Custom chopper/cruiser Builders in Brisbane

24thstCustoms

Re: Custom chopper/cruiser Builders in Brisbane

Postby 24thstCustoms » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:35 pm

bychosis wrote:I wasnt' suggesting they are non functioning. I have never ridden anything remotely like that closest I've got is a 20" dragster bike. What I meant is are they more difficult to ride/handle/turn than a more regular shaped bike as they seem very long and low.
Practice makes perfect. I build for me, I'm 6'5 and they are perfect, the further you get away from that, the harder it would be I guess.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:35 am

And I am back. After failing to find a large part of what I was looking to get out of this whole bike building hobby, I have found a good group of people that ride/build/customise and talk bikes. Met through a Facebook group called Brisbane lowriders and choppers cruising. I have only been for a couple rides with them and that was enough to inspire me to clean up the workshop and put the frame jig back next to the welder.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:05 pm

One of the Brisbane Lowrider and Choppers Cruising organisers has got us a spot at the Redlands Rockabilly Revival on Sunday March 13. We will be bringing lots of our bikes to showcase what we are about. Come down, have a look and talk custom bicycles with us.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:42 am

After a decent hiatus from building bikes, I have dived head first into my last build. I'll give you the drawing, but as I'm half way through the build I realise the front wheel (29x3) is higher than the top tube. This wheel is crazy awesome. Check my Instagram @jefboy, the wheels are so rad. Blaze blue, my new favourite colour.Image

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Glad you found your tribe, look forward to seeing some pics from the show'n'shine.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:15 am

Cheers Cray. I will definitely post pics of the Rockabilly day. Check out the Brisbane Lowriders and Choppers Cruising page, if this is your style, or if anyone wants to join in, there is a hugely exciting bunch of visitors heading to Australia. I can't wait.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm calling this one 'Race Leader', I seem to be on track with my deadline too. I have a few ideas for some original bars, I may have time to knock them up. This 29x3 font wheel in insane in its size and its quality. Stoked

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:47 am

Finally, I could take it off the frame jig, it's been held up by the jig for around six months. Feels good to have it at this point, soon it will be doing 230 to 240 second quarter miles, wicked! The seat pan turned out sweet and the suspension is nice and soft. Fab'd some clip-on handle bars, I've wanted to have a go at making some of those for a while. Not much left to do except heaps things I always forget about, ergh and the
......................... Redlands Rockabilly Revival is This Sunday!

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Today's the day. Finally at the Redlands Rockabilly Revival @Cleveland show grounds 10am till 5pm. All set up and shined up, a great mix of styles, rust, paint and powder. Plenty of live music, rods, rats, tatts and pin-up girls around.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:25 pm

My mock up of the new bike 4.25" @jubecustoms rear, 29x3" front, powder coated Blaze Blue with 205mm rotors and hydraulic brakes. Still a little bit to do before its done, but it's looking good.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:49 pm

24thstCustoms wrote:My mock up of the new bike 4.25" @jubecustoms rear, 29x3" front, powder coated Blaze Blue with 205mm rotors and hydraulic brakes. Still a little bit to do before its done, but it's looking good.
Mate, this is your best one yet! 8)
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Thank you, it's going to get a lot better too. This is that bike with a pretty girl on it.Image

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:58 pm

Awesome! What kind of reception did you get at a hotrod show, plenty of curious people?

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:49 pm

We (Facebook - Pedal Pushers) went in not knowing where we would be, we did a mock up the weekend before to see what kind of space we needed and how we would set it all up. The last thing we wanted was to get there and be bouncing off each other with no plan for the exhibit. We couldn't of had a better position, in between the the rod field surrounded by markets and the place to be being the live music stage and 'beverage' area. I think everyone who went and looked around came past us. Lots of pointing, photos and chats, as well as the Pin-up girls getting on a few bikes for some rad style pics. Kick arse day!

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Very cool, you should be proud. Can't wait to see this bad boy finished.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Totally prideing out. Can't wait to have it finished, nothing like fresh powder coat. Pedal Pushers will be getting together sometime over the Easter long weekend, I hope to have it done by then. I'm not in the mood to rush it though, but I'll take it out wherever it's at for fun.

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Another awesome night out spent with the Pedal Pushers. Image

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:33 pm

I took 'race leader' out for a night on the town. We caught the train in and peeps were all over it, partly because it took up so much room near the door, oh well. 8) rides smooth, comfy, I probably could have riden it for another four or five hours, love it! Had to wipe the drool of it after the train home thanks to some loose rugby fans creepin on us, lol. With the twin tail lights it's really lookin next level shmik at night.Image

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Gone Viral

Postby Gone Viral » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi,I have started building a stretched bike and need some wheels,I am after 26 x80 or 100mm with tyres,also need disc brake sets.I live in N.Z and would look at freighting to here.Love the look of your bikes.Any chance you would know of a supplier in Aus.
Thanks Bruce

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:09 am

Jube Customs in Brisbane is the only Austalian supplier I have found that has close to what you want, his wheels played a big part in me starting to build my own bikes. But if you want to get specific, you will need to go further over seas, http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a wide range of everything. You may have to buy your rim, hub, tyre and tube then get it painted and laced near you. That's what I did for the 29X3 on my latest bike. They have an awesome shopping cart too. Cheers

Gone Viral

Postby Gone Viral » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:49 am

Hey dude thanks for replying,I have already been in touch via email to JUBE CUSTOMS,couldn't really help me at this stage, maybe on future builds.I'll keep an eye on his site.I'll check out classic cycle for sure,Thanks
Bruce

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Happy to help, show us what you've got when you're ready, if it's rad. Peace

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Next Saturday the 7th of May from midday is the Rods and Rockabilly Festival at The Hamilton Hotel.

After our show and shine at the Redlands Rockabilly Revival received a lot of praise and interest, the organisers have kindly invited us to put together another exhibition. High fives all round!
So come down for a look or a chat, tell us our bikes are cool and what you've got, or tell us they should have motors in them, like other people do. It's all good, we just like to talk bikes.
See you there greasers 8)Image

24thstCustoms

Postby 24thstCustoms » Sun May 01, 2016 5:15 pm

With the show only a week away, the Pedal Pushers have each been tidying up, swapping out parts or fabricating a few things to have our bikes ready for Saturday. I spent some time today making a rear fender for my bike, and then it's off to the powder coaters.

My first try at a fender, I'm not sure if I dig it or not, I will have to see it all done, then it's too late anyway, it will grow on me :mrgreen:
Here is a few pics of my morning. 8) ImageImageImageImage