The 2012 TdF dopers thread

norbs

Re: The 2012 TdF dopers thread

Postby norbs » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 am

exadios wrote:I'm surprised that some of the teams are not sponsored by drug manufacturers.
What about the Tour of California? :)

maryusdemetry

Postby maryusdemetry » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:42 am

Cadel won't make the podium I fear.
Voekler deserved that win. He rode those climbs so consistently strong.

vander

Postby vander » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:52 am

Schlecks B sample positive
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/frank-s ... -confirmed

Anyone believe this rubbish he is coming up with about being poisoned. They should get a more severe punishment if they lie about it. Sick of the doping in the sport and the fact that now you cannot trust any riders.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

exadios wrote:I'm surprised that some of the teams are not sponsored by drug manufacturers.
Omega Pharma is a pharmaceutical company.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Sharkey wrote:
Don't forget the high rotation ads for a "performance enhancing" drug every night

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm

vander wrote:Schlecks B sample positive
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/frank-s ... -confirmed

Anyone believe this rubbish he is coming up with about being poisoned. They should get a more severe punishment if they lie about it. Sick of the doping in the sport and the fact that now you cannot trust any riders.
The diuretic found in the swab is a dangerous drug to take while performing high intensity physical effort.

One of the main concerns for athletes is dehydration, as this negatively affects the body in so many ways, so why would an experienced cyclist, well aware of the fact that this drug would cause a positive swab, and increase the likelihood of a dangerous state of dehydration, take such a drug?

It only re-enforces my belief that this was administered to him without him knowing.

Poisoned? ............ Highly likely!

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:07 pm

greyhoundtom wrote: One of the main concerns for athletes is dehydration, as this negatively affects the body in so many ways, so why would an experienced cyclist, well aware of the fact that this drug would cause a positive swab, and increase the likelihood of a dangerous state of dehydration, take such a drug?
Too hide another substance that, unbeknownst to his angelic self, has been put in his food or water etc.,. with the intention it would enhance his performance by such a margin that the small effect of dehydration is worth the risk.

What puzzles me about his "i've been knobbled" claim is why anyone would want to target him given his brother was already out of action. If you were this clever, surely you'd be knobbling one of the race leaders (or is that why Wiggo is looking so unimpressive compared to Froome ?).

Schleck's explanation is simply not credible. Professional athletes are constantly told by WADA etc.,. that they ought to be vigilant about whatever goes into their mouths or bloodstream.

Unless they want to risk a slight change they'll have to sit in the corner for a little while before they win their next TDF stage (a la Valverde). The penalties are so light that the benefits of doping far outweigh the costs.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Another credible sounding explanation I heard was that perhaps the diuretics were there because he was blood doping and happened to use a bag of blood taken from a time where he was using them to try to shed weight.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:31 pm

AndrewBurns wrote:Another credible sounding explanation I heard was that perhaps the diuretics were there because he was blood doping and happened to use a bag of blood taken from a time where he was using them to try to shed weight.
Yes, I suggested this as a possible explanation earlier. I think that's why Contador tested positive for Clenbuterol.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 pm

wombatK wrote:What puzzles me about his "i've been knobbled" claim is why anyone would want to target him given his brother was already out of action. If you were this clever, surely you'd be knobbling one of the race leaders (or is that why Wiggo is looking so unimpressive compared to Froome ?).
Just to put a bit of sand in the oyster, consider the poor mug paying the bills for an underperforming "star" with another expensive year on his contract. It would be a cheap way to sack him.

Let's face it, whilst far fetched, it is about as likely as anything Fronky has come up with

Jean

Postby Jean » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:08 pm

find_bruce wrote:
wombatK wrote:What puzzles me about his "i've been knobbled" claim is why anyone would want to target him given his brother was already out of action. If you were this clever, surely you'd be knobbling one of the race leaders (or is that why Wiggo is looking so unimpressive compared to Froome ?).
Just to put a bit of sand in the oyster, consider the poor mug paying the bills for an underperforming "star" with another expensive year on his contract. It would be a cheap way to sack him.

Let's face it, whilst far fetched, it is about as likely as anything Fronky has come up with
The Schlecks have reportedly been talking to Astana about a move there next year. Maybe they only want Andy?

clackers

Postby clackers » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:43 pm

greyhoundtom wrote: why would an experienced cyclist, well aware of the fact that this drug would cause a positive swab, and increase the likelihood of a dangerous state of dehydration, take such a drug?
A PED user is already a risk taker.

exadios

Postby exadios » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Sharkey wrote:
Well, they cannot be a very good one. Omega Pharma is 12th in the team competition.