Custom Chopper shows Se Qld

sjdonne

Custom Chopper shows Se Qld

Postby sjdonne » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:35 pm

I have built 3,and plan to build more chopper style bicycles from old bikes and various pieces of scrap metal tubing. The bikes come up really good and they are real head turners. I have heard that some hot rod shows have custom bicycle competitions at them, if anyone knows about shows like this in S/E Queensland or Nrthn NSW please let me know. I suffer from OBBD (obssesive bicycle building disorder) and have various types of custom bicycles in various stages of completion lying around (inc a bicycle that runs on railway lines and a cargo bike)and it would be good to enter the choppers in contests from time to time to help me justify to my family that there really is a meaning to all this late night welding. Please forgive me if I have done something wrong as this is my first ever visit and post to a forum of any shape or form

Hodaddy

Re: Custom Chopper shows Se Qld

Postby Hodaddy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Your not alone, there are a few of us with that problem(bike building disorder.
How about some pics.
Hodday

sjdonne

Postby sjdonne » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:06 pm

yeah still trying to work out how to add images, ill keep trying

razorroom102

Postby razorroom102 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi i have recently found out that Greazefest has a custom bicycle category at their show. I will hope fully be entering some bikes myself its in august so their is still plenty of build time

sjdonne

Postby sjdonne » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Yeah thanks for that, since I originally posted I found out about Greasefest, it looks like fun on their website, I am working on one bike now to enter which is just about complete in the construction stage; it is rideableit just needs final grind and flap disc then to my work for sandblast then paint, and I have another I will enter and probably put up for sale. Have you ever entered bicycle comps before

Crank

Postby Crank » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 am

Well i hope you people are taking lots and lots photo of your builds and if you are going to the show make sure you take the camera since im over here.... :cry: :cry:

sjdonne

Postby sjdonne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 am

Hey Crank, just had a quik look at your website I envy your occupation still not sure about posting images but can send images through email. will try to take an image of every entrant at the show and post them for all to see how good these bikes turn out.Go the bike

Crank

Postby Crank » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:53 pm

O thanks "sjdonne" we do try but im no web designer way more bicycle related, hard thing about what we do is trying to find those other people who have taken on the other forms of bicycling and more focus on the bicycle it self but we are slowly finding those people.
If you would like, if you are doing any articles or any builds with articles and photos we will be happy to host them for you long as they are in the cool,sweet,yeah fat tyre category or even a photo with a link back to your site all credit to you.
Any other info just pm us or email.

razorroom102

Postby razorroom102 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Nah i have never entered any bike comps before. Being a spray painter by trade and was a keen MTB fiend a mate had me rebuild his 1970's malvern star lowrider afew months back and it was all over from there, i have now got 7 cruiser/chopper/lowriders i have built for myself and love them all. Greazefest will be my first bike comp but im hopeing to find some more.

sjdonne

Postby sjdonne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 pm

If you get a chance have a look at the "Atomic Zombie" website, you can send images of your bikes to them and they post your images on their website for free, I have a couple of images on there , there is also a couple of other aussie guys on it as well as builders from around the world,there are some amazing bikes on the site, hope to see you at Greazefest

Wild Turkey

Postby Wild Turkey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Bike shows may not be what you think they will be. I was stunned at the way this day panned out.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26054

Hundereds of hours work (even more time thinking) and around 200 hand made parts. It has cruised at well over 60 kph in saftey and comfort many times. Suspension, disc brakes, gearbox and diff.

Vs

Twisted Taiwanese junk from a cataloge that was slapped together in a bike shop a week before the show? Not to mention can not be riden?

sjdonne

Postby sjdonne » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 am

Yeah I must say I am a bit interested to see how a bike made from scratch including frame, handlebars, pan seat etc can go against bought bike with a few accessories added on. will still be good to go down and meet other builders and "network" and also the festival really looks like a fun weekend with hot rods,tattoo's and people dressing up in "Grease" style fashions