Message to Cadel for the Giro...

familyguy

Re: Message to Cadel for the Giro...

Postby familyguy » Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

So did Vino say this?
Vino wrote:I wasn't going for the pink jersey ... but I am happy Evans has lost it
Reinforces a few opinions. But elite sports people are rarely friendly to competitors, so its no surprise.

Jim

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue May 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Video highlight of St 3 is out on SBS.
http://player.sbs.com.au/cycling#/cycli ... iddelburg/

The big question is, where the heck are his team mates from BMC Racing? Why did he have to make that long chase solo? Given his race leader position, shouldn't at least some of them be in the front protecting him at the point of the crash? :shock:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue May 11, 2010 12:54 pm

The positive thing to take out of St 3 was that Evans put in a solid chase to limit his losses and looked to be in good form, and that some of the other GC threats didn't gain time on him.

Hopefully the TTT won't be as much of a debarcle as the one in last years TdF.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:26 pm

familyguy wrote:So did Vino say this?
Vino wrote:I wasn't going for the pink jersey ... but I am happy Evans has lost it
who cares what Vino thinks? he should be thankful he's allowed to ride at all, even if i'm not.

damonik

Postby damonik » Tue May 11, 2010 1:47 pm

My favourite quote from the last stage:
"I'm very satisfied to be in the pink," said Vinokourov
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ne ... -Giro-lead

I'm childish enough to admit that I laughed.
Specialized S-Works Roubaix (With electronic Ultegra, oooo the boogey man)

JohnJoyner

Postby JohnJoyner » Tue May 11, 2010 2:25 pm

Reminds me of that Pakistani cricketer from The 12th Man Album... G Whatawanker...

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm

my favorite was Alef Mateefinajarbesideabed :)

El Imbatido

Postby El Imbatido » Tue May 11, 2010 2:39 pm

More good ones:

Wasi acrim
Idsayhis acrim

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 pm

A guy who does THIS can't be bad

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Some positive stuff from Cadel.

Edit. Repost of above. OOps.

Pain Train

Postby Pain Train » Tue May 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Hmm still can’t quite grasp what was bitchy or whining about those comments...

Like many on here, Cadel has grown on me over time. But then again I tend to admire sportsmen more when they're less full of themselves. There're too many GC riders out there (and sprinters) who think that they're the sole source of their success. Cadel's victory salutes are testament to his humility.

And as highlighted by someone else; I’m curious, what would your tweet be after racing 224km and being taken out in the final 9km? I can't say I'd be too upbeat.

Anyway despite the haters, he’s looking strong and in very good form. All the best for the next stage Cadel!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue May 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Pain Train wrote: ....But then again I tend to admire sportsmen more when they're less full of themselves. There're too many GC riders out there (and sprinters) who think that they're the sole source of their success. ....
Agree 100%

My message to Cadel, like a key line from a song I can't remember the name of, but sung by a female,

"Just shutup and ride !!"

And win too !!!! :D

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Just so as people understand, I have a lot of respect for him as a rider. Have done ever since he was young and killing it on MTBs. I jusy have trouble with the crap that spews forth from his mouth.

So in summary for the simple folk. Great rider. !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! off the bike. :lol:

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Tue May 11, 2010 6:07 pm

So next time I dont agree with something a forum member posts, its ok for me to make a personal attack on that member. Knickers in a knot and has a serious problem?

Say I disagreed with something Missy24 wrote, would it be ok for me to make those comments to her? Given that we are all on par here right?

Looks like you have made a new friend eh Norbs, expect to have a shadow from now on.

Personally, while I dont agree with Norbs its not like I cant see where he is coming from. Cadel is sometimes his own worst enemy and hes not as polished a media operator as some athletes. I think its fair to say he polarizes people, he is also open to criticism because thats part of his job.

I think you should play the ball Aushiker and not the man.

Thats all.

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Tue May 11, 2010 6:18 pm

bradwiggins : Team Sky all pretty bumped and bruised this morning but it hasn't stopped us laughing, out for another big day today

Bradley Wiggins NOT whinging? Hes worse in his sleep than Cadel on a bad day. I agree that Cadel is 'sensitive' and it detracts from his achievements, but for the love of all that is holy and sacred in the universe linke bunnies and snowflakes and centerfold virgins... Dont quote Wiggins. Pleeeeeeease!!!

