2011 Tour de France

Hangdog98

Re: HIJACKED BY MEXICANS!

Postby Hangdog98 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:03 pm

He's a Cats fan.
I'm pretty sure he has a dog, not a cat. Remember the "don't stand on my dog or I cut off your head" quote? Yes, definitely a dog fan. Unless "cats" refers to a group of men who chase each other around a field after a ball... nah, that still sounds like something a dog would do. :P Maybe you're referring to the lion one gets with the malliot jeune, that's a cat I suppose. I like them too.

This is a Mexican cat:
This is a dog...........................................This is a stuffed lion toy
This appears to be a bear dressed as a cat. (confused Mexican)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm

David_G wrote:He's a Cats fan.
Phew, that's all right then, thanks Dave.

I can almost hear Eddie plotting now...

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

David_G

Postby David_G » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
David_G wrote:He's a Cats fan.
Phew, that's all right then, thanks Dave.

I can almost hear Eddie plotting now...

Shaun

It's OK we're fine with him being a Cat, as long as he barracks for someone it's all good.
Maybe we'll get to see him at the finals. I'm pretty sure the Mighty Pies are going to meet up with the Cats sometime in September or hopefully early October
I just love riding my bike!

Hangdog98

Re: 2011 Tour de France

Postby Hangdog98 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 am

I'm sorry, does this mean he is also a fan of the pies at the venue where cats play?
I knew of a Chinese restaurant in Melbourne that had no cats playing anywhere nearby...
They didn't sell pies though. :shock:

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

Hangdog98 wrote: This appears to be a bear dressed as a cat. (confused Mexican)
+1
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:33 pm

anyone else suffering TdF withdrawals?
http://www.roadbikerider.com/current-ne ... cotts-spin
SCOTT'S SPIN

Crazy Race
Dr. Froid: Come in. Have a seat. So, what made you decide to seek counseling?

Me: I feel like things are spiraling out of control . . . . Say, I thought you guys all had couches. I just finished a hard ride and wouldn’t mind putting my feet up.

Dr. F: That’s only in New Yorker cartoons. Please continue.

Me: I’m depressed. No energy. Life seems hopeless, empty. I’m easily distracted. Sometimes I get really angry. And I feel isolated. I have nothing to say even to family and close friends.

Dr. F: How long have you been feeling this way?

Me: Ten days.

Dr. F: Did something happen ten days ago?

Me: Duh. The Tour de France ended.

Dr. F: The Tour de France?

Me: It’s the biggest bike race in the world with nonstop TV and online coverage and this year’s race was fantastic with Cadel and Andy battling it out and that final time trial was unbelievable, not to mention the crashes and the Alps and Cav winning the green jersey plus Thor putting the hammer down while . . .

Dr. F: So now the Tour is over, you’re saying . . .

Me: I’m suffering from Tour withdrawal. You gotta help me, doc.

Dr. F: It’s perfectly natural to experience a letdown after watching an exciting sporting event, but in time . . .

Me: You don’t understand! I can’t live without the Tour. Believe me, I’ve tried. Last week I bought three BMC bikes, just like Cadel’s. I changed my entire wardrobe to yellow. Each morning I sing the Australian national anthem: Australians all let us rejoice . . .

Dr. F: Please sit down. I’m going to prescribe you an anti-depressant called Perkinup.

Me: Bless you. Wait -- what if I get drug-tested after tomorrow’s ride?

Parrott

2011 Tour de France

Postby Parrott » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm

I am missing it too but it was pretty grueling with sleep deprivation. The rest of the family are happy it's over

Bring on next year they'll have forgotten it by then :)

Hangdog98

Postby Hangdog98 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:05 am

Woo Hoo, Cadel has returned to Victoria to celebrate Collingwood's win in the Tour De France. What a great day for ALL Collingwood supporters. This historic TDF victory by Collingwood will remain as one of the highlights of the 2011 AFL DVD set.

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Hangdog98 wrote:Woo Hoo, Cadel has returned to Victoria to celebrate Collingwood's win in the Tour De France. What a great day for ALL Collingwood supporters. This historic TDF victory by Collingwood will remain as one of the highlights of the 2011 AFL DVD set.
:roll:
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:29 pm

I was going for St Kilda (Cadel road along St Kilda road for the victory parade), a very exciting match of football.

If you are suffering withdrawal symptoms - then get onto Eurosport and tune into the Eneco Tour in Belgium. Second last stage running right about now and final stage tomorro night. Although Cadel pops up again in the US pro cycling challenge in Colorado starting on Aug 22, the Tour of Spain on 21 will get coverage on Eurosport.
Cycling is in my BNA

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Just a heads up for anyone wanting the 2011 Le Tour DVD. I just received my copy from JB Hi Fi, it's near on 10hours worth of coverage and it cost me $30 delivered ordering online. Pretty reasonable I thought.
Hangdog98 wrote:Woo Hoo, Cadel has returned to Victoria to celebrate Collingwood's win in the Tour De France. What a great day for ALL Collingwood supporters. This historic TDF victory by Collingwood will remain as one of the highlights of the 2011 AFL DVD set.
Maybe you could order the 2011 AFL GF DVD at the same time so you can continue to "celebrate" :P
FPR Ragamuffin

F1F1

Postby F1F1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:03 am

Can anyone help me? I was on the Champs Elysees for the TdF 2011 final and set my recorder at home to record that stage. The power went off and nothing was recorded! I've got the SBS DVD, but it only covers parts of the Paris laps. Can anyone let me know if they have a copy of the complete SBS telecast of the final stage in Paris? I've tried SBS and they can't help.

roller

Postby roller » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 pm

F1F1 wrote:Can anyone help me? I was on the Champs Elysees for the TdF 2011 final and set my recorder at home to record that stage. The power went off and nothing was recorded! I've got the SBS DVD, but it only covers parts of the Paris laps. Can anyone let me know if they have a copy of the complete SBS telecast of the final stage in Paris? I've tried SBS and they can't help.
try here
inflammatory statement or idea

F1F1

Postby F1F1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 pm

roller wrote:
F1F1 wrote:Can anyone help me? I was on the Champs Elysees for the TdF 2011 final and set my recorder at home to record that stage. The power went off and nothing was recorded! I've got the SBS DVD, but it only covers parts of the Paris laps. Can anyone let me know if they have a copy of the complete SBS telecast of the final stage in Paris? I've tried SBS and they can't help.
try here
Thanks very much Roller: just what I needed!