The Spring Classic are here!

GAV!N

The Spring Classic are here!

Postby GAV!N » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:15 pm

*Froth*

If only more were televised though. Can't wait to see the results and highlights from Omloop and KBK this weekend.

Obviously the monuments are yet to come, but hopefully we'll get an idea of the form of Sagan and GVA etc this weekend. Also a good chance of some dreadful weather this early in the spring :twisted: Gent Wevelgem last year anyone? :lol:

AndrewCowley

Re: The Spring Classic are here!

Postby AndrewCowley » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Really enjoyed Omloop. Well done to GVA. Always nice to see the breakaway succeed.

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:12 am

Yep, and he certainly deserves a win!

Stuyven's win at KBK last night was pretty amazing. Soloing away for 20+km's and held off the chasers. That's impressive.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:15 am

Great results, can't wait to see highlights when they come on SBS.

I like GVA and good to see him get a result.

Really looking fwd to PR :D

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Strade Bianche tonight and yes it's televised on SBS! Wooo! I've got night shift too so it works out well.

I really really love this race, up there with Flanders & Roubaix. Probably because I love a bit of gravel grinding :D

Sagan has been up there, GVA already with a win, will It be one of the favourites? I'm not so sure. For some reason I'm leaning towards one of the not so big names.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:43 pm

What a finish. When the break of Sagan, Spartacus and Stybar formed the organisers must of frothed at the mouth. Would of loved a better camera coverage of the last 1km. Brambilla looked like he had it and then Cancellara put the jets on and it was all over.

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Spartacus is back!! That was fantastic racing, and yeah he just came out of the blue at the end there. A good sign for him ahead of monuments ahead. Looking like a good spring!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:10 pm

GAV!N wrote:Spartacus is back!! That was fantastic racing, and yeah he just came out of the blue at the end there. A good sign for him ahead of monuments ahead. Looking like a good spring!
He certainly was motoring in the last few kilometres.

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:42 pm

biker jk wrote:
GAV!N wrote:Spartacus is back!! That was fantastic racing, and yeah he just came out of the blue at the end there. A good sign for him ahead of monuments ahead. Looking like a good spring!
He certainly was motoring in the last few kilometres.
Not suggesting Mechanical doping are you? :twisted: :shock: :lol:

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:58 am

Milan San Remo. Well what a messy race that was! Crash. Crash. Crashhhh.

A shame to see a lot of the big names like Matthews taken out on the Cipressa crash.

There seemed to be very little action on the Poggio really.

The man that would be kicking himself the hardest I think would be Gaviria. He was looking fresh, perfectly positioned, probably the fastest remaining at the end, then boom, touch of wheels and it's all over.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:22 pm

GAV!N wrote:Milan San Remo. Well what a messy race that was! Crash. Crash. Crashhhh.

A shame to see a lot of the big names like Matthews taken out on the Cipressa crash.

There seemed to be very little action on the Poggio really.

The man that would be kicking himself the hardest I think would be Gaviria. He was looking fresh, perfectly positioned, probably the fastest remaining at the end, then boom, touch of wheels and it's all over.
Has anyone seen a replay vid available, or at least a decent highlights reel (more than just the finishing stretch)?
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:06 pm

On my DVR! :p

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:23 am

Demare accused of cheating. I wondered how he got back to the peloton so fast after the same crash which saw Matthews lose contact.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/demare- ... legations/

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 pm

GAV!N wrote:On my DVR! :p
Alright, where should I post the USB key to? :D
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Flanders! What a race. That really didn't disappoint. A shame to see a few of the big names crash out, but that's monuments for you! The last 60-70km was great racing.

Sagan. Love him or hate him, that was an amazing race. Riding away with VanMarcke, then doing most of the work while those two were away, and then riding away solo on the Paterberg. Still, it wasn't over, Cancellara's effort was good. For a while I thought he and Sep would catch back up, but no, Sagan rode away with it.

Roubaix next week... I think it favours Cancellara a bit more. Would love to see him get another big win this year.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Watching it tonight.

Pity about CvA and some of the others. Seems it was a small touch of wheels that scuppered the BMC boys !!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:24 am

Glad I stayed up for the Liege Bastogne Liege, with the snow pushing through the peloton the riders had to battle the elements and along with the slippery cobbles, it added a whole new dynamic to the racing.

I was hoping the Albasini of GreenEdge could hold off Wout Poels of Team Sky, but with the leg work he put in it was a tough call and a hard position to be. I think he was hoping to have team mates come across.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:51 am

AUbicycles wrote:Glad I stayed up for the Liege Bastogne Liege, with the snow pushing through the peloton the riders had to battle the elements and along with the slippery cobbles, it added a whole new dynamic to the racing.

I was hoping the Albasini of GreenEdge could hold off Wout Poels of Team Sky, but with the leg work he put in it was a tough call and a hard position to be. I think he was hoping to have team mates come across.
Amen to that. Great race in epic conditions.

Wonder wheree all the favourites were ????