My Lowrider Cruiser/Dragster

The home of 'cool'

My Lowrider Cruiser/Dragster

Postby adrian_d » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Here is the beast in all her glory. I've been wanting one of these for a long time and finally got around to getting one.
I am currently in the process of installing a hub motor to give me a bit of help for those very difficult hills with 1 gear only haha

My most epic 48v Motor Controller. They were kind enough to write 48v just in case I forgot what my order was haha.

My workbench (finally I cleared it enough to put all my goodies on it.

I got around to installing my super cheap eBay Bicycle Computer, visible on the right is my very epic eBay special Wildfire G13 phone holder (I mean't to get one for a G8 but luckily it fits relatively well enough)Image

This was a very proud day indeed, finally getting the original cheapie handlebar grips off and putting my electronic throttle in place. I'm still not sure if I like the positioning (as my arm is sort of twisted sideways in the first place).

I may end up using my thumb throttle in the long run. Is it strange to have to release your hand off the throttle to press the brake or could I have set it up badly?

Here is my el Cheapo eBay Speedo Sensor in place. It seems to do a decent enough job for now till I can afford a Cycle Analyst.

Here I am positioning the Narva Compac 100 fog light that will be used for longer rides, if I end up getting caught in the dark its nice to know I have some decent lighting to back me up.

Here is the same hand and fog light but this time I positioned it a bit higher up.

The cables and bracket definitely need some work, I bought them second hand a few years ago.

My Torque Arm Kit (I bought 2 just in case i'd need them). I'm still working out the best way to mount this.

REVISED GOALS FOR THIS/NEXT YEAR
2. Attend 250km Bupa 2014

My Cycling Journey Blog (Needs Updating)
adrian_d

by BNA » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:37 pm

BNA

Re: My Lowrider Cruiser/Dragster

Postby rontherigger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey Adrian,
nice schwinn,
you would have got that thing together by now, how is the powerpack pushing her?
I was gunna recommend to you downloading a bike computer app from android for your phone, you can email the specs to your computer as well if you want
rontherigger

Re: My Lowrider Cruiser/Dragster

Postby adrian_d » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 am

rontherigger wrote:Hey Adrian,
nice schwinn,
you would have got that thing together by now, how is the powerpack pushing her?
I was gunna recommend to you downloading a bike computer app from android for your phone, you can email the specs to your computer as well if you want

Hey Mate,
Unfortunately I am still awaiting finances to finish off the project but I am hoping it will be done in the next month or so. I have decided to downgrade to SLA batteries due to the costs associated. Should be still a bit of fun though :)

I'm worried about the front wheel ripping out haha. I am in the process of redesigning some stronger dropouts at some stage this week too.
REVISED GOALS FOR THIS/NEXT YEAR
2. Attend 250km Bupa 2014

My Cycling Journey Blog (Needs Updating)
adrian_d

Return to Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers