Korea

Trevtassie

Korea

Postby Trevtassie » Tue May 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Looks like the next tour is 4 weeks in Korea July-August. Any suggestions?

baabaa

Re: Korea

Postby baabaa » Wed May 02, 2018 8:05 am

Busan, Busan and maybe Pusan...
Great country, great peoples.
Get the passbook, do the Four Rivers Cycle Path*.
#Thread closed#
(*This route may need you to get out of Busan at some point, so maybe best to go from Seoul and arrive in.......Busan)

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 am

At this stage we are looking at doing a loop, either Seoul down the 4 Rivers to Busan, back up the east coast, across south of the DMZ somewhere, then back to Seoul. From Busan up the east coast then down. It'll be warming up so maybe the former might be better, so we're in the north mid August.
Word on the street (ummm, internet) is that the 4 rivers is a bit boring and to get off it where possible...
All this is of course if Carrot Head and Little Rocket Man don't go at each other again I suppose...

baabaa

Postby baabaa » Thu May 03, 2018 10:14 am

Yes I would agree with that. Have not done the four rivers by bike but the coast is magic so use the path as a faster way to get from one part to another. Some of the coast towns are so off the tourist drag that you will need to practice your best hand on chest give your best... YeoBoseyo...
Did I mention Busan?

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Sat May 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Ooooh, we've pulled the pin on Korean. Reckon it'll be too hot and humid in July August. Keep reading all the post by tourers talking about drinking 6 or 7 litres of water a day and riding through rain... sounds a bit crap, dirty, wet and in a tent.
Consolation prize: another trip to Hokkaido!