Message to Cadel for the Giro...

shiv

Re: Message to Cadel for the Giro...

Postby shiv » Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 pm

He is probably getting used to it by now. Beaten in the Tour by a Puerto croney, beaten in Dauphine-Libere and Vuelta by another Puerto croney, was he also a victim of them both at Paris-Nice as well? Follows a confessed but unrepentent drug cheat through the first week of the tour, then follows another one in yesterday. Is anyone noting a pattern forming here?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 am

Interesting what Cadel's coach has to say...
"I can't choose between them. Cadel is the strongest athlete I've ever coached. Ivan is the one with more determination"

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 25, 2010 9:06 am

Hi

Cadel's Stage 15 diary entry ... I like his attitude ...
On a more serious note, we can get time penalties for being pushed, so it's certainly not in the GC rider's interest to be pushed. With the gearing, all the serious guys rode 'compact' crank sets, usually a 34 in front from what saw. I had a bit of trouble with the large spacing between the gears. Not something that is usually a problem climbing. With yesterday's effort in the legs, I rode a big larger gear than preferred. Not the right way, but when it's the only way..... Second for me today.

My compliments to Basso and Liquigas. And special mention to Richie Porte who is STILL second on GC. Very very good for a young and good bloke.
Andrew

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 pm

His words towards Richie have been positive throughout, I like it also :D
FPR Ragamuffin

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 25, 2010 9:56 pm

He might have got a new PR person on board. :)

damonik

Postby damonik » Wed May 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Specialized S-Works Roubaix (With electronic Ultegra, oooo the boogey man)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed May 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi

More good stuff from Cadel ... Stage 16 comments ...
That was one interesting uphill time trial! 13k, the last 6k on the dirt. Amongst the spectacular mountain scenery above Brunico, the organizers plotted out a gnarly little course which had the best guys riding 34x29 - I kid you not...

As I lined up on the start line AC/DC's 'Hells Bells' was blaring over the P.A, the result? Old diesel here gets to first split with fastest time. No music at the intermediate point though...so I ended up second :o(
Andrew

shiv

Postby shiv » Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 am

Someone buy the man an Ipod!!! Quickly!!!!!! :D

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu May 27, 2010 8:57 am

Aushiker wrote:Hi

More good stuff from Cadel ... Stage 16 comments ...
That was one interesting uphill time trial! 13k, the last 6k on the dirt. Amongst the spectacular mountain scenery above Brunico, the organizers plotted out a gnarly little course which had the best guys riding 34x29 - I kid you not...

As I lined up on the start line AC/DC's 'Hells Bells' was blaring over the P.A, the result? Old diesel here gets to first split with fastest time. No music at the intermediate point though...so I ended up second :o(
Andrew

I sense a man crush! :mrgreen:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat May 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi

Once again his honesty comes to the fore ...
Now we get to the REAL mountain stages.....and I am not good enough.... Not what we were planning and working for. I got dropped from the Liquigas line up on Mortirolo, switched to defence mode with the following long descent. And I nearly put myself into a camper on the first corner, not ideal. I think it might something to do with the colder temperature at the top of the mountain, as soon as our pads/rims warm up, they work (unexpectedly) much better.

I had to consolidate from there onwards. An incredible Liquigas took back the lead, deservedly so. Me? A lonnggg way off in 5th....
Cadel on Stage 19 at the Giro.

Andrew

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun May 30, 2010 12:10 am

I am not so sure I want to hear Cadel's excuse's at the end...hope I am wrong.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun May 30, 2010 9:11 am

Listen to coverage in italian - and you get to hear Cadel chatting back in Italian - you will then be immune!
Cycling is in my BNA

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun May 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi

Looks like Cadel expects Basso to win ...
Last day on the mountains done, I read in Gazzetta it was to be 6200m of elevation gain. Err...that is A LOT!

A tough start softened the peloton’s ambitions going over the Gavia, but at 2600m, oxygen is a little scarce at almost any speed.

A solid group went early with Sastre, Vinokourov and notably my ex-team mate Matt Lloyd. A great ride by him to secure the mountains jersey, congratulations to Matt. I hear the normally very understated Melburnian put on quite a show for his jersey presentation. Ha ha, there is quite a lot more (intellectually) to that young man than meets the eye.

I had a go at bridging to the remainder of the break in the final, but left my run some 15 seconds too late. Second place for me today....

Tomorrow, a 15k individual time trial. A strange and intense distance for the close of a mountainous three weeks stage race. All being 'normal', Basso has a safe enough lead to hold onto pink.
Andrew

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 am

toolonglegs wrote:I am not so sure I want to hear Cadel's excuse's at the end...hope I am wrong.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/evans-r ... h-the-giro

shiv

Postby shiv » Mon May 31, 2010 10:09 pm

As excuse making goes that wasnt to bad. Said he got sick, but didnt whinge. And best of all he just busted his ass the whole time no matter what setbacks he had

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah a lot of guys got a bit of gastro it seems...nah he had a bloody good race and certainly toughed it out.
4 weeks of school left..which must mean 4 weeks and 1 day till TDF kick off :D .