Worlds in Geelong - watching

nige.rush

Worlds in Geelong - watching

Postby nige.rush » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi, I’m wanting to go to Geelong to watch Cadel defend his jersey this year, and also have some friends coming from O/S. We were thinking about taking an organised trip. We could do the self-sorted thing but frankly I’d rather let someone else do all the work for me. I’ve found three possibles - www.bikestyle.com, www.islandcycletours.com and www.topbike.com.au. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? They all look pretty good – mostly ten days, some riding beforehand, accommodation in Melbourne or Geelong.

I await people’s sage opinion . . .

nige.rush

Re: Worlds in Geelong - watching

Postby nige.rush » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:11 pm

My bad - www.bikestyletours.com is the address.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 am

topbike and bikestyle are on my short-list (for either the vuelta or geelong)

no personal experience with either but i ran into a guy wearing a topbike jersey the other day and got chatting. turns out he did the TdF with topbike a few years ago and would highly recommend
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Uncle Just

Postby Uncle Just » Sun May 09, 2010 9:12 am

I rode with some guys a month or so ago on a 3 day tour who have used Topbike and they regularly travel with them to the Vuelta and are very happy. Reading their spiel it seems they will take on all the "work" for your 10 days. Enjoy your trip.

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 am

i will be coming up from Hobart....it will be my pre wedding honeymoon...and my weddding present will be the event kit
when do we stop for coffee???