Floyd Landis set to race with Health Net-Maxxis in 2009

Aushiker

Floyd Landis set to race with Health Net-Maxxis in 2009

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm

G'day
Defrocked 2006 Tour de France winner Floyd Landis, 32, will make his return to professional cycling after a two-year suspension with the team currently sponsored by Health Net-Maxxis, under a new title sponsor for 2009, sources confirmed with Cyclingnews. The team, run by Momentum Sports Group, has also re-signed many of its current riders, including two-time National Racing Calendar (NRC) champion Rory Sutherland, current USA cyclo-cross champion Tim Johnson and Karl Menzies....
Balance at BikeRadar.com

Andrew

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Is this guy the Ben Johnson of the cycling world :?

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of drug cheats, but is it a case of taking a title off one cheat and passing it on to another just as dirty.

Johnson is the face of drug cheats worldwide because of what happened to him in 88. But then it turns out the guy they promote to the gold medal (the guy who is still regarded as a track legend) has skeletons of his own.

The mud sticks fast on some guys and barely touches others.

I'm not saying that Johnson didn't get what he deserved but others deserved to be shamed just as much.

He was the perfect fall guy, seemingly illiterate, unable to string 2 words together to defend himself. I couldn't help but feel pity for him as we all thought in the back of our minds "he's not the only one".

Same in cycling I guess, some get caught and others sail on through as heroes. That's the problem I guess when you don't have the testing procedures to catch them all.
FPR Ragamuffin

Tale

Postby Tale » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Would Landis be allowed to race the Tour de France again? Could end up with Armstrong, Landis, Contador, all returning to Le Tour in the same year.
Fuji Roubaix RC 2009 - Trek 520 1998 - Touring videos - Commute

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Tale wrote:Would Landis be allowed to race the Tour de France again? Could end up with Armstrong, Landis, Contador, all returning to Le Tour in the same year.
never in a million years wiil Floyd ever ride the TDF again...thats why he has signed with a American domestic team.

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Team Astana signs riders to support Lance in TdF09!!!

"Astana today announced its new team to contest TdF09, presumably to support Lance Armstrongs proposed comeback. The team: Contador, Basso, Hamilton, Gutierriz, Beloki, Mancebo, Zabel, Botero with the prospect of Lance looks strong enough to challenge CSC and rising power Silence-Lotto in all three jerseys. When asked if ATO would allow this team to compete, directeur sportif Bruyneel stated he saw no reason why not, the team had the best drug program in place and changed the guard from the bad old days of Vinokourov." - Rooters news service.
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:29 pm

sittingbison wrote:Team Astana signs riders to support Lance in TdF09!!!

"Astana today announced its new team to contest TdF09, presumably to support Lance Armstrongs proposed comeback. The team: Contador, Basso, Hamilton, Gutierriz, Beloki, Mancebo, Zabel, Botero with the prospect of Lance looks strong enough to challenge CSC and rising power Silence-Lotto in all three jerseys. When asked if ATO would allow this team to compete, directeur sportif Bruyneel stated he saw no reason why not, the team had the best drug program in place and changed the guard from the bad old days of Vinokourov." - Rooters news service.
Wrong thread? :shock:

Back to Landis. Who cares about him now? I don't.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:57 pm

sittingbison wrote:Team Astana signs riders to support Lance in TdF09!!!

As always Rooters news service is right up to date,maybee Floyd will be handing out the water bottles (& whisky :wink:).
long live the King :lol:

Zujan

Postby Zujan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Basso????isn't him with Liguigas?
2011 Cervelo S3/SRAM Red Black/Zipp 404 T,3T Team
2010 Cervelo R3/SRAM Red, 3T Team,Fulcrum Racing 1

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:23 pm

NEWSFLASH!!
"Team Astana sign Manolo Saiz as soigneur" Rooters News Service
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:25 pm

toolonglegs wrote:...maybee Floyd will be handing out the water bottles (& whisky :wink:)
TLL, it was BOURBON (the frogs would like that bit hehe)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:15 pm

LOL...lest he has Zabel as a lead out man!. :lol:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:40 am

CF0. The media'll have a field day if Flandis comes back, more bad raps for the sport.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Seems to think he will be able to line up the the Tour of Califorina, considering that rock racing couldnt ride Tyler Hamilton last year i wouldnt be counting the proverbial chickens just yet.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)