20%
Vande Velde
4%
other (please list below)
8%

Total votes: 25
sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Levi ran into LA's rear wheel...then lost the front end...lapse of concentration.LA looked back with a Say What look :lol:
Lucky Boonen didn't use his head as a cobble!.
Are you making all that up?

I assume the fallen rider was LeviL and those immediately behind him are Garmin-Slipstream (2), Columbia (1) and Quickstep (1) riders. No other Astana riders in sight. And there's one solo rider in front riding a Scott (Columbia). So where's LA?
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:49 pm

sogood wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Levi ran into LA's rear wheel...then lost the front end...lapse of concentration.LA looked back with a Say What look :lol:

I assume the fallen rider was LeviL and those immediately behind him are Garmin-Slipstream (2), Columbia (1) and Quickstep (1) riders. No other Astana riders in sight. And there's one solo rider in front riding a Scott (Columbia). So where's LA?
No I watched happen on the live feed.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:50 pm

sogood wrote:

No I watched happen on the live feed.Levi was protected rider so why have an Astana rider behind him..he was right on Lances wheel,bit of wind,Lance moved sideways...Levi went down

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Then it's a shame the photographer didn't capture LA's face on the still.

I understand that Astana/Trek have paid big bucks on this tour to get some worthwhile promotional footages, including that ride over the Golden Gate Br. They may have missed the best one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Maybe the motorbikes have been told to stay back a bit after Lance's own photographer took him out the day before.

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:47 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Maybe the motorbikes have been told to stay back a bit after Lance's own photographer took him out the day before.
Good point!

Do you have any contacts with those photographers on motorbikes? What's their life like? Know any special techniques they use?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 pm

sogood wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Maybe the motorbikes have been told to stay back a bit after Lance's own photographer took him out the day before.
Good point!

Do you have any contacts with those photographers on motorbikes? What's their life like? Know any special techniques they use?
No I don't know any of them personally but have "researched" them a bit.Not a good job to be a married man...think pro cyclists travel alot...imagine how much the main snappers travel!...also CorVos and Graham Watson have it pretty sealed...there are other snappers but I don't think there is a hell of a lot of money in it...unless you are right in with the teams and ASO...pretty hard to get on a bike during the tour and that is where the money is.My wife keeps saying I should combine my passions (well photography is sort of a passion but more like a job for me these days..not that I have done much work since being here)...who knows :wink: .SPecial techniques...not really...jst pretty much standard sports photos...you can be creative within reason but you wont sell many pics to art mags!...coping with the weather while have $20-30K worth of cameras on you might be tricky :lol:

philip

Postby philip » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am

I just started watching this at http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/. I can't believe how awesome that coverage is! Streaming is really fast, can switch cameras, follow gps equipped riders etc. So cool, I wish TdU had something like this organised!

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 am

philip wrote:I just started watching this at http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/. I can't believe how awesome that coverage is! Streaming is really fast, can switch cameras, follow gps equipped riders etc. So cool, I wish TdU had something like this organised!
1) They are riding right over Silicon Valley and bandwidth/technology is not an issue there.
2) Watch your download quota. :lol:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:08 pm

sogood wrote: 2) Watch your download quota. :lol:
At work ????

Not really good for productivity, but good site.

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:10 pm

MichaelB wrote:At work ????
Wait for your IT come knocking on your desk... P0rn again? Yeah, bike p0rn. :lol:

philip

Postby philip » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 pm

sogood wrote:Wait for your IT come knocking on your desk
I am IT :D At work we don't even come close to using our monthly download quota so it's all good

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:33 am

philip wrote:
sogood wrote:Wait for your IT come knocking on your desk
I am IT :D At work we don't even come close to using our monthly download quota so it's all good
Bastard :evil:
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Hehe...two screens running at once...one has ToC on silent...the other is streaming Youku movies everynight...what that costs me AU$50 a month!!!...what I get unlimited downloads....what I get my normal telephone package included...what I get 200 TV channels as well...Well I protest!!! :D

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Well no real surprise with Levi winning but good to see Micky Rogers up there would have been good if he could have held on to second.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Really enjoyed watching and following this tour. Given it was just one week and during our early mornings, it was far less stressful than TdF. And good on LeviL in getting his hat trick.

Just saw this series of photos of an exchange b/n LA and a needle toting fan on a mountain stage... Hilarious and served him right! :lol:

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Lance-Armstro ... Blog-19655

Jrollin

Postby Jrollin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:00 am

lol....love the grin on some of the other riders' faces in the third photo.

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:38 am

Jrollin wrote:lol....love the grin on some of the other riders' faces in the third photo.
Was that Frank Schlek (Saxobank) smirking in the background there?

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:09 am

Looks like him, love the livestrong colour scheme.