Ullrich gets compo after oath

Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Vuelta a España, Tour Down Under and more

Ullrich gets compo after oath

Postby sittingbison » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 am

foxsportsnews wrote:...FORMER Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich has won $666,000 in back pay after denying under oath taking drugs in the early part of 2003 before a German court in Dusseldorf...

sheesh, all you have to do is take the Bart Simpson defence "I didn't do it" or "It wasn't me" and they will GIVE you money for being a drug cheat. :roll:

Ah I can now see his cunning plan, he did not swear an OATH before his God to being a blood transfusion cheat. :wink:
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University
sittingbison

by BNA » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 am

BNA

Postby MichaelB » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 am

You have to understand the whole case. A former employer refused to pay, as he thought he was using drugs. He may well have been, but the team owner had no proof.

Issue apparently dates back to about 1992.

Right or wrong, he should have been paid. Wonder what the lawyer fees are though ......

foxsportsnews wrote:...FORMER Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich has won $666,000 in back pay after denying under oath taking drugs in the early part of 2003 before a German court in Dusseldorf...

He never won it though, did he ? I always thought he came second .. :?
MichaelB

Postby chris641 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:32 am

MichaelB wrote:He never won it though, did he ? I always thought he came second .. :?

He won in 1997, same year that he won the white jersey. Apart from that he came second five times I think.
Fastest Century: 100km in 2:52 at 35 km/h
2008 Merida Scultura Evo Team
chris641

Return to International and National Tours and Events