"SKYWAGEN"

Jackinator_VA

"SKYWAGEN"

Postby Jackinator_VA » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:58 am

Hey all, I've had this dragster bike for ages, it's called a "SKYWAGEN" and yes with the "E". After searching extensively, I never found any info out about it, like when and where it was made and who the manufacturer was etc. So if anyone on this forum has some knowledge about the mysterious "SKYWAGEN" could you please stand up? It would be great to know a little more about the bike and you would get my fullest appreciation.

bychosis

Re: "SKYWAGEN"

Postby bychosis » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 am

Grave dig.

Stumbled across this post just now. I've got a Skywagen dragster in my garage atm. Its a bit ratty having been given a dodgy black spray paint, but is in working condition. From what I have read they were made by Nissan.

Here is a pic as I picked it up. It is amongst my collection. I'm hoping to get enough together I can go cruising with my 3 boys on one each (if they'll do it)
Thought i had more pics, but apparently not. Will have to get some.
Last edited by bychosis on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Skywagon were made by Nissan, I had one as a kid, must have been around 1980. 10 speed bought with paper round money. Not bad, not brilliant, Suntour derraileur etc.

Skywagen with an e would seem to be a brand trying to look like Skywagon.

Quite a few car companies made bikes back then, Toyosha by Toyota and I remember Porsche bikes but somehow I figure that was licensing the name.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 am

Nissan Skywagen BMX

Looks like SkywagEn by Nissan to me, could be wrong though. Will have to look at the head badge of the one in the shed tonight.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.