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 11, 2010 8:24 pm

The Womble wrote:bradwiggins : Team Sky all pretty bumped and bruised this morning but it hasn't stopped us laughing, out for another big day today

Bradley Wiggins NOT whinging? Hes worse in his sleep than Cadel on a bad day. I agree that Cadel is 'sensitive' and it detracts from his achievements, but for the love of all that is holy and sacred in the universe linke bunnies and snowflakes and centerfold virgins... Dont quote Wiggins. Pleeeeeeease!!!
Womble, you're right, Wiggo cracks it big time too. I was scrambling for an example, and I chose badly.

And Baldy, thanks mate. A shadow is no problem at all. :D

Wayfarer

Postby Wayfarer » Tue May 11, 2010 8:59 pm

MichaelB wrote: Agree 100%

My message to Cadel, like a key line from a song I can't remember the name of, but sung by a female,

"Just shutup and ride !!"

And win too !!!! :D
The quirky comments are there to entertain lesser minded people than yourself, so if you're as interested in the life of some guy who pushes pedals around an axle for a living as you are, a guy who makes boxes for a living, i can see where you're coming from. However, talk always sells, which be why you see all those media goofs trying to touch his shoulders and.. stuff. Although you and i honestly couldnt care less, some people (believe it or not) actually do care what he thinks. Those people may or may not also enjoy this http://www.eaglefm.com.au/graphics/whocover.jpg

Sometimes I think Cadel would agree.. he doesnt seem like he wants to verbate in front of audiences (haha), and uses that twitter rubbish as a vent.. Who really cares? Enjoy the pedals :)
What are these salesmen peddling?

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue May 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Lots of whingeing about whingeing :? So he's not your typical "We'll take it a day at a time" man, get over it :P

The crash was a shame because the buffer he had over a few of the GC guys was handy given that he'll lose time in the TTT. As sogood has alluded to, no team help for the chase back, ominous. Astana and Liquigas were visible, BMC invisible. For all the talk it may come down to the same old problems for Cadel.
FPR Ragamuffin

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Tue May 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Chuck wrote:Lots of whingeing about whingeing :? So he's not your typical "We'll take it a day at a time" man, get over it :P

The crash was a shame because the buffer he had over a few of the GC guys was handy given that he'll lose time in the TTT. As sogood has alluded to, no team help for the chase back, ominous. Astana and Liquigas were visible, BMC invisible. For all the talk it may come down to the same old problems for Cadel.
No you are

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Tue May 11, 2010 9:56 pm

It looks like Cav maybe right.

maybe the gorilla can't win at this level.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Tue May 11, 2010 10:14 pm

damonik wrote:My favourite quote from the last stage:
"I'm very satisfied to be in the pink," said Vinokourov
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ne ... -Giro-lead

I'm childish enough to admit that I laughed.
No, I think Wiggo was more happy to be in Pink :lol:

The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

shiv

Postby shiv » Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 am

norbs wrote:I see Cadel is whining and bitching on Twitter again. God almighty, I try to like the bloke, but he is such a bitch.

Go Richie!
I must admit I would have a pretty tough time writing something positive after being taken out and losing the jersey because of it. He may be negative but he is honest and an aussie, so I dont mind him. In races like this Ill even support Graeme (Graham?) Brown just coz he is one of us against all of them

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Wed May 12, 2010 6:32 am

I heard that that russian !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! has never publicly appologised for getting caught jabbing horse needles under his eyeballs. I think thats why I want to drown him so much.
Did i use the word !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!? Sorry but they'd edit anything stronger

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed May 12, 2010 8:10 am

The Womble wrote:I heard that that russian w****r has never publicly appologised for getting caught jabbing horse needles under his eyeballs. I think thats why I want to drown him so much.
Which Russian? :roll:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

roller

Postby roller » Wed May 12, 2010 9:02 am

sogood wrote:
The Womble wrote:I heard that that russian w****r has never publicly appologised for getting caught jabbing horse needles under his eyeballs. I think thats why I want to drown him so much.
Which Russian? :roll:
inflammatory statement or idea