Message to Cadel for the Giro...

norbs

Re: Message to Cadel for the Giro...

Postby norbs » Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 am

roller wrote:
sogood wrote:
The Womble wrote:I heard that that russian w****r has never publicly appologised for getting caught jabbing horse needles under his eyeballs. I think thats why I want to drown him so much.
Which Russian? :roll:

Gold! Although Dolph (?) was probably cleaner. :twisted:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 am

I guess the real concern for Cadel will be how much time he will lose to the others in the TTT ? :(

One interesting thing I noted as watching the Stage 3 highlights was how little the CTT team guys helped try and pull Carlos Sastre back to the front group ? At one stage they were only 15 sec down, but ended up 46 sec down. :?

Seems like a counter productive move to me :?: Whilst he didn't lose any more time to Cadel, he lost it to others like Basso & Vino.

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

MichaelB wrote:I guess the real concern for Cadel will be how much time he will lose to the others in the TTT ? :(

One interesting thing I noted as watching the Stage 3 highlights was how little the CTT team guys helped try and pull Carlos Sastre back to the front group ? At one stage they were only 15 sec down, but ended up 46 sec down. :?

Seems like a counter productive move to me :?: Whilst he didn't lose any more time to Cadel, he lost it to others like Basso & Vino.

I was going to mention the same thing. He slowly fell back, it was very peculiar.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed May 12, 2010 9:59 am

norbs wrote:
I was going to mention the same thing. He slowly fell back, it was very peculiar.
He seemed to be the only guy really trying with the odd pull from Tondo (CTT).

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Wed May 12, 2010 11:26 am

Thats disgusting. How van you do that and ride? No wonder theres so many crashes this year. I'll have to try it and analyse the results

roller

Postby roller » Wed May 12, 2010 11:44 am

is anyone else completely disatisfied with the highlights on SBS?

visually i feel like i'm watching it on youtube and the commentary seems like it was done after the fact.
inflammatory statement or idea

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 am

Hi

On the subject of Cadel, there is a piece on his shoes at Cycling Tips .... :)

Andrew

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed May 12, 2010 11:53 am

The Womble wrote:Thats disgusting. How van you do that and ride? No wonder theres so many crashes this year. I'll have to try it and analyse the results

Not into a head wind!

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed May 12, 2010 12:07 pm

roller wrote:is anyone else completely disatisfied with the highlights on SBS?
visually i feel like i'm watching it on youtube and the commentary seems like it was done after the fact.
Don't complain! It's 30mins prime time more than what I've expected. These days one can get HD quality on Youtube. :P
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

JohnJoyner

Postby JohnJoyner » Wed May 12, 2010 2:28 pm

El Imbatido wrote:More good ones:

Wasi acrim
Idsayhis acrim
Ahmetim Inagaybar
Peanut Butterjars

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm

JohnJoyner wrote:
El Imbatido wrote:More good ones:

Wasi acrim
Idsayhis acrim
Ahmetim Inagaybar
Peanut Butterjars
Rubbish binny was left out by Indian selectors last night.....

Hafaduzin Marzbars

Smith (I hope I pronounced that correctly)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 am

TTT hasn't helped him again.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 am

I'm sure Lotto will be having a little chuckle....
FPR Ragamuffin

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 am

Gosh, that TTT result hurts! :cry:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 am

Hi

Another Cadel "whinge" on Twitter:
TTT done, going early did not catch the good weather. Mad X-winds for us turned tailwind for last teams. Very happy with the (Bmc) boys!
And another "whinge", this time in his diary:
32km, slightly uphill and mostly straight, not a particularly technical course, but a bit tricky in the downpour we started in. Pave’ can be very slippery in the wet, even if it's straight.

The guys rode technically very well, putting all of their strength on the time sheet. Things had not exactly gone our way leading in. Besides missing Ballan and Morabito, we lost Martin Kohler (taken out by a Tv moto) in stage two. Ok, we'll do what we can. Starting earlier than expected, the weather forecast was for thunderstorms and increasing wind...It starts raining 5 minutes before our start, and we ride the first 10km with a roaring side wind. According to trusted friend Graham Watson who was out on the course taking pics, the crosswind was tailwind for the last teams...oh well...

