Tour de Poitou Charentres ( a couple more wins for Orica-G

ozzymac

Tour de Poitou Charentres ( a couple more wins for Orica-G

Postby ozzymac » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 am

ORICA-GreenEDGE controlled the second stage of Tour de Poitou Charentres from start to finish to deliver Aidis Kruopis to back-to-back victories in France.

Cheers

ozzymac

Re: Tour de Poitou Charentres ( a couple more wins for Ori

Postby ozzymac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Another win for greenEdge.......

Luke Durbridge won the stage four time trial at the Tour de Poitou Charentres in La Roche Posay. The Australian National Time Trial champion posted a time nine seconds faster than Jérémy Roy (FDJ-Big Mat) in second place, covering the 22.1 kilometer course in 26:30, to move into the race lead. It is the fourth individual time trial win for the neo-pro this year.

Cheers

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 am

Luke Durbridge won the overall at the Tour de Poitou Charentres after moving into the leader's jersey on the stage four individual time trial. The neo-pro has won four individual time trials, two of which have set the scene for general classification victories, this season.

"It was a super, super hard stage today," said Durbridge. "Winning after a stage like that makes me feel like the team really deserves this win. It's a huge relief, and I'm happy to repay my teammates for all the hard work they did this week."

ORICA-GreenEDGE dominated the French stage race from start to finish with Aidis Kruopis winning the stage one sprint finish. Kruopis followed up his first victory with a second win on stage two. The leader's jersey moved from Kruopis to Durbridge on the third day of racing, a double day with a short road stage in the morning and an afternoon time trial. The team successfully defended Kruopis' lead in the morning. Durbridge time trialed into the leader's jersey later that afternoon.

Cheers

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Other than missing a stage win at the Tour OGE really couldn't have asked for a better debut season. Another great result for Durbridge too, his future looks very bright.
FPR Ragamuffin

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Chuck wrote:Other than missing a stage win at the Tour OGE really couldn't have asked for a better debut season. Another great result for Durbridge too, his future looks very bright.
For a team that just came in this year, its been a really good start i reckon if they had been offered them they would have the National Champ, the TDU, a Monument and a couple of Stage race Overall victories with a stage win in the Giro and Vuelta they would have snapped it up. I think it can be easy to underestimate just how hard it must have been to start a team straight into the WT. It's not just putting a list of 30 odd riders, so much more than that. This really has been a dream start and i reckon there were a few that looked and the list of riders at the beginning of the year and wondered were the wins would come from. Bannan and White have proved that they have been able to unearth a couple of real gems, particularly Albasini who was a good rider before he came to OGE but has seemed to flourished with the added responsibility. Whats really telling is that they have made one signing for next year, Michael Matthews and have said that's all they are going to look at doing.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

+1 to that Richard.

And in the GP-Plouy (or however it is spelt), a 4th of Gossy and 8th (or 12th in the results) for Gerro is pretty good.

Clarkes win in the Vuelta was classy too.

And the season aint over yet !!!