TdF Stage 11

tuco

TdF Stage 11

Postby tuco » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Plumber admitted to breaking aerial lead and sadly it's between the deck roof and the house roof but don't worry for me, I've attached a lead to the TV and put one of those medical clamps on the centre conductor and it's working a treat. Who needs and aerial when a medical clamp will do the trick.

Just have to wait for that silly frog to finish cooking something 95% of us would never eat and I'll be happy.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm

WA sees the frog AFTER the race (so I found out last night as I was still working when the racing finished!!). You guys seem to get more racing than us. It starts at 10pm tonight and finishes around 11.30pm. I want more!! Always more!! 8)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 pm

Aaaargh...!,just found out I have to work in NZ from nxt thursday till monday.No live TDF in NZ me thinks,what will I do!.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:01 am

toolonglegs wrote:Aaaargh...!,just found out I have to work in NZ from nxt thursday till monday.No live TDF in NZ me thinks,what will I do!.
Is it on pay tv ?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:03 am

....not where i am going.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:27 am

Quit :lol:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:13 am

toolonglegs wrote:....not where i am going.
Where in NZ are you going (I'm an ex Kiwi)
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:41 am

Ahh cut the travelogue you lot and talk about the race (ruddy Kiwis, natter like a mob of old wimmen sometimes).

Weren't that stage a beaut? How to take a dead straight, flat as a bog stage and turn it into something other worldly. I couldn't beleive those Astana boys when they began that chase, bit like Phil and Paul, but it worked. How quickly were people being dropped? Just goes to show the power of the peleton. Amazing stuff. I noticed Cadel kept himself well inside the peleton - you only saw him in the background, through the heads of other riders, so I reckon he'll be relatively fresh for the Pyrenesse. Vino might find himself a tad stiff, as will a few others. That wee chase might turn out to be a defining event for more riders than Moreau (who would have been entitled to a few tears and a stiff scotch after that disaster).

The crash near the end ruined things - hope no-one was badly hurt (haven't gone looking on the news sites yet) - still, it was good to see Robbie Hunter get a win. Vino was game with his long distance attempt.

Top stage ... well, the bits I was awake for though I doubt they tamed it while I was asleep so I wouldn't miss anything :roll:

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Bnej

Postby Bnej » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:35 pm

I was hoping for Millar and the breakaway to succeed, after his effort in crossing the gap, but the Astana team attack was a thing of beauty and amazing in it's effect.

europa

Postby europa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 pm

Bnej wrote:I was hoping for Millar and the breakaway to succeed, after his effort in crossing the gap, but the Astana team attack was a thing of beauty and amazing in it's effect.
Yup, me too.

Guess I'm just a romantic, but an effort like Millar's (and then Astana's for that matter) always attracts my support.

Richard

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:56 pm

What about the latest with Rasmussen ?

Seems that his country thinks he's not been a good boy in telling them his whereabouts during training for drug testing.

Seems like there is more to it for them to publically drop him from the National team ?

The drama's of the politics ....

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm

MichaelB wrote:What about the latest with Rasmussen ?

Seems that his country thinks he's not been a good boy in telling them his whereabouts during training for drug testing.
Yep what is hiding? The rules are there for a bloody good reason. If you "vanish" questions must be asked as to why. The guy is a professional and would clearly know what is expected, therefore is no excuse for this sort of behaviour unless he has an ulterior motive.

Regards
Andrew

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:14 pm

moosterbounce wrote:WA sees the frog AFTER the race (so I found out last night as I was still working when the racing finished!!). You guys seem to get more racing than us. It starts at 10pm tonight and finishes around 11.30pm. I want more!! Always more!! 8)
I was just thinking about this as well.

The benefit of being in the west is that the telecast finishes at a reasonable time, but the downside is that we usually ony get to see the last 50-70 or so kilometres. Like Moo, I am not sure that is enough any more... :D

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Aushiker wrote:
MichaelB wrote:What about the latest with Rasmussen ?

Yep what is hiding? The rules are there for a bloody good reason. If you "vanish" questions must be asked as to why. The guy is a professional and would clearly know what is expected, therefore is no excuse for this sort of behaviour unless he has an ulterior motive.

Regards
Andrew
I fear I may break the doping rules here, but here goes... :D

In the Tour Guide (done by the guys at Ride), there is an interview with Cadel that opened my eyes a bit. Did you know that each rider needs to submit a form to all the anti-doping agencies advising them of their whereabouts 3-6 months in advance? Think about it...where will you be on September 26th at 10am?

Also, the agencies (UCI, aus ADA etc) don't coordinate their "visits" so it is possible to get 2 at once and need to provide a couple of litres of pee!! At 3am!! They can come any day and any time.

I'm not saying there isn't cheating, but the watchdog process is pretty hard to deal with too. In the 1st or 2nd Lance Armstrong book, he cited an incident where the USADA visited when he was getting his wife in the car to go to hospital as she was in labour. If he didn't stop and do it, he'd be banned. Of course, he got grumpy and the wife made him stop and do it.

The birth was all over the TV, as was their release from hospital. When they drove in the driveway after being released, there was the USADA waiting for them!! They must have seen on the news when the new parents were expected home.

Personally, this has got to be an invasion of privacy - famous or not. Surely there is another way?

Sorry if I've gone too far Richard...but someone mentioned it and I wasn't "rider bashing" :D I didn't even mantion the new golf scandal (probably because it is boring :roll: )

europa

Postby europa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:57 pm

Now how could I moderate the Carbon Princess :wink:

It's a discussion relevant to the current racing so it's okay. It's the rants about doping in general and accusing everyone of cheating that I'm against (which we don't get here but they fill other forums). Ruin the place for others and you will feel the edge of my axe **swish** :twisted:

Richard

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:35 pm

europa wrote:Ruin the place for others and you will feel the edge of my axe **swish** :twisted:

Richard
What a man!! :wink: