17%
Luis Leon Sanchez
8%
Other please state in post
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Too true :lol:
But watching them ride a long the coast looked damn good!....this weekend really was the first weekend of Spring!...and damn it feels good!.
toolonglegs

by BNA » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 am

BNA

Postby Chuck » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 am

RICHARDH wrote:So about right for Cadel no matter what time of year it is :roll: Mick Rogers is the best placed aussie to go the podium in this years TdF

I've seen nothing so far to suggest Rogers can attack on the climbs any better than Cadel. To me they are similar climbers, gutsy, but without the brilliance, and Cadel has been able to hang in better than Rogers so far in their careers.

Certainly Rogers had his chance to establish himself in the 06 Tour. His team was strong but without an established leader. Going into the first ITT he was well placed to take yellow and clearly establish himself as team leader, but he rode a disappointing (by his standards) ITT. His TTing has been disappointing in all the Tours he has ridden so far.

He'll have a stronger team than Cadel at this years tour but I wouldn't have any money on him beating Cadel home.

Granted he is younger, and may well be coming into his best grand tour years, but he has a bit to prove given the wraps he gets. Promise has to develop into results at some stage.

He does come across as an earthy, likable guy, so I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong. And even happier to see 2 Aussies on the podium in July :D
FPR Ragamuffin
Chuck

Postby RICHARDH » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:27 am

I've seen nothing so far to suggest Rogers can attack on the climbs any better than Cadel. To me they are similar climbers, gutsy, but without the brilliance, and Cadel has been able to hang in better than Rogers so far in their careers.

I dont know but keeping up with the Chicken is pretty impressive especially since that was the move that put Rasmussen in yellow and had all but won the tour. Rogers has sacrificed a bit off TT strength to be a bit more of an overall guy, certainly has a much stronger team than Cadel.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)
RICHARDH

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:26 pm

RICHARDH wrote:

I dont know but keeping up with the Chicken is pretty impressive especially since that was the move that put Rasmussen in yellow and had all but won the tour. Rogers has sacrificed a bit off TT strength to be a bit more of an overall guy, certainly has a much stronger team than Cadel.

I agree...watching him ride that stage easily staying with the chicken and figuring in his TT skills...wasn't hard to see him winning the Tour that year.
toolonglegs

Previous

Return to International and National Tours and Events