Bicycle Hire in Europe

fergy1987

Bicycle Hire in Europe

Postby fergy1987 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Hey Everyone,

So I am planning a trip to Europe - (Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands) and am looking at doing some sight seeing via bicycle in these places.

However from previous Bike Hire experiences in places like Vietnam etc, I always seem to end up with some cruddy beach cruiser type thing with a giant seat that's rusting.

Does anyone have any experience in these countries with hiring a road bike of some sort just for cruising around (Like a daily rate) - I'm not going to be doing some sort of huge cycling tour or anything, just want a decent bike :P

Cheers everyone!

10speedsemiracer

Re: Bicycle Hire in Europe

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 pm

fergy1987 wrote:Hey Everyone,

So I am planning a trip to Europe - (Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands) and am looking at doing some sight seeing via bicycle in these places.

However from previous Bike Hire experiences in places like Vietnam etc, I always seem to end up with some cruddy beach cruiser type thing with a giant seat that's rusting.

Does anyone have any experience in these countries with hiring a road bike of some sort just for cruising around (Like a daily rate) - I'm not going to be doing some sort of huge cycling tour or anything, just want a decent bike :P

Cheers everyone!
Buy a pre-owned off Gumtree or similar and then sell ? Has got to be cheaper than hiring in any case. Just had a quick browse thru Gumtree (London) and found a Giant Defy, a couple of Claud Butlers and a decent Fuji, none of which were over 200 quid.

Service it and fit new tyres and tubes, would probably still be cheaper than hiring. Would make lots of sense if you were able to take the bike with you to the various locations.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

SheikYerbouti

Re: Bicycle Hire in Europe

Postby SheikYerbouti » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:54 pm

I need the same, a road bike in Amsterdam in Oct for 2 days. I want to do a 100km ride with <1m of climbing :)