Message to Cadel for the Giro...

RICHARDH

Re: Message to Cadel for the Giro...

Postby RICHARDH » Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Cadel looks like his in all the right places at the moment, all he really has to do is get his team to put in a decent TTT not lose anything major stick it out for two weeks trying not to pick up Pink and then ride like buggery in the final week, easy :wink: His definitely got a aura of confidence this year if he was ever going to win a GT this is it, he was robbed last year in the Vuelta if he isnt struck with similar bad luck he should win.

Re: Porte, he is in the fortunate position of falling into the GC role for Saxo. They should TTT well so it will come down to how well he climbs but the White Jersey wouldnt be a silly thing to aim for.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 12:26 am

Hi

VICTORY FOR WOUTER WEYLANDT! Greipel was totally caught out, coming around the final bend and the Quick Step rider holds of Rabobank's Australian sprinter Greame Brown with Robert Forster in third place ahead of Danilo Hondo and young Brit Adam Blythe. The pink jersey of Evans leads the second group over the line some 45 seconds back so the maglia rosa goes to Vinokourov.

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 8:34 am

Hi
A crash in the final 10 kilometers [sic] of Monday's stage of the Giro d'Italia held up Cadel Evans long enough to take the maglia rosa off the back of the BMC Racing Team's world champion.

How It Happened

Evans was not hurt in the crash, but even a furious chase could not keep him from conceding 45 seconds to stage winner's Wouter Weylandt's small group. "With 10 km to go, I had done everything right, I put myself everywhere (to be safe) and was relaxed and there was no wind," Evans said. "Then, I came around a corner and the whole Sky team was on the ground. (Suddenly), guys were falling on top of me. Losing 40-some seconds to my competitors isn't something I wanted to give up."
Source: BMC Racing Team

Wiggins showing signs of the crash ...

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 9:00 am

Hi
Team Garmin Transitions’ Christian Vande Velde crashed today during stage 3 of the Giro d’Italia, suffering a broken right clavicle and forcing him to withdraw from the race. He will undergo surgery Wednesday in Antwerp and after that will work with the team’s medical staff on a recovery plan.

Source: Team Garmin Transitions

Andrew

Fletcher

Postby Fletcher » Tue May 11, 2010 9:04 am

Apparently Greipel was not a happy chap. He got right in Weylandt's face shaking his fist saying he did no work in the group all day.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 9:27 am

Fletcher wrote:Apparently Greipel was not a happy chap. He got right in Weylandt's face shaking his fist saying he did no work in the group all day.
Hi

Weylandt's take on it as reported in Cycling News...
After the finish, German Andre Greipel (HTC-Columbia) and Weylandt got in an argument. An angry Greipel had some words with the Belgian.

"It was pretty harsh," Weylandt said afterwards. "I had the feeling towards the end of the stage that Greipel wasn't going very well. I thought he had combined something with [stage 2 runner-up Matt] Goss, and I anticipated it. Goss changed his direction. I followed him because I suspected Greipel would leave a gap to let his leadout man go. That's how I touched Greipel's wheel, but it was just a normal move."
Andrew

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 9:48 am

I see Cadel is whining and bitching on Twitter again. God almighty, I try to like the bloke, but he is such a bitch.

Go Richie!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue May 11, 2010 9:52 am

norbs wrote:I see Cadel is whining and bitching on Twitter again. God almighty, I try to like the bloke, but he is such a bitch.

Go Richie!
Then don't pay attention ....

Gotta admit, bad luck for him, but good he didn't get injured.

Puts Astana under pressure early though as well to keep the MR.

I hope that Porte can keep hoing and hold the White Jersey for a while, if not till the end. Nibali will be his main competition though.

Bad luck for VandeVelde though.

Be interesting to see what Wiggins does now, whether he goes for the stage wins or just "trains"

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue May 11, 2010 9:58 am

norbs wrote:I see Cadel is whining and bitching on Twitter again. God almighty, I try to like the bloke, but he is such a bitch.
In order to keep a good impression of him, I unfollowed him a long time ago. You might want to do the same. ;)
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 10:00 am

sogood wrote:
In order to keep a good impression of him, I unfollowed him a long time ago. You might want to do the same. ;)
I started to follow him again to see how he went in the classics.

I think you are right, I should just unfollow him.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 10:53 am

Cadel's last twit was ...
Key to a 3 week stage race? Recovery....that explains why we're (Liquigas, Garmin, Bmc) nearly at our hotel at 1230am...?
or is it this one that you have your knickers in a knot about ..
What a day. 225km or nerves and crosswinds, to be taken out from behind at 9k to go...Grrrr..
If that is what is upsetting you then maybe you should un-follow him as you seem to have a serious issue here.

