Oddball Lefty Hooligan

eldavo

Oddball Lefty Hooligan

Postby eldavo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Story...a guy at work told me about his skid kid back in the day, about the oddball, and at some other time another colleague told me about Lefty. Some time later I found this Cannondale Hooligan featuring a Lefty I could live with (rigid)... and decided to try a 26er front finding a semi-affordable front spare. I commuted on it in form I got it in, until lost rear tyre to big slash/blowout and shelved bike without spare 20" tyres. So with 26er tyres fitted the oddball rim. 2.1" first with brown sidewall, then to current 1.5" with BMX bars also, having to swap brakes left/right on bars and slacken some routing due to short lines with tall bars. Intention/result is a wheelie beast, frightful at first til quickly get used to it.

Starting with current pics, going back through to how it arrived ex-bike shop upgrades over stock being Hayes Ryde brakes and 105 derailleur Kojak 1.35" tyres.
This morning imagining myself as Danny MacAskill commuting:
Was more convenient with stem extender and bottle holder out front/left:
The big rear slash resulting in dramatic tube blowout that kicked off fitting the 26er Lefty wheel waiting patiently for its opportunity to shine

First delivered to work and assembled in the office while suffering snide remarks from colleagues:

My most important critic approved, picked her up from last home day care day, the gears made it easier (despite low seat height leg inefficiency) than the Basman Project 346 Lunar stretch cruiser single speed when climbing steep hills on same route home.

cray-

Re: Oddball Lefty Hooligan

Postby cray- » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:18 pm

I've only got one word: wacky. :shock:

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 pm

It's returned non-oddball for fine weather Spring commuting following winter downtime with a driveline clean. A new front brake for a longer line to route better, minor lube, and spokey dokes added ;) It still coerces wheelies, less so than as an oddball when it wanted to take off on small climbs.

munster68

Postby munster68 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Eldavo,
I am new to this forum and i saw your lefty with nice setup. I would like to change out the handle bar and stem but i have no clue what parts to use. Can you help me out? My email address : glennmun68@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance.