SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Vuelta a España, Tour Down Under and more

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:02 pm

nickobec wrote:Friday the finish is on an airfield after the Laurent Jalabert climb in Mende 3.1km at around 10% I have no idea

I'd missed this in a stage that is otherwise noted as 'flat'. No way there is going to be a sprint finish there (at least not with the usual suspects). Helped to push me towards more GC riders than sprinters. I can't work out a way to score on this stage, but maybe nobody else can either.
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

by BNA » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:24 pm

BNA
 

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby nickobec » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:24 pm

jasimon wrote:I'd missed this in a stage that is otherwise noted as 'flat'. No way there is going to be a sprint finish there (at least not with the usual suspects). Helped to push me towards more GC riders than sprinters. I can't work out a way to score on this stage, but maybe nobody else can either.

After watching the Giro and Tirreno-Adriatico my pick would be Evans though half the distance and twice the grade would be more his cup of tea.

Other likely winners Contador, Gesink, Schleck and from the way he rode last night Chavenel.

The problem is GC front runners will be watching each other as usual.
User avatar
nickobec
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:51 pm
Location: Perth or 42km south as the singlespeed flies

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:39 am

Lance is gone and my problem is that he took Jani with him. That's three of my GC starting lineup gone now (including F Schleck). And I was hoping that my GC points would make up for my rather poor stage bonus points. Still hoping for a podium here, but my sights must turn to next year - just like Lance ...
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby norbs » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 am

Ouch, forgot all about this. Just logged in and see 2 of my riders seem to be in no team at all. Hincapie and Nibali. Ah well, I will just hang on to this red lantern thing that seems to have appeared out of no where. :)
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby bella26 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 am

Had 7 of my team in the top 20 last night so have made a little bit of a resurgance. I'll be happy if I can manage to crack the top ten.
2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er
bella26
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby Aushiker » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:54 am

norbs wrote:Ouch, forgot all about this. Just logged in and see 2 of my riders seem to be in no team at all. Hincapie and Nibali. Ah well, I will just hang on to this red lantern thing that seems to have appeared out of no where. :)


Hi

Hincapie is in the league as part of BMC ... you might want to check with Silent Manager if his showing with a white jersey.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19398
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby norbs » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 am

Aushiker wrote:
norbs wrote:Ouch, forgot all about this. Just logged in and see 2 of my riders seem to be in no team at all. Hincapie and Nibali. Ah well, I will just hang on to this red lantern thing that seems to have appeared out of no where. :)


Hi

Hincapie is in the league as part of BMC ... you might want to check with Silent Manager if his showing with a white jersey.

Andrew


Yeah, Hincapie and Nabali both had white jerseys. Ah well, I swapped them out, so hopefully the replacements will do the job. I imagine you all must be shaking in your boots. :)
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Aushiker wrote:
norbs wrote:Ouch, forgot all about this. Just logged in and see 2 of my riders seem to be in no team at all. Hincapie and Nibali. Ah well, I will just hang on to this red lantern thing that seems to have appeared out of no where. :)


Hi

Hincapie is in the league as part of BMC ... you might want to check with Silent Manager if his showing with a white jersey.

Andrew

I noticed they had some 'impostors'. Some riders were in twice, once at a reasonable price with a team affiliation and another with a cheaper price and no affiliation. Could be norbs got the cheap impostor.
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby norbs » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 pm

jasimon wrote:I noticed they had some 'impostors'. Some riders were in twice, once at a reasonable price with a team affiliation and another with a cheaper price and no affiliation. Could be norbs got the cheap impostor.


I think I got 2 of the buggers. :)
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby nickobec » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

jasimon wrote:Lance is gone and my problem is that he took Jani with him. That's three of my GC starting lineup gone now (including F Schleck). And I was hoping that my GC points would make up for my rather poor stage bonus points. Still hoping for a podium here, but my sights must turn to next year - just like Lance ...

My GC is taken a dive too, first Frank, now Lance, only 5 of my 7 GC contenders in scoring position and Wiggins and Roche fading fast.

Add to that getting the Lampre pecking order wrong and picking Bole as lead out and most likely to succeed when Petachi failed (should of picked Turget from BeBox), the Farrar crash and just the wrong bonus stage (4, 5 or 6 and I picked 4, cost me close to 100 points over 5). Stuffing up my transfers late on Friday night and having to use a transfer to get in Thomas to free up cash to sign GC/climbers and not signing Andy.

Still aiming for top 3 here, top 100 finish overall (missed that last year with lousy GC picks) and be ready for next year.
User avatar
nickobec
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:51 pm
Location: Perth or 42km south as the singlespeed flies

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby roller » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:05 pm

After an unimpressive start, EPO Shack team boss roller realistic about their chances after failing to rise in the poitns table. "Our tour is finished, but we're going to hang in there and enjoy our last Tour de France." He was quoted as saying, "The tour is over for us but we'll stay in the race and try and win stages, help the team and appreciate our time here. No tears from me."
Image
User avatar
roller
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: embleton

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby ft_critical » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:02 pm

I am hoping Chavanel doesn't go for it tonight on Bastille Day. I am hoping he waits until the Stage to Mende. Not quite as much of a fairytale, but three stages in the TDF would be great. Not sure it is the best Fantasy Tour decision, but hey, I have always liked him for the same reasons I like Jens (although in a French way - i.e., a little more erratic.) So Chav is in my team from Stage 11.

Chapeau Chav.
User avatar
ft_critical
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm
Location: Slowing and Fattening :-)

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Shame that Husovd has lost the green jersey. I was getting used to the steady accumulation of minor points from Thor. Means I'll have to think about burning a transfer to get Petacchi in before the mountains... unless Thor can win it back. Decisions, decisions.

I've revised my podium expectations - I think the Brown Trousers are setting up perfectly for a last minute lunge for the line using their stage 19 bonus.

Anyone think Lance can get a few high placings in the coming mountains?
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby cherrycam » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:53 pm

jasimon wrote:I've revised my podium expectations - I think the Brown Trousers are setting up perfectly for a last minute lunge for the line using their stage 19 bonus.


Also of concern are those that have a mountain stage still to come as their bonus stage, although looking at BNA sample their aren't too many, with I think HTFU and Purple Haze being the best placed of these. The notable thing here is that having a bonus mountain stage is more compatible with the stages around it compared to having bonus stage for ITT.

bella26 wrote:Had 7 of my team in the top 20 last night so have made a little bit of a resurgance. I'll be happy if I can manage to crack the top ten.

I don't think you'll have too many problems there if things go anywhere near expectations!

Another shake out will happen when final standings points are given, as some teams don't have any GC in their original teams. Again, that is if any of GC chosen finish as expected. Of mine Schlek, Contador, Kreuziger, Roche as hoped; Wiggins, Armstrong below expectations; Schlek F out.
cherrycam
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby Ruski73 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:07 am

jasimon wrote:Shame that Husovd has lost the green jersey. I was getting used to the steady accumulation of minor points from Thor. Means I'll have to think about burning a transfer to get Petacchi in before the mountains... unless Thor can win it back. Decisions, decisions.

I've revised my podium expectations - I think the Brown Trousers are setting up perfectly for a last minute lunge for the line using their stage 19 bonus.

Anyone think Lance can get a few high placings in the coming mountains?


Yes. Decisions indeed.

The trousers are caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment. Would that make it a wedgie? Or rather ... caught between a mountain and a relatively flat place. Ciolek in for Moreau for stage 13 for some sneaky points? I dunno. Got to take the kids to football now so have five minutes to decide. :?

Should have a kick bottom TT team for Stage 19 but might lose out in 18 and 20. This plus AFL dreamteam has taken over my life.
User avatar
Ruski73
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:54 am

Thankfully Thor grabbed the green jersey back on stage 12 with the intermediate sprints so I didn't need to stress over that decision.

I have noted, however, the the points for stage 12 seem to be messed up. They allocated them based on the GC standing rather than the stage standing - as best I can tell. That suggests there will be a minor recalculation coming up. (Which will likely hurt me as I don't have all my GC guys in here at the moment.)
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 am

Lloyd Mondory - Mountain Man!

Can someone explain what a sprinter like that is doing finishing fourth on a mountain stage?
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby reeves » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:08 am

I've got him in at the moment so :D :D :D
EMC2 Team Equip
COLNAGO Dream Lux
Image
Image
User avatar
reeves
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: Ellenbrook Perth

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby bella26 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 am

Team HTFU has launched into the top ten. I have my bonus stage coming up as well so have my fingers crossed I might be able to get in to the top 5.
2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er
bella26
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby bella26 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:24 am

Bonus stage coming up and with 1 transfer remaining I'm tossing up whether I leave the team how it is - stacked with GC riders or whether I trade one of the GC guys out and put Thor back in - given I'm fairly confident he could retain the green....
2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er
bella26
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby roller » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 am

so, eh, mr nickobek, which riders do you think's are going to do well in the time trial stage? :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
roller
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: embleton

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby ft_critical » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:30 pm

The rankings are all frabstered on the website. :roll:
User avatar
ft_critical
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm
Location: Slowing and Fattening :-)

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby jasimon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:40 pm

What is it with sprinters doing well on the mountain stages? First Mondory, now Thor and Ciolek. What is worse, I made the silly choice to keep Wiggins instead of Thor at the beginning of the mountains. That is going to cost me 20-25 points (unless the miraculous happens and Wiggins places on the Tourmalet and blitzes the ITT). Oh well, live and learn.
User avatar
jasimon
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Riding

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby nickobec » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm

roller wrote:so, eh, mr nickobek, which riders do you think's are going to do well in the time trial stage?

Pick a few numbers between 1 and 219

The way I have selecting riders Frank Schleck, Ivan Basso, Bradley Wiggins and Lance Armstrong for the GC, Tyler Farrar and Gregor Bole for the sprints, Cadel Evan, Ivan Basso and Roman Kreuziger for mountains. You really want some numbers from me?

1, 9, 13, 25, 31, 44, 59, 115, 161, 168, 191

I will avoid picking riders just for the ITT, I will use my remaining transfers to get in sprinters for Friday night's stage (leaving in competent ITTs for Saturday), then add 3 more sprinters for Sunday.

If I was brave and thought about this before I could of had the Champs-Elysees as my bonus stage with a team stacked full of sprinters.

Started with 5 GC contenders, Cancellera and 3 sprinters, then swap out the 5 GC contenders for 5 sprinters before stage 1.
2nd transfer window opens, transfer out Cancellera and 4 sprinters for climbers in the Alps
3rd transfer window opens, tranfers out 2 more sprinter (still leaving 2 sprinters on squad better of been Thor, Ciolek or Rojas) for 2 more climbers.
After climbing Tourmalet for 2nd time transfer in 3 sprinters for the GC/climber guys who don't ITT
Post ITT transfer in 3 more sprinters - so 8 out 9 in your squad are the proven sprinters for the final day.
(only scheduled 5 of 6 transfer in 1st 3 periods for those accidents/injuries and form losses).
User avatar
nickobec
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:51 pm
Location: Perth or 42km south as the singlespeed flies

Re: SBS RaboDirect Tour de France Fantasy

Postby cherrycam » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 pm

bella26 wrote:Bonus stage coming up and with 1 transfer remaining I'm tossing up whether I leave the team how it is - stacked with GC riders or whether I trade one of the GC guys out and put Thor back in - given I'm fairly confident he could retain the green....


You need to compare the five points I assume he will get on the next stage to who you can replace him with - ie who will finish in the top 17. Otherwise trade him (or someone else) in for the next stage. I am pretty confident that Thor wont finish in the top 20 next stage! Wiggins would be the one to trade out but that doesn't give you enough dosh.
Last edited by cherrycam on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cherrycam
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 pm

PreviousNext

Return to International and National Tours and Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist