National Road Titles

zill

Re: National Road Titles

Postby zill » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Xplora wrote:Fantastic race, caught the last 3 laps. Very hard to say with Ewan, yes he used a lot of chips in the last lap, but he had to cover the moves and part of being a neo pro in that situation surely has to be "establish a reputation, and test your boundaries"? He's 20, and how many races has he had over that distance? He clearly had good legs and knew it - we could criticise Heussler for failing to stay with the lead group and burning too many chips before hitting the sprint, but clearly he knew what he needed to do before he crossed the line. I think Lapthorne wasted his opportunities, if anyone did.

Very impressed at Milostic's effort, he's a local legend - 28th place after a top 20 in the TT, and the first placed rider who wasn't on a team. At a similar age to Cadel?!

How do you get to ride in the Nationals without being on a pro team? What criteria would one have to satisfy for a solo entry?

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:07 pm

You probably need to have raced in a Cycling Australia event previously. I received an email to register for the event (after racing the last few masters events). I'm not sure if I would have been on the starting line if I had registered though! One of the guys I race against was in the race (Peter Milostic)
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Milostic has won titles and is managing to podium the state level championships at 40 years old against riders in their peak, he deserves the start as his performance in the break proved. If you want a pathway, podium at an A grade Open race, podium the state championships, and I'm sure they'd make space for you. You'd probably be racing NRS by that stage though ;)

zill

Postby zill » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Fair enough :D

Looking at how many people who didn't finish, you better be in form (to enter individually) or you'll just be wasting your own time.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:27 pm

The National championships will be an A priority race for a lot of guys. For others, it will be a B priority race to develop the skills and toughness for something more accessible for their needs and others still will only use it as a training ride like Mike Rogers who apparently only had 53/14 to do the criterium after Di2 failed. Just depends on your goals.

zill

Postby zill » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:49 am

Xplora wrote:The National championships will be an A priority race for a lot of guys. For others, it will be a B priority race to develop the skills and toughness for something more accessible for their needs and others still will only use it as a training ride like Mike Rogers who apparently only had 53/14 to do the criterium after Di2 failed. Just depends on your goals.

Wouldn't he have a team car with a spare bike behind him?

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:12 am

Criterium ;)

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:51 pm

zill wrote:How do you get to ride in the Nationals without being on a pro team? What criteria would one have to satisfy for a solo entry?

unless they've changed it, anyone could enter the nationals. they''ll pull you out though when (not if) you get dropped.

zill

Postby zill » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:41 pm

jules21 wrote:
zill wrote:How do you get to ride in the Nationals without being on a pro team? What criteria would one have to satisfy for a solo entry?

unless they've changed it, anyone could enter the nationals. they''ll pull you out though when (not if) you get dropped.

I'm not saying that I will enter it any time soon.