Fantasy Tour De France

norbs

Re: Fantasy Tour De France

Postby norbs » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 am

jasimon wrote:
norbs wrote:
Zynster wrote:No points for TTT. :?

I wasn't even getting points for the 1st stage.

Will look again.
Two options: 1) You submitted your team after the deadline for stage one (6pm July 2 AEST) or 2) Your team was/is incomplete (including bonus stage and bonus team) and hasn't officially been submitted as a result.

I note a few teams that haven't scored any points for the first round because they haven't been completed.

Logged in under last years username I think.

Logged in again with new user and all is good. 88 points apparently. :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 am

norbs wrote:Logged in again with new user and all is good. 88 points apparently. :)
The leagues are not updated as yet but by the looks of things. The whole process is pretty poor.

Andrew
Andrew

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:18 am

Go Cuddles!

I don't have him in my team... but I considered it sort of a diversification strategy. If Cuddles goes well I feel good because he's Australian, if he doesn't at least I have my fantasy team performance to console myself with. (Of course Nick and Cameron are showing you can have your cake and eat it too - but I like to delude myself that I'm going to catch them through some stroke of genius later on.)

Alex Sniga

Postby Alex Sniga » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:31 am

I'm a bit confused about the meaning of "best rank". Is it the best rank that my team ever got, or is it the best rank of all teams participating?
It would help to see the list of all teams and who is winning etc, but couldn't find it anywhere.

cherrycam

Postby cherrycam » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Alex Sniga wrote:I'm a bit confused about the meaning of "best rank". Is it the best rank that my team ever got, or is it the best rank of all teams participating?
It would help to see the list of all teams and who is winning etc, but couldn't find it anywhere.
I think that best rank is supposed to be your best rank, but before the game started, everyone started with a rank of 1. Hence it remains your best rank.

I like the game, but the system and interface leave a lot to be desired.

You can see a list of the top twenty teams and any mini leagues you are in. I would have thought that would be enough? The leaderboard gives you an idea of where leaders might be at but it is a bit deceptive early on as they all have used their bonus stage.

cherrycam

Postby cherrycam » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:21 pm

jasimon wrote:Go Cuddles!

I don't have him in my team... but I considered it sort of a diversification strategy. If Cuddles goes well I feel good because he's Australian, if he doesn't at least I have my fantasy team performance to console myself with. (Of course Nick and Cameron are showing you can have your cake and eat it too - but I like to delude myself that I'm going to catch them through some stroke of genius later on.)
As much as I like Cadel, I try to choose my team on merit for the game. I considered him in the top 5 of being near the top on GC, so he was in my start team. Then he was a reasonable shot at stages 1 and competitive in stage 4 so I left him in, being happy enough to leave out Cav for stage 1. (Turns out if you picked the right GC contenders you could have done more of this, and thru to stage 4, but at that stage I was thinking that Petacchi wasn't out of calculations for stage 1)

So he then did well in stage 1, and no points were riding on stage two being the TTT, so I waited. Then it was evident he was likely to very well on stage 4 and likely to pick up the yellow jersey (but for the unbelievable ride by Hushovd), so didn't move him out for Cav for stage 3. I wanted to trade Feillu for Cav but I was 500k euro short - thankfully as it turns out. It would have been good for my team had Cadel got yellow, because I would have retained him through the next 3 sprint stages (incl bonus stage), and likely further, and had a trade up my sleeve. But it is good for Cadel that he doesn't have yellow, and hopefully Thor can retain it till the Pyrenees (hmm don't know) or it gets picked up by a breakaway on stage 8.

Todays trades: Gilbert and Evans out, Cavendish and Bozic in.

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm

cherrycam wrote: As much as I like Cadel, I try to choose my team on merit for the game...
Well, I was mostly as dispassionate. I didn't choose him because I thought Sammy Sanchez was a better bet for a high GC finish and didn't think about any GC guys for stages 1 and 4.

Actually, that's not entirely true - I chose Sammy Sanchez because millions of punters thought he was a better bet for a top 10 finish than Cadel. Because, the truth be told, I know squat about cyclists.

cherrycam

Postby cherrycam » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:37 pm

cherrycam wrote:Todays trades: Gilbert and Evans out, Cavendish and Bozic in.
This was a slightly mitigated disaster. Cav in was good, but Gilbert out - only time will tell how many points that will cost. Cadel looks like he his intent on finishing at the front of the field too. And Bozic did well - in the intermediate sprint.

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:23 am

Not a bad haul for my bonus stage: 1,2,3,7,9 and 14.

(Although really well done by Cameron - 1,2,3,4,7,9 and 13 - 4th place overall at the moment - noice!)

Just a shame that there was that crash that separated Farrar and EBH from the final sprint and caused one of my GC picks (Wiggo) to retire.

And now for the Massif Central.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Fantasy Tour De France

Postby im_no_pro » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:16 pm

And there's my team gone. Brought in vinokourov and JVDB today, both abandon and I only have one transfer left.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

Luke Brown

Postby Luke Brown » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:53 pm

I think I am cursing riders.

I replaced wiggins for JVDB :(

velocopedant

Postby velocopedant » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 pm

It's official, I have no clue. Lost patience with L.L.Sanchez and sold him before Sunday's stage. :oops:

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Fantasy Tour De France

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm

im_no_pro wrote:And there's my team gone. Brought in vinokourov and JVDB today, both abandon and I only have one transfer left.
And I have Flecha :(
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

heay

Postby heay » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Stop your complaining. I had Wiggins, JVBD, Horner, but I replaced them with Farrar, Renshaw and Contador (still don't like him). I was doing ok but lost alot of points due to no sprinters. Think I may have fixed that problem now.

What I can not work out is why is it telling me Cadel is my worst rider?

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 pm

almost brought in LL Sanchez and Voeckler but chose against it felt like a absolute dill by the end of stage 9
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

cherrycam

Postby cherrycam » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm

1,2,3,4,5 ca ching (+14,15). Didn't score with Cadel or Farrar, and importantly others didn't score with Galimzyanov. Hope for a similar haul tonight, although you never know what is going to happen. My original team included Schleck A, Contador, Evans, Sanchez S and Gesink, so haven't lost any yet although how Gesink and Contador will fare with their injuries remains to be seen, and Sanchez has also lost some time.

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Congrats.

Only 1,2,3,4 (+14 and 15) in my case - enough to keep me on the cusp of the top 100. In my case Cadel is fine because he scored more than Pettachi over the past three stages (and it will be four after tonight regardless of where Pettachi finishes).

My original team had Basso and Wiggins (and RadioShack) instead of Cadel. With hindsight I'd take Cadel over Basso, but at the time it made sense.

Roll on the Mountains.

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:18 am

Not a bad stage again: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 12. In particular, Ciolek collected some points. I was beginning to rue my choice as I'm stuck with him for a while. But at least he was better than Pettachi - although not as good as Feillu, who others more adept at this than me have on their teams. Hopefully enough to get me solidly into the top 100.

stevecassidy

Postby stevecassidy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 am

Nice to see Sanchez win last night since I'd swapped Cav out for him the day before, but for some reason I didn't get any points for him even though the transfer is listed as 13/07/2011 22:21:00 -- what gives?

Steve
Where's your next race? cabici.net lists bike races in Sydney

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

They haven't updated yet - bit slow today.

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

Still no update!

Martin
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Go Cameron!

I really think you are in with a chance. So I am rooting for you.

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:05 am

I just visited the SBS fantasy page and got a Google Safe Browsing malware alert. Anyone else get this? Anyone seen anything suspicious going on with the fantasy game site?

(The only odd thing I noticed was that last night something flash based locked up my browser and computer and consumed 1GB of memory - but on a Mac that is par for the course for Flash so I didn't think more of it)

hosko

Postby hosko » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:19 am

My anti-virus was giving me Malware alerts on the site last night... looks like something has happened to their site.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

heay

Postby heay » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:16 pm

jasimon wrote:I just visited the SBS fantasy page and got a Google Safe Browsing malware alert. Anyone else get this? Anyone seen anything suspicious going on with the fantasy game site?

(The only odd thing I noticed was that last night something flash based locked up my browser and computer and consumed 1GB of memory - but on a Mac that is par for the course for Flash so I didn't think more of it)
They have put an update of the problem on FB stating the knwo of the problem and they have people on to it. They have said there is no Malware on the site and will keep updating to allow those whom use the site as to what is going on.