Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Sky have a lot of money which helps to get things done as well, i.e. Pick of the bunch for rider talent. The domination isn't fun but it is only speculation on about illicit influences.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 am

Despite all the innuendo and as much as they test, not much can be done unless a +ve is obtained.

Mind you, the guys they have on the front are going hard for a short time, it's a far cry from the type of mountain train that US Postal & CSC had going when you had flatlanders dropping climbers.

One thing Sky have done (with their deep pockets) is recruited very well and have loyal guys (the non-loyal ones like Landa, despite their talent are let go) like Kwaito etc who do their job exceptionally well and are happy with the picking up the non-GT crumbs.

Crappy to watch sometimes, but that's the way it is.

Go Esteban !!!

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 am

biker jk wrote:Another rider complaining about the Sky train.

Vincenzo Nibali: "My watts are higher than ever. We start the climbs so fast and then, they accelerate." (via @Gazzetta_it ) #LV2017
Not that I disagree with him, but come on.......it's Nibali. Italy's great contribution to the world sook stockpile.

Anyway, after being smoked by Horner on Angliru he should be used to it :lol:

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:56 am

MichaelB wrote: Mind you, the guys they have on the front are going hard for a short time, it's a far cry from the type of mountain train that US Postal & CSC had going when you had flatlanders dropping climbers.
Flatlanders? What? Like Wiggans, Thomas, Kwiat (before Sky), Rogers and Froomay pre 2011 etc etc? UK Postal suits them.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Sky have a lot of money which helps to get things done as well, i.e. Pick of the bunch for rider talent. The domination isn't fun but it is only speculation on about illicit influences.
More than speculation I think - Sky are still to explain who used all 50 doses of triamcinolone which were supplied to the team by British Cycling, amongst other revelations about the team and British Cycling.

Unfortunately the recent election seems to have brough the UK Parliament select committee inquiry to a halt.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:50 pm

RonK wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:Sky have a lot of money which helps to get things done as well, i.e. Pick of the bunch for rider talent. The domination isn't fun but it is only speculation on about illicit influences.
More than speculation I think - Sky are still to explain who used all 50 doses of triamcinolone which were supplied to the team by British Cycling, amongst other revelations about the team and British Cycling.

Unfortunately the recent election seems to have brough the UK Parliament select committee inquiry to a halt.
Don't get me wrong, I also think that the saying, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...." more than applies, but there is no proof of doping, just lots of dodgy TUE's., unexplained over the counter medicine couriering, missing laptops etc.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:05 pm

MichaelB wrote:
RonK wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I also think that the saying, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...." more than applies, but there is no proof of doping, just lots of dodgy TUE's., unexplained over the counter medicine couriering, missing laptops etc.
You forget Froome's unbelievable transformation from donkey to race horse. I didn't need proof of doping to know that Armstrong was cheating. Moreover, I would argue that the history of cycling suggests that the default assumption should be that amazing performances are due to doping.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:24 pm

biker jk wrote: ...
You forget Froome's unbelievable transformation from donkey to race horse. ....
Nope, hadn't forgotten, and it was even this GT that saved him from being a Sky discard to a 3x TdF winner .....

Just couldn't be bothered to type it. I still wince at his riding style, almost harder to watch than Aru at the limit ....

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:44 pm

MichaelB wrote:
biker jk wrote: ...
You forget Froome's unbelievable transformation from donkey to race horse. ....
Nope, hadn't forgotten, and it was even this GT that saved him from being a Sky discard to a 3x TdF winner .....

Just couldn't be bothered to type it. I still wince at his riding style, almost harder to watch than Aru at the limit ....
Yeah, the same Froome who need to the help of a motorbike to get up the Mortirolo - and was DQ'ed.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 am

I get it that for some riders it is plausible that they are cheating, but frustrating that it lingers like a cloud because there is no admission of guilt or evidence.

The team sky TUE drama is an issue but inconclusive and wide open to interpretation and opinion.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:41 am

AUbicycles wrote: ...The team sky TUE drama is an issue but inconclusive and wide open to interpretation and opinion.
Pushing the envelope re 'what is legal vs intent' and I'd use the phrase "dodgy as hell" vs the one you used Christopher.

All of the explanations are lame at best, and ridiculous 99.9% of the time.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 am

I was going through some old dance music from the late 90's a few nights ago, and suddenly realised why I hadn't seen Froomay before 2007 or so....he used to be known as Jimmy Somerville, singer with The Communards :lol: . He was too busy to be riding.

Look at this, tell me it isn't him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ha5HrQryLk

I can't believe I haven't seen that theory anywhere :lol:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:05 am

fat and old wrote:I was going through some old dance music from the late 90's a few nights ago, and suddenly realised why I hadn't seen Froomay before 2007 or so....he used to be known as Jimmy Somerville, singer with The Communards :lol: . He was too busy to be riding.

Look at this, tell me it isn't him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ha5HrQryLk

I can't believe I haven't seen that theory anywhere :lol:
That's him. :lol: He just lost the fat and became a superstar rider. Mind you, Brailsford didn't recognise Froome's talent and tried to sell him to Bruyneel's team.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Vincenzo Nibali: "My watts are higher than ever. We start the climbs so fast and then, they accelerate." (via @Gazzetta_it ) #LV2017

So if you complain about Sky does that mean you are clean ?
FPR Ragamuffin

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Chuck wrote:

Not at all. While Nibali presents himself as the standard bearer for anti-doping he has been linked to Dr Ferrari in the past.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:15 am

biker jk wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Not at all. While Nibali presents himself as the standard bearer for anti-doping he has been linked to Dr Ferrari in the past.

I'm not sure what the purpose of quoting Nibali was then ??
FPR Ragamuffin

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Chuck wrote:
biker jk wrote:
Chuck wrote:

I thought it was self evident. Nibali, a likely doper, is astounded at the speed of the Team Sky train. He's performance assisted and still struggling to keep up.

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:39 pm

biker jk wrote:
Chuck wrote:
biker jk wrote:

I thought it was self evident. Nibali, a likely doper, is astounded at the speed of the Team Sky train. He's performance assisted and still struggling to keep up.
In the "guilt by association stakes", Team Sky would have to be miles aheard. They actually employed Geert Leinders (former Rabobank team doctor and board member now serving a life ban), as a Team Sky doctor.

No wonder his Nibs can't keep up.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:48 pm

biker jk wrote:
I thought it was self evident.

Suspected doper complains about suspected doper (who is also the main competition), seems a moot point but that's just my opinion :)
FPR Ragamuffin

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Goods news for anti-doping with David Lappartient elected the new UCI President toppling Brian Cookson with a 37-8 drubbing in the vote. Lappartient wants a ban on corticosteriods and !!! spammer !!!.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Another cat 3 old fella with a motor

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/french- ... al-doping/

It was a sting! They even wheeled out Bassons to add to the outrage cred.

Even better...l'equipe's interview...."I was old, I cannot compete, my children need wine"...... :lol:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-rou ... ons/839319

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:46 pm

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 pm

And Pirazzi got 4 years. No news on Ruffoni though

Love the excuses re the frenchie amateur. Happy to pay to cheat to get the prizemoney .... :roll:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:53 am

Sanchez B sample confirms it.

What a way to retire ....

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 am

MichaelB wrote:Sanchez B sample confirms it.

What a way to retire ....
Yet Cardoso tested positive in June and still no word on a suspension.