On the road, we just concentrated on keeping it smooth and together. With the strong wind from the right, there was little if any recovery on the wheel. This was a bit too much for little Florian (Stalder) and Jeff (Louder, we lost them early in the piece. In six, Santambrogio was great, we suspect he was getting a nice behind 'long shanks' Micky (Schar). The opposite for Jeff, who behind me felt no drafting benefits whatsoever - I'm not exactly high on my TT machine.

Now, I look forward to a slightly more 'normal' Giro, whatever that is/was. Until we get to the more selective stages, we won't know if my minute or so behind some of the other contenders will be of importance.
Looks unhappy afterwards too :wink:

Seems pretty matter of frank about it all. I wonder if the issues where much more about the team last year and now he can just enjoy the riding and doing what he can.

Andrew

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 am

Aushiker wrote:Hi

Another Cadel "whinge" on Twitter:
TTT done, going early did not catch the good weather. Mad X-winds for us turned tailwind for last teams. Very happy with the (Bmc) boys!
And another "whinge", this time in his diary:
32km, slightly uphill and mostly straight, not a particularly technical course, but a bit tricky in the downpour we started in. Pave’ can be very slippery in the wet, even if it's straight.

The guys rode technically very well, putting all of their strength on the time sheet. Things had not exactly gone our way leading in. Besides missing Ballan and Morabito, we lost Martin Kohler (taken out by a Tv moto) in stage two. Ok, we'll do what we can. Starting earlier than expected, the weather forecast was for thunderstorms and increasing wind...It starts raining 5 minutes before our start, and we ride the first 10km with a roaring side wind. According to trusted friend Graham Watson who was out on the course taking pics, the crosswind was tailwind for the last teams...oh well...

On the road, we just concentrated on keeping it smooth and together. With the strong wind from the right, there was little if any recovery on the wheel. This was a bit too much for little Florian (Stalder) and Jeff (Louder, we lost them early in the piece. In six, Santambrogio was great, we suspect he was getting a nice behind 'long shanks' Micky (Schar). The opposite for Jeff, who behind me felt no drafting benefits whatsoever - I'm not exactly high on my TT machine.

Now, I look forward to a slightly more 'normal' Giro, whatever that is/was. Until we get to the more selective stages, we won't know if my minute or so behind some of the other contenders will be of importance.
Looks unhappy afterwards too :wink:

Seems pretty matter of frank about it all. I wonder if the issues where much more about the team last year and now he can just enjoy the riding and doing what he can.

Andrew

Glad to see you have finally seen the light Andrew. I knew you would come around sooner or later.

Just been chatting to a mate that was lucky enough to see the TTT. He said it was terrific. He said a lot of the riders were happy to chat before they started warming up. He is in pretty good condition, and rides a lot now that he is working in Europe, but said he felt like he had muppet legs compared to some of the riders there. :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 am

norbs wrote:Glad to see you have finally seen the light Andrew. I knew you would come around sooner or later.
Hi

Yep, I believe I am sort of mature enough to accept when I am wrong so will be more than happy to continue pointing more of Cadel's "whinges" :wink: :)

Regards
Andrew

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

Thats it Andrew. Never back down. NEVER!

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 am

From a mate of a mate, physio with Garmin:

The Giro: Good Times Bad Times
May 12, 2010 by thatphysio
CIAO!
The Giro d’Italia version 2010 has begun. We started racing up in Amsterdam (which, while not technically* part of Italy, was a cool place to start racing from) with a time trial, followed by two road stages. The start of a Grand Tour is always cool – the whole team starts to find extra gears, and the organisation is singing by start time. Despite (or because of) this, the riders get edgier and edgier, and so “transgressions” that wouldn’t have even resulted in a batted eyelid days earlier suddenly become monumentally important. Fun.
My job has been to treat any injuries or niggles that have reared up in the final few days leading in to the race, and then to continue to do the same throughout the race. I am also massaging one of the boys daily (all of the boys get a daily massage when at races). At this race the daily person I’m looking after is Jack “JackyBobby” Bobridge, a young Aussie kid with ridiculous amounts of talent. The bastard. It’s cool chatting to him and seeing his reactions to each day! And then I also look after whoever else needs physio treatment on top of their massage.
We’ve had mixed fortunes thus far – the Day One Time Trial saw us finish some six seconds off the pace over 8.4km, which wasn’t bad. Day Two, and we were ONE second off the pace, and Day Three, we ended up one second off the pace again. Ohh the pain of just missing the lead of the whole race by such a tiny margin!
Day One (an 8.4km Time Trial) dawned wet, but the rain petered out prior to the race itself starting in the centre of Amsterdam. The road thus was drying out throughout the day, but had not completely dried out even by the end of the race. The order of starters became very significant, and painfully for us, one of our boys, Tyler, started early in the race. He found himself entering corners with the brakes on through fear of slipping on the road because of the potential of there being water on the road on the blind side of the corner, only to realise that the corner wasn’t wet after all, and so he lost quite a bit of time throughout the race.
Day Two was a flat stage, and WE WON it!!! Hahahaha! Bloody sensational result – our team sprinter Tyler Farrar won the day with one leg in the air. Well not actually like that, but he did win the thing! I can claim a very small part in that victory as well – each stage has a map of the whole stage, on top of a higher resolution map of the final 3km. Typical to the Giro d’Italia, the final part of the stage was quite dangerous – there was a ninety degree corner some 220m from the finish, and my job for the day was to check out that corner, and to describe the wind at the finish so we could prepare the best sprint we could manage.
Funnily, and also very Giro-like, the corner was actually 350m from the finish, and not nearly as sharp as originally shown on the map. So our boys knew what to expect and weren’t going too hard too soon, and Tyler eventually won the stage. Wiiiicked result, and with the time bonus he accrued, he was suddenly… ONE SECOND off the lead. Bloody hell. One frickin second. And the day before he had pulled out of multiple corners for fear of crashing, any one of which would have been quick enough for him to have gone a second and a half quicker, and held the pink leader’s jersey!
Day Three was also a flat stage, skipping along the coast of the Netherlands, and it was also a LOT less good a day for Garmin Transitions. The roads of the Netherlands (particularly) are plain dangerous. They are particularly narrow and twisty-turny, and also have lots of speed humps and median strips and random poles sticking up here and there. There are also bajillions of fans lining the roads, and thus it is basically a terrifying day for the bike riders – worried about crashing, being caught behind crashes, or hitting random fans.
Unfortunately for us, our team captain, Christian “VDV” Vandevelde, crashed and appears to have broken his collarbone. Painfully, Day Three of the Giro last year also saw VDV crash out – that time with fractured vertebrae, ribs and pelvis. Total nightmare! Completely gutted for him. Also today, Tyler got stuck on the wrong side of a crash, and so lost 46s of time. Bloody hell! At least Dave Millar stayed with the leaders, and at the end of all of the carnage, the organisers did the sums and we ended up… ONE SECOND DOWN!! Curses!
We were then on a “rest” day, driving all of the team equipment (a bus, truck, 2 vans and 4 cars) from Holland to Italy. So restful! So soothing! My lowlight of that drive was finding the lock on the toilet I was using had broken upon me entering the cubicle. After two or three shoulder charges I casually strolled out, acting like all was normal… Welcome to Italia!
Today we have the Teams Time Trial, and I’ll be standing on the course yelling out splits for the boys as they go past. Despite the loss of VDV, we still have a very strong team, and we hope to be able to do some damage on this stage as well. The big threat seems to be Team Sky, who also have a good side. So we shall see what happens in a few hours. Bring it on!
Hopefully I’ll be able to update this thing regularly throughout the month. We shall see!
CIAO!
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for posting. Good to get this sort of personal take on what is happening.

Regards
Andrew

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu May 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Aushiker wrote:Another Cadel "whinge" on Twitter:
I think Cadel has been secretly following norbs' tweets and this BNA thread. He has consulted his PR manager and altered his ways in the last 24 hours. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 13, 2010 1:23 pm

sogood wrote:
I think Cadel has been secretly following norbs' tweets and this BNA thread. He has consulted his PR manager and altered his ways in the last 24 hours. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well spotted :mrgreen:

Andrew

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

sogood wrote:

I DM'ed him and gave him a piece of my mind. :twisted:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi

Eight member BMC team in action ...

Regards
Andrew

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu May 13, 2010 3:03 pm

They look terrific, but it looks like hard work.