Personally I like his honesty and that he is human ...

Andrew

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:02 am

apart from being aussie, i like him because he is reputed to be riding clean. it's reasonable to suspect that some of his competitors are not.

his quirkiness is of secondary importance, this isn't australian idol it's pro cycling.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:07 am

Aushiker wrote:
Key to a 3 week stage race? Recovery....that explains why we're (Liquigas, Garmin, Bmc) nearly at our hotel at 1230am...?
What a day. 225km or nerves and crosswinds, to be taken out from behind at 9k to go...Grrrr..
If that is what is upsetting you then maybe you should un-follow him as you seem to have a serious issue here.

Andrew
Gonna +1 Andrew on this

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 am

Aushiker wrote:

Andrew
I assume you are one of his die hard fans. I don't have any serious issues, I just don't like the bloke. I have met him a while back and he was a complete tool then. After some of his out bursts over the last few years, I have even less time for him. You don't mention his diary post anywhere.
My apologies too...after the finish, I firmly defended my young compatriot Richie Porter from the stampede of an inconsiderate cameraman, sorry....I don't have much tolerance for those who treat others like manure.
This from a bloke who has head butted media and lashed out at people. Read his diary and it is littered with his negative rants about one thing or another.

I would much rather read something like this.
bradwiggins : Team Sky all pretty bumped and bruised this morning but it hasn't stopped us laughing, out for another big day today
There are plenty of pro riders on Twitter, not many are as negative as Cadel. You're right, he is honest and human. Obviously a miserable human.

philip

Postby philip » Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 am

Aushiker wrote:If that is what is upsetting you then maybe you should un-follow him as you seem to have a serious issue here.
I think what gets to people is not that he's whinging about things unnecessarily (sure, those things would make you upset), but that he just whinges about these things a lot. Why not write about the positives instead of all the negatives?

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 11:36 am

philip wrote:
Aushiker wrote:If that is what is upsetting you then maybe you should un-follow him as you seem to have a serious issue here.
I think what gets to people is not that he's whinging about things unnecessarily (sure, those things would make you upset), but that he just whinges about these things a lot. Why not write about the positives instead of all the negatives?
That's right. And given this is from the about page on his website.
Pet Hates Smoking. Negative people.
You've gotta laugh!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue May 11, 2010 11:39 am

Who really cares what he twitters twats or whatever they are called.

I just am grateful that there are aussies competing well, and I get to see some of it on TV at last :D

Who cares if his personality doesn't match someone elses ?

Who are we to judge how he behaves/reacts after riding 224km in pretty trying conditions only to lose 40 odd seconds because of someones crash. I'd be !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! as well.

At least it's better than those damn pilotlero salutes and high and mightiness that another cyclist displays....

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:41 am

norbs wrote: I would much rather read something like this.
bradwiggins : Team Sky all pretty bumped and bruised this morning but it hasn't stopped us laughing, out for another big day today
why? it doesn't tell you anything. it's just PR clap trap from the micky malthouse school of media management.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 11:54 am

norbs wrote:I assume you are one of his die hard fans. I don't have any serious issues, I just don't like the bloke. I have met him a while back and he was a complete tool then. After some of his out bursts over the last few years, I have even less time for him. You don't mention his diary post anywhere.
You assume wrong ....

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

MichaelB wrote:Who are we to judge how he behaves/reacts after riding 224km in pretty trying conditions only to lose 40 odd seconds because of someones crash. I'd be !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! as well.

At least it's better than those damn pilotlero salutes and high and mightiness that another cyclist displays....
Plus 1 ....

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue May 11, 2010 11:56 am

norbs wrote:
You've gotta laugh!
and I guess he has problems with you then :)

Andrew

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm

I think the Cadel haters are bigger whingers than he is :lol:

dodge

Postby dodge » Tue May 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:I think the Cadel haters are bigger whingers than he is :lol:
possibly :lol:
Size 14..first of the overeaters

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Aushiker wrote:
norbs wrote:
You've gotta laugh!
and I guess he has problems with you then :)

Andrew
It would certainly make sense, he seems to have problems with most people.

Look out!

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue May 11, 2010 12:17 pm

I think it's great to support Cadel in his quests as he fly the Aussie flag, but I have to say that reading his tweets is not all that interesting. It's not so much there's anything against him, but the fact the content of his tweets are either boring or uninspiring. And last year, in times when there's greatest interest, he goes silent on his tweets. Of course, we are not expecting a literary giant nor making personal friends, so the best solution is to unfollow and just read about his achievements in the regular press. Don't get too personal through Tweeter! Easy. ;)
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.