Got Rake

Mr Incerdible

Got Rake

Postby Mr Incerdible » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Mate of mine just posted the build pics of his new fixi project so i thought I'd post some pics of my chopper build

Here it is during the frame build. i chopped up a brand new Schwinn Stingray Chopper for the wheels and rear wheel carrier. Forks are just mild steel tube. As luck would have it I could get the same diameter as the original forks so I could use the original triple trees

Upper tube is exhaust tube that the local exhaust shop bent to my specifications

After many different styles I went with the mountain bike bars as shown here for the drag look

Bike mocked up with Stingray bars. Not a good look

Because of pedal clearance issues with the ground I had to shorten the forks and frame. Another set of bars, these were home built, laid back western style bars. They nearly made it into production

Mock up complete. Notice I ran the rear brake through the frame for the smooth look

Back from powder coat and chrome plating.

The finished product.

Cool to ride and turns heads wherever it goes.

Moved house to a hilly area and the bike has ended up on the wall of the garage. No hope of riding the thing up steep hills.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Got Rake

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Damn that's gorgeous.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

RiZZa

Postby RiZZa » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Yep thats rake alright ! And finished bike looks mint too :D
X______________________________

sjdonne

Postby sjdonne » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Got rake allright, awesome, I have been trying to find out about using exhaust tube also, as I live in the country the only thing I can find on the internet is complete exhaust systems. What thickness is the wall of the pipe you have used and do you think it is rigid enough, also what type off welder do you use, mig/stick, 10/15amp, brand etc? as I am going to upgrade my old stick (welder not wife) and I would like opinions on other welders. Cheers Rowd.Keep building Bicycles

Mr Incerdible

Postby Mr Incerdible » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

sjdonne wrote:Got rake allright, awesome, I have been trying to find out about using exhaust tube also, as I live in the country the only thing I can find on the internet is complete exhaust systems. What thickness is the wall of the pipe you have used and do you think it is rigid enough, also what type off welder do you use, mig/stick, 10/15amp, brand etc? as I am going to upgrade my old stick (welder not wife) and I would like opinions on other welders. Cheers Rowd.Keep building Bicycles

All exhaust shops have mild steel tubing and a bending machine. If i recall they charged me $20 for the tube and the bend. I think you can get the tube from about inch and a half to 4 inches in diameter. Wall thickness would be about 3 mm. I'm a big bloke and I don't notice any flex when I'm riding the chopper.

I used a 10 amp elchepo welder with elchepo welding rods for tacking all the joins and used a mates Mig to fully weld it up.

Cheers

Mr Incerdible

Postby Mr Incerdible » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Damn that's gorgeous.

Any offers???

Kingfisher

Postby Kingfisher » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 am

Very nice build Mr Incredible. I'd love to make an offer; just need to check my sock drawer first :wink:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 am

Mr Incerdible wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:Damn that's gorgeous.

Any offers???
:lol: Gain another bike, lose a GLW...
I impulse bought a new MTB just over a week ago. Things were a tad frosty for a few days.

I'd honestly love to but I have the same problem with hills too. Not to mention the bulging shed. Is it possible to have too many bikes? :?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

mark field

Postby mark field » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:53 pm

i have to say i looked at your build pics and thought yeah i can apreciate the effort but not really doin it for me, but when painted and assembled it all comes together, very impressive. Baby this is one sweet ride. nice one :)
steel is the real deal.

Mr Incerdible

Postby Mr Incerdible » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Cheers Mark, thanks for the vote 8)

Mr Incerdible

Postby Mr Incerdible » Wed May 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Bike for sale for $1000 if anyone wants it

rontherigger

Postby rontherigger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 am

Cool bike,
that looks over 3m long. have you still got it
How much did they slug ya to get the forks chromed, I am thinking of getting mine done
Have you tried E-baying it

Chopper bike

Postby Chopper bike » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:58 am

Nice chopper would you mind if I posted some of your pictures to my face book page?
The page is called Fans of Chopper Bicycles

GUN METAL

Postby GUN METAL » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:38 am

Sweet indeed, would love somethin like this. Can you get a vid up of you riding it, would love to see it in action.