I best thought shouting out here.

Anyhow if you're in Europe and you spot two yellow panniers at the back and black at the front with a green tent on the rack, that's me, happy cycling.

Andre.

baghwan

by BNA » Thu May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

BNA

Re: Aussie at Giro d'Italia (Tarvisio)

Postby Tim » Thu May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Nice bike. :)
Wish I was there.
Tim

Re: Aussie at Giro d'Italia (Tarvisio)

Postby il padrone » Thu May 16, 2013 7:08 pm

We're going to be nowhere near the Giro. Currently in Palermo, soon to depart for Sardegna followed by Corsica. Then we'll be finishing our tour off in Tuscany and Umbria when the TdF commences in Corsica.

We shall keep an eye out for your rig but it sounds like we'll be in different parts of the country.
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Return to Touring Overseas