What would you like to get when you go overseas on bike?

Carlo Pancaldi

What would you like to get when you go overseas on bike?

Postby Carlo Pancaldi » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:06 pm

I need your help.
What would you like to get or know when you go overseas on holiday on your own bike?
I’d like to understand the problems and the expectations you could have when you go on holiday to a country you don’t know.
Which are your thoughts before leaving from your country and when you stay abroad ?
Thank for your help.

AD2015

Re: What would you like to get when you go overseas on bike?

Postby AD2015 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi Carlo,
I'm sorry you haven't got responses on your query, so maybe you need to rephrase it?
Anyway, I suspect the answer is much along the lines of what many Australians seek when travelling overseas in a more adventurous manner, regardless of whether it be on a bike or not (?)
I may be perhaps be wrongly interpreting, but my son has travelled overseas a couple times. His last trip was for several weeks back-packing around Tibet and India on his own. I think it was a lot about;
- escaping the demands of a busy professional/working life in a major Australian city (catching his breath)
- a time to challenge himself (throw himself into an unfamiliar environment) and also allow himself some time for 'inner reflection' +
- an opportunity to experience and learn about other cultures, natural and built environments and religions/customs + record some of this for future reference.
I hope others give you some feedback.
A.D.

Carlo Pancaldi

Postby Carlo Pancaldi » Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi A.D.,
thank you for your reply and sorry for my delay but I was very busy in the last weeks.
Our problem is this: we run cycling holidays for foreign guests and we want to give the best biking experience to our guests.
The best way to understand and improve our overall offering is to ask.
Our best satisfaction is to meet the request of guests. We really ask our guests about their ideas, thoughts and 1st class examples during their stay here .
Who can know better then them about a wonderful cycling experience ?
Have a good day
Carlo

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi Carlo,

We have many members here that tour on bikes both here and overseas, but first we need to know where you are from and where you're intending to run these tours. maybe some of our members have already been where you are.
I'm guessing from your name (looks Spanish) you could be from South America or even somewhere around Spain?
I've never toured overseas on bike and just a beginner but would love to tour Japan as I have great interest of their History and customs.
I have been there about 4 times and would love to do it by bicycle.

Cheers

brumby33

Dave
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

Carlo Pancaldi

Postby Carlo Pancaldi » Tue May 17, 2016 12:32 am

Hi Dave,
I’m from Italy. I live in Varese. I’m not Spanish.
We run Lakes of Northern Italy bike tours (Lake Maggiore – Lake Varese – Lake Lugano – Lake Como)

Do you know the Shrine of Madonna del Ghisallo ?
That’s a small Shrine in Magreglio between the two branches of Lake Como.
That is venerated by international cycling as patroness of cycling and the place has become the focus of many riders' pilgrimages.

Bye
Carlo