Felt MP

eldavo

Felt MP

Postby eldavo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Maiden voyage

Basman's panniers

MP's panniers

Felt MP cruiser near new, stored indoors, original owner who did 68km of cruising around the local wildlife park over 3-4 years. Had the rim I wanted, and the chassis is sister of the Felt Twin GBR750 that I’ve wanted for a project for ages (missed out on one last year). Bonus this MP version has factory racks (25kg rear), front dynamo with roller brake running front and rear tail lights, original tool bag, all in mint condition.

What started out idly looking for a 26” geared hub for my single speed Basman Project 346 Lunar stretch cruiser, I found this was too good to pass up. Got it home 10:30pm, removed lame warning/importer/made in Taiwan stickers, stickering, clean, reassembled headlight switch I broke first use, tweaked some controls adjustment etc.

eldavo

Re: Felt MP

Postby eldavo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:34 am

Pointed seat down to stop pinching hamstrings and raised the bar to get comfortable for real pedalling seat height.
Fixed panniers permanently, using liner bags to leave them on bike and take contents away in one action.
Back out commuting again:

jaffaman

Postby jaffaman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:08 am

Very nice! Love that rear light. Extraordinary condition.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:24 am

Unfortunately the rocket/finned 50's style tail light stuck out in the way of the left pannier sitting flush so I removed it when fitting the panniers permanently. There's a nice rear cross bar for tail lights on the rack that the Serfas LED light bar rear light I'm using fits flush and straps around nicely, plus have a spare knog style pair of lights from a Reid freebies bag that I've left at bottom of parts side pannier in case of flat batteries.

A roadie commuter pulled alongside wanting to know where to get the panniers, saying he had an electric cruiser build in progress and liked them. He thought this was electric but it's a dynamo and drum or roller brake front hub. I also got another couple random complements, front rider of a trio up at Parliament House must have been high from the hill climb and shouted out, and a fellow commuter parking next to me at work regularly said she saw me pass her day before and again today and loved the bike.

Duties as a wet weather cargo bike tonight with first of two Pushys sale deliveries arriving, two Fasty.se straps do the deed yet again, best $2 spent?

One of the new toys in box snapped next to the 12yo shoes with rubber soles that have hardened and become slippery so have become cycling shoes. Dunlop Volley Sport are the temporary skate substitute.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm

I had a taste of what an Xtracycle deck might be like, longest rear rack attachment done so far, no issue.
I have had the chain drop off after habitually dropping off curbs, so I need to fit a chain tug. It happened on my fat bike with worse chain line, I've had more down time in dropped geared hub chains this year than the only one slashed tyre/tube blowout right back in January 3rd.