Myer Speed Dragster

The home of 'cool'

Myer Speed Dragster

Postby BNC_82 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Hey Guys,
I came across an old dragster style bike,its single speed doesn't have original seat but all else is there.its pretty rough will try and get a pic uploaded but just wondered if anyone has any info on the brand. The stickering is Myer Speed, I can't seem to find much info on who makes them or if its Australian made or imported. I am guessing by the lack of information, its probably a fairly nothing brand bike but any info would be good.
Thanks
BNC_82

by BNA » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:29 pm

BNA

Re: Myer Speed Dragster

Postby oldschoolbikes » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Is your bike something like this frame?
http://www.streetlowrider.com.au/forum/myer-special.jpg
oldschoolbikes

Postby devilishdesigner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:59 am

Hi BNC,

as you spotted in my other thread I too have a Myer Speed. Mine is 1976, extra long frame (21" from memory). Is all original, tall sissy bar, metallic red seat with white stripes, 3 speed 333 shimano hub with one of the stick shifts that looks like a ball at the bottom.

I have not found anything about the brand. Frame design is close to Malvern Star and a couple of others (narrow tubes coming all the way up to the top tube where they meet the seat tube, not lower like some cheaper frames), but I have not found a match to the frame in length from another manufacturer
Suus: Reimagined/Recycled/Upcycled Cool
https://www.facebook.com/suusdesign
devilishdesigner

Postby pacerman » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:13 am

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and have a pretty mint 3 spd red "Myer Speed". My buddy who is the same age (49) still has his from when he was a kid. My understanding is that these bikes were sold through Myers department stores in Melbourne. Other states?? Not sure. Each one I have seen has a long frame set up, sparkly striped seat, stubby old Shimano 3spd and matching rear hub. They are common with front racks and twin headlights and yes, tall sissy bar.

As I am new to the forum I'm assuming I can't post pics yet unless I'm missing something obvious? I have pics of all 6 of my bikes including the Myer Speed.

Cheers! Tim
pacerman

Return to Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers