2012 Racing Season

briztoon

Luke Durbridge

Postby briztoon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Luke Durbridge has given away his track Olympic dream.

Durbridge switches focus to road with track worlds off the agenda

I wonder what chance we see both Durbridge and Cam Meyer in the GE TDF team.

number21

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby number21 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 pm

briztoon wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:Does Andy know where Italy and Spain are?
When does Contadors' suspension end? Is he back in time for the Vuelta?
Yup, I think in August he is allowed to race. Needs to find a team in the meantime.

Thats another GT for him I guess.

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 pm

number21 wrote:
briztoon wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:Does Andy know where Italy and Spain are?
When does Contadors' suspension end? Is he back in time for the Vuelta?
Yup, I think in August he is allowed to race. Needs to find a team in the meantime.

Thats another GT for him I guess.

I hear that GreenEdge will have a rider retire (and therefore an empty and available squad place) in May.

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:57 am

Good thinking. Robbie retires, Bertie in, Vuelta to Greenedge. Awesome.

And yes I realise I'm probably one of the few people on here that likes Bertie. :D
Certified Brand Snob

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 am

Daccordi Rider wrote:Good thinking. Robbie retires, Bertie in, Vuelta to Greenedge. Awesome.

And yes I realise I'm probably one of the few people on here that likes Bertie. :D
And I thought I liked you ..... :x

Whilst I admire his skills and capabilities, can't stand the guy personally. Much like Schumacher - awesome driver, but personally a tosser. Same for Bertie.

Shame on you Mr D.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 am

Robbie McEwen opens GreenEdge account in Singapore crit

6 man breakaway and a text-book sprint by Robbie
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:40 am

MichaelB wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:Good thinking. Robbie retires, Bertie in, Vuelta to Greenedge. Awesome.

And I thought I liked you ..... :x

Whilst I admire his skills and capabilities, can't stand the guy personally. Much like Schumacher - awesome driver, but personally a tosser. Same for Bertie.

Shame on you Mr D.
See I loved the way he fought out last years tour. Lots of bad luck, tired body, ordinary team but you did not hear him complain and he just kept attacking them. Watching him attack up a hill is a thing of beauty. :twisted:

You want tossers, try team Frandy. Them's tossers my friend. 8)
Certified Brand Snob

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:44 am

Daccordi Rider wrote:You want tossers, try team Frandy. Them's tossers my friend. 8)
Or Team Sky.

number21

Postby number21 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Daccordi Rider wrote:
See I loved the way he fought out last years tour. Lots of bad luck, tired body, ordinary team but you did not hear him complain and he just kept attacking them. Watching him attack up a hill is a thing of beauty. :twisted:
Agreed. To me he became more human in last years tour.

Unfortunately its just one of those human conditions, like as previously mentioned M. Schumacher, you get so tired of them winning all the time you find reasons not to like them. But from all accounts they're mostly decent blokes good at what they do. Not trying to sound superior or anything cause I'm guilty of it too. Just don't get me started on that little German prick Vettel...

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 pm

briztoon wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:You want tossers, try team Frandy. Them's tossers my friend. 8)
Or Team Sky.
The only down side to Eurosport is having to listen to the commentators bleat on about how good Bradley is. It would appear he has the TDF wrapped up already. :roll: I hope he and Cav have a punch up over who gets support, prefferably during a stage.
Certified Brand Snob

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:28 pm

number21 wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:
Agreed. To me he became more human in last years tour.

Unfortunately its just one of those human conditions, like as previously mentioned M. Schumacher, you get so tired of them winning all the time you find reasons not to like them. But from all accounts they're mostly decent blokes good at what they do. Not trying to sound superior or anything cause I'm guilty of it too. Just don't get me started on that little German p&*ck Vettel...
Yep, he needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Funny that he is German like Schuey ....

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 am

Nice result for Greenedge 8)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tirren ... -1/results

Let's hope this is the trigger for some results in the bigger races coming up shortly. A stage win for Goss would be a great confidence booster for his upcoming defence of MSR.
FPR Ragamuffin

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

I watched the Gerrans sprint a couple of times last night. Knowing that he came from no where, I kept and eye on where he was. He was left of screen the entire time. But way back. Then you see 7 riders in the overhead shot. No Gerrans. But when he comes through he is flying. Just a matter of a split second late. To do that he has to have great form.

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:24 pm

ft_critical wrote:I watched the Gerrans sprint a couple of times last night. Knowing that he came from no where, I kept and eye on where he was. He was left of screen the entire time. But way back. Then you see 7 riders in the overhead shot. No Gerrans. But when he comes through he is flying. Just a matter of a split second late. To do that he has to have great form.
I saw Gerrans come flying up the outside and new he just left it to late. I was really hoping he would have another go last night, but crashed on a traffic Island with a couple of k's to go. :(

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice result for Greenedge 8)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tirren ... -1/results

Let's hope this is the trigger for some results in the bigger races coming up shortly. A stage win for Goss would be a great confidence booster for his upcoming defence of MSR.

Man, GE is built for Time Trialing, if they can't win the TT's they're in big trouble.

I'm worried whether they'll pick up enough WT points for next season. GE will really heavily on Gerrans and Goss to bring home the wins this season.

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Happy to see Westra get the win. Goes to show that attacking does pay dividends. Not every time (failed two previous stages) but eventually.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Nobody is talking about Cam Meyer at Tirreno-Adriatico but he's snuck into 3rd place overall only 13 seconds down....
  • General classification after stage 4
    1 Christopher Horner (USA) RadioShack-Nissan 19:01:54
    2 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Astana Pro Team 0:00:07
    3 Cameron Meyer (Aus) GreenEdge Cycling Team 0:00:13
    4 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:21
    5 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 0:00:22
    6 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:30
    7 Paolo Tiralongo (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:00:32
    8 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:34
    9 Joaquin Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha Team 0:00:35
    10 Rinaldo Nocentini (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:36
We know he's good against the clock but does anyone think he can pull back 13 seconds from Horner in 9kms on the final stage? A tough ask given Horner's abilities but maybe a sneaky chance?

Still probably best not to look too far ahead after what happened to Levi last night at Paris-Nice....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leiphei ... -remaining
FPR Ragamuffin

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Chuck wrote:Nobody is talking about Cam Meyer at Tirreno-Adriatico but he's snuck into 3rd place overall only 13 seconds down....
Nice pick up Chuck. Hadn't noticed that myself.

Poor Levi. I felt sorry for him in Nice. But he showed his experience. If you are going to crash, might as well crash into the medical motorcycle. He looked shattered after it, confidence.

Race to the sun, and how well are Vacen Solei (spelling) doing?

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:11 pm

ft_critical wrote: Poor Levi. I felt sorry for him in Nice.

He looked shattered after it, confidence.
Yeah felt for him too. I think he really fancied his chances of pulling back the ten seconds on Wiggins tonight. Would have been exciting.
FPR Ragamuffin

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 pm

ft_critical wrote:
Chuck wrote:Nobody is talking about Cam Meyer at Tirreno-Adriatico but he's snuck into 3rd place overall only 13 seconds down....
Nice pick up Chuck. Hadn't noticed that myself.

Poor Levi. I felt sorry for him in Nice. But he showed his experience. If you are going to crash, might as well crash into the medical motorcycle. He looked shattered after it, confidence.

Race to the sun, and how well are Vacen Solei (spelling) doing?
Another good showing for GE :mrgreen:

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Um, can we wait until after the mountain stages are finished to see what the final time gaps are between Horner and the rest of the field. In saying that, I was rather impressed with Cam Meyer last night. I thought after the flat stages that the GreenEdge boys would struggle.

Oh #(AT)* no coverage on Eurosport tonight. :(

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 am

Fair point briz :) I didn't realize the queen stage was still to be run :oops: changes things a tad.
FPR Ragamuffin

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 am

Good on Wiggo... he has to be motivated this year!. 101km of ITT's in the TDF then into the Olympics!.
Let's see if he gets it right this year.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Good on Wiggo... he has to be motivated this year!. 101km of ITT's in the TDF then into the Olympics!.
+1

I think he's good for cycling. I remember being very impressed with him at a press conference he gave after his Cofidis team left the 07 Tour when one of it's riders tested positive. He was pragmatic and articulate imho.

I think he's a genuine contender for this years Tour. Some who feel he's not able to win a GT might point to last years Vuelta, but there'll be nothing like Angliru at the Tour and twice the ITTing. If he times his conditioning right he'll be in amongst it for the overall.
FPR Ragamuffin

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm

A few dissappointments in early form. BMC - Evans, Thor and Gilbert, all looking a bit flat. I think it will be interesting to watch them and see how long it takes to get form from where they are. Are they underdone for this time of year?
Goss, Tony Martin?

Let's not mention Menchov and Basso, oops I just did.

Bit early of course but looking good.

Classics, Fabian, Boonen, Oscar, Hausler (ish), the Missle (killer form), Westra, Sagan... etc
Tours, is Wiggo too early, everyone else either hasn't raced or is looking poor.