Leader Rasmussen kicked off tour

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:12 am

Imanewbie wrote:oh we are talking about weight lifters? dang, and i thought the thread was about rasmussen :)
Well, he tried but those chicken legs failed miserably. So he turned to cycling... :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Halfanewb

Postby Halfanewb » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:18 am

sogood wrote:
Imanewbie wrote:oh we are talking about weight lifters? dang, and i thought the thread was about rasmussen :)
Well, he tried but those chicken legs failed miserably. So he turned to cycling... :wink:
:lol:

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:19 am

europa wrote:Feel free to admire Rasmussen's and Vinokourov's courage and tactical ability - it's sad we can't admire their morals as well.
Richard
Hard to admire the tactical ability of either. I don't think they needed to be as tactical as required if they were juiced up.
Conti put's in a big effort, a REAL big effort, and Ras easily hauls him back in time and time again.

Vino fails on one stage then blitzes the field on the next. Then repeats the same over the next two stages.

It's like racing a HDT V8 against a mini moke. Save as much fuel as you can, knowing full well when the time comes you can blast past for the win.

BTW, I'm not saying Ras was juiced during the race, but surely one of the advantages of doping out of comp mean that you will have increased muscle mass or strength, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems a given to me.

I admire Cadel for the effort he's putting in (provided he's clean, that is, and we may never know who is and who isn't), but like the SBS commentator said "He looks to be putting in a real hard effort" or something to that effect. Also have to marvel at Conti's prowess on the climbs. Amazing how he can accelerate like that and do it over and over. I get tired just watching him.

Kev.

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:26 am

Kev365428 wrote:Hard to admire the tactical ability of either...

he effort he's putting in (provided he's clean, that is, and we may never know who is and who isn't), but like the SBS commentator said "He looks to be putting in a real hard effort" or something to that effect. Also have to marvel at Conti's prowess on the climbs. Amazing how he can accelerate like that and do it over and over. I get tired just watching him.
I agree. There's more tactics you can play with when you have better endurance and power (via drug or natural genetic talent). Look at Evans on that stage 16 climb. He was pretty much puffed out, let alone attacks and tactics to make others suffer.

Read on another forum. For anyone who think Evans is a doper, then just listen to the way he talks and you'll soon change your mind. :D

As for Contador's prowess. He did end up paying the price for his repeated taunts on Ras. At the end, Contador was out of juice and could not respond to that find push by Ras toward the finish line.

Bnej

Postby Bnej » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:20 pm

From what I have seen in the interviews with Evans, I don't think winning is so important to him that he would cheat. The "If I don't win, well I gave it everything I could" attitude isn't one that lends itself to cheating (I think).

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:41 pm

Bnej wrote:From what I have seen in the interviews with Evans, I don't think winning is so important to him that he would cheat. The "If I don't win, well I gave it everything I could" attitude isn't one that lends itself to cheating (I think).
Evans certainly came across as someone who is mature and sensible. He even gave UCI a nice pat on the back during the interviews. I think he is destined for a major management role in the Australian cycling hierarchy in due course.