New Shot at Aussie Team

Chuck

Re: New Shot at Aussie Team

Postby Chuck » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Langeveld signed....
Bannan says Dutchman is "on the verge of the best part of his career"
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/langeve ... -greenedge

Only 26 and his biggest win was earlier this year....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/66th-o ... hc/results

could be a nice signing.
FPR Ragamuffin

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:35 pm

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news

Sebastian Langeveld building a very good Classics squad, will be very intrested what the next couple of signings will be. Tony Martin has'nt annouced where his heading just yet and i reckon he would be a awesome guy to get on the squad. Also could run as a GC contender should they get invited to the GT's.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

New Shot at Aussie Team

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:52 am

GE have just announced on twitter their latest signing is the only Aussie with stage wins in all three grand tours, Simon Gerrans.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Was always a big chance of signing, wasted as a dom at sky. Can really concentrate on doing well in the Ardennes next year without pressure to be there in July. Could really focus April with a look at continuing the form into May if Greenedge do the Giro.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am

RICHARDH wrote:Was always a big chance of signing, wasted as a dom at sky. Can really concentrate on doing well in the Ardennes next year without pressure to be there in July. Could really focus April with a look at continuing the form into May if Greenedge do the Giro.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 pm

GreenEDGE Cycling
(AT)_GreenEDGE_ GreenEDGE Cycling
A big week of rider announcements ahead
_GreenEDGE_ GreenEDGE Cycling
Joining GreenEDGE - Jens Mouris, triple Olympian& former winner of the season long TrackWorldCup series in the Madison & indivdual pursuit.
I also heard that Cav is going to reveal which team he will gone this week, coincidence ? :wink:

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Simon Clarke announced looks like a lot of aussie's that have been there or there about's are going to get a chance. Will be interesting to see if any really shines in a more nationalistic team.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 am

I really hope Jono Cantwell gets a ride at GE.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Svein Tuft joins his a really strong rider wonder how they will use him

“I’ll be one of the workhorses on the team but I also have some personal ambitions in shorter stage races that have good time trials in them and, as always, the time trial at the world championships and the 2012 London Olympics are my major objectives,” said Tuft
Seems to tick all there box's, small stage race's and some to work hard in the Classic's.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Are they going to have a development squad ? I'd like to see the Australian U23 road champ Ben Dyball given a go somewhere. No idea what he's been doing since he won the national title though :?

Tuft a good signing :)
FPR Ragamuffin

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

There was supposed to be some announcement some time soon on the developmental squad, i think it will basically be the Jayco-AIS plus some of the other domestic teams.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 am

I find it interesting at some of the names that haven't announced what team they are riding for - Gossy, Matt Lloyd just to name two ...

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Chuck wrote:Are they going to have a development squad ? I'd like to see the Australian U23 road champ Ben Dyball given a go somewhere. No idea what he's been doing since he won the national title though :?

Tuft a good signing :)
Womens team should be announced soon also - should be a few HTC riders in there (from the HTC womens team I mean).

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm

The Aussie Women may actually be the big winners with Greenedge, there is plenty of talent out there. Correct me if I'm wrong but i thought Stapleton was keeping the Womens team going? Shame if they are also folding, they were really the shinning light in Womens racing on how in should be done

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:12 pm

RICHARDH wrote:The Aussie Women may actually be the big winners with Greenedge, there is plenty of talent out there. Correct me if I'm wrong but i thought Stapleton was keeping the Womens team going? Shame if they are also folding, they were really the shinning light in Womens racing on how in should be done
Oh I think Garmin-Cervelo are pretty good at holding that torch also. G-C and HTC are the only 2 womens teams that pay all of their riders a minimum salary by choice.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm

MichaelB wrote:I find it interesting at some of the names that haven't announced what team they are riding for - Gossy, Matt Lloyd just to name two ...
Goss has stated that he wont announce his new team until after September 1.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Anyone else pick up on a tweet today saying they were going to announce another big engine rider only to have nothing all day and then have the tweet deleted. Something obviously went wrong at the last minute?

They have been pretty measured in the way they have released the riders, I'm guessing they are holding certain riders that have signed back from being announced till they believe they'll get maximum media coverage. They released four Aussie's first then they have released four international's, seems like its pretty deliberate.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 am

The game they are playing is getting annoying. It is marketing and gaining exposure as many times as possible, so know why they are doing it, but just get annoyed with it.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 am

+1

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 am

Two more signings announced....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/baden-c ... ge-in-2012

Can't get excited about Cooke, it's been slim pickings for a fair while now. Not sure what his role is anymore or what it will be at GE.

He'll win a classic for sure now :P
FPR Ragamuffin

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:03 am

The latest Ride cycling review has a short summary of rider transfers - and has Julian Dean and Heinrich Haussler listed as tranfers to GreenEdge :shock:

Wishful thinking/assumption or inside information? if its true then they are 2 great signings.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 am

On the other side of the media announcements - the team has to keep the media and fans excited .. and keep them returning lest they be forgotten.
While just a small point, I wouldn't have deleted the tweet, instead followed up.

Dean and Haussler... could be good to create a nicely balanced, and Oceania :) strong team .
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:52 am

AUbicycles wrote: ....
Dean and Haussler... could be good to create a nicely balanced, and Oceania :) strong team .
No idea re Dean, but didn't Haussler sign a 2 year deal ?

Going on the Vuelta selection, if Vaughters knew Hassler was going, he wouldn't be there. Mind you, with Thor gone, is this Haussler's chance to be the leader in the cobbled/hilly classics ?

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:15 pm

No massive shock there, seems like there getting a really good mix of internationals though. Teklehaimanot and Beppu should get regular mentions in the coverage at the